Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 76 Guests

Scunny.....

This thread currently has 38,656 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
May 27, 2019, 9:42pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,720
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Sweden

Best I've read in a long time. Recognizes me very much as growing up in a society built with the steel as a foundation. I have worked as a steelworker since 1978  to last yaer. We had people from Finland, Hungary etc. who worked there with us Swedes. Nowadays, the jobs have disappeared and these communities have had a negative development. Fan of Grimsby since 15 jan 1977 Crystal Palace - Grimsby Town 2-1 brodcasting on TV here in Sweden.

If you remember seeing 2 kids aged about 12 waving like mad at the camera from a Crystal Palace corner, I was the one in the brown jacket.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 184
Sweden
May 27, 2019, 9:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Poojah

Genuinely intriguing that. A few years before I was born so I’ve no idea of the context of the match, but what was it about a 2-1 defeat that drew you to a club and town you presumably had no prior affinity with? I get why the Man United’s and Liverpool’s of this world develop massive fan bases in far flung parts of the world, but I find it interesting how less successful and fashionable clubs such as ourselves pick up the odd international fan.

Good on you, by the way!

Most of the matches in England were canceled due to the weather. So this match was shown in Swedish TV. Normally, matches from the English first divisons were shown. I thought Crystal Palace was the better team but Grimsby fought and struggled the hole game and a love that. All my mates supported Liverpool, Tottenham etc. I played football myself in the lower series here in Sweden. Played for a while in a football team called Grim. There is now a brewery on that football field.https://olkollen.se/oppigards-grim-lager-nu-pa-samtliga-bishops-arms/?newsletter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 184
Poojah
May 27, 2019, 9:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,737
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Sweden

Most of the matches in England were canceled due to the weather. So this match was shown in Swedish TV. Normally, matches from the English first divisons were shown. I thought Crystal Palace was the better team but Grimsby fought and struggled the hole game and a love that. All my mates supported Liverpool, Tottenham etc.

It’s good to be different. Here’s hoping you have some glory to support of your own in the not too distant future!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 184
KingstonMariner
May 27, 2019, 10:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Sweden

Most of the matches in England were canceled due to the weather. So this match was shown in Swedish TV. Normally, matches from the English first divisons were shown. I thought Crystal Palace was the better team but Grimsby fought and struggled the hole game and a love that. All my mates supported Liverpool, Tottenham etc. I played football myself in the lower series here in Sweden. Played for a while in a football team called Grim. There is now a brewery on that football field.https://olkollen.se/oppigards-grim-lager-nu-pa-samtliga-bishops-arms/?newsletter

Message in a Bottle ought to try to get hold of some of that Grim Lager. Could be a big seller in NEL.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 184
Sweden
May 27, 2019, 10:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +318
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Message in a Bottle ought to try to get hold of some of that Grim Lager. Could be a big seller in NEL.

https://olkollen.se/beers/oppigards-grim-lager/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 184
19 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.