MuddyWaters
May 6, 2019, 10:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Is it just me that doesn't see Vernam as the answer to the big problem we have, but I easily see him getting double figures if played regularly.

Vernam had a great spell just before Christmas when he and Embo were playing alongside Thomas in the 433/451 we were playing at the time. He then got injured and didn't fit back into a 352 which MJ had created in the interim.

Only an opinion but I think he's a far better bet than Cook but can't play up front in a 2 whereas Cook can.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 6, 2019, 10:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Is it just me that doesn't see Vernam as the answer to the big problem we have, but I easily see him getting double figures if played regularly.

Vernam certainly has an excellent touch, pace and can beat a man but that said thought Saturday’s performance summed him up thus far. First half he saw a lot of the ball but despite finding himself in some great situations was too often indecisive or inaccurate with either his final pass or shot. He does not appear to have the required composure in those important attacking moments. Second half he did what he consistently does and that is fade out of the game and get substituted.

It is his first season so let’s hope these issues can be addressed as the potential certainly appears to be there.

Would agree with a previous poster that it was great to see once again have two wide players with pace both capable of beating a man. We certainly delivered far more crosses and appeared to get more men in the box to try and capitalise on this. Pity we have waited most of the season to see this but good game to end on despite the freezing wind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 76
OllieGTFC
May 6, 2019, 10:11am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Wes Thomas just confirm he had a bust up with Jolley apparently Jolley pushes him and was swearing in his face and Thomas went back at him swearing, interesting

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
Malta_Mariner_90
May 6, 2019, 10:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Wes Thomas just confirm he had a bust up with Jolley apparently Jolley pushes him and was swearing in his face and Thomas went back at him swearing, interesting

https://deskgram.net/wes_thomas_9 - for those of a curious disposition.

Interesting if true, did not have Jolley down as a screamer/shouter type. Also interesting that Thomas does not divulge the reason why he was being shouted at in the first place...now I wonder that that could be...

Surely all players are going to get some stick from the manager at some point. At 31 he should be experienced enough to know this. And more importantly he should know what is said in the dressing room should remain there. As our Russ once said "you lose trust Thomas, you lose trust".  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
chipsandgravy
May 6, 2019, 10:34am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,609
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Didnt think MJ had that in his locker. Gone up in my estimation now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
MuddyWaters
May 6, 2019, 10:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from OllieGTFC

One might suspect that MJ wasn't terribly happy with said player's workrate which, over recent months had gone from moderate to not a lot.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
Jarmo.Is.God
May 6, 2019, 10:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
You don't push someone for no reason, Thomas is only saying what he wants to be heard
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
OllieGTFC
May 6, 2019, 12:16pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
I maybe mistaken but didn’t bignott get sacked for something similar I could be very wrong

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
Northbank Mariner
May 6, 2019, 12:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from OllieGTFC
I maybe mistaken but didn’t bignott get sacked for something similar I could be very wrong

I think you may be thinking of Rob Scott, got the boot after an altercation with the fans I do believe...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 76
bradzmilne
May 6, 2019, 12:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,413
Gold Stars: 30
The annual rumour about us being interested in Lee Angol is doing the rounds.

Also seen Mikael Mandron on Twitter this morning. Who I think would be a good signing

I’m sure they’re absolute nonsense but who doesn’t love a transfer rumour ?!

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Four players released

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.