Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 145 Guests

Scunny.....

This thread currently has 38,574 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
TheRealJohnLewis
May 5, 2019, 12:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39

Think it through before being so clever. Rule One for school kids - Play .... To .... The .... Whistle.

If the keeper desperately wanted treatment so badly he could have just signalled to the linesman or referee or called one of his defenders to him or, failing that, thrown the ball behind for a corner. Instead he tried to be too clever and got caught out. More fool him.

I don't support Scunny any more than any other Town fan but this sort of pathetic name calling and thoughtless rubbish ...... lumping together all their fans as cheats just because one player took perfectly fair advantage of stupidity by the Plymouth keeper is not banter, it's just infantile.

The keeper went of injured so yes he did need treament that badly!

Private Message
Reply: 140 - 184
Meza
May 5, 2019, 12:44pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Was told last night by a Scunny season ticket holder that he is heading to Salford to join up again with Alexander. According to him only the fact that Morris broke his leg stopped a previously agreed transfer taking place.

If true shows how much Salford are willing to cough up to achieve success.

it doesn't look great as a club when spending well over the fanbase income, but if you want to progress through the leagues pretty quickly thats the only way.  Lets face it players aren't interested if they have fan base of 2000 fans when they can get paid 2-4 k on wages.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 184
supertown
May 5, 2019, 12:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53

Think it through before being so clever. Rule One for school kids - Play .... To .... The .... Whistle.

If the keeper desperately wanted treatment so badly he could have just signalled to the linesman or referee or called one of his defenders to him or, failing that, thrown the ball behind for a corner. Instead he tried to be too clever and got caught out. More fool him.

I don't support Scunny any more than any other Town fan but this sort of pathetic name calling and thoughtless rubbish ...... lumping together all their fans as cheats just because one player took perfectly fair advantage of stupidity by the Plymouth keeper is not banter, it's just infantile.

Hang on , you think it through. The keeper has hurt his leg and needs treatment. Technically he has to release the ball or be penalised so he very obviously tries to throw it out , he can’t kick it as he is injured. The twit Morris scores and the keeper has to be subbed due to the injury .
But you think thats ok ? You are certainly in the minority .
You , Morris and the scunny manager I think . Even the chairman is embarrassed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 184
MarinerRob
May 5, 2019, 12:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
But looking at the clip on Facebook the keeper was standing up when he rolled the ball out. And when the ball came back he was able to jump and then walk protesting. Nothing obvious he was injured (from that clip) and as someone said you play to the whistle.

However, they could have done a 'Leeds' and allowed them to score unheeded. BUT the Leeds game didn't risk relegation as a result of their action. They were assured of a playoff place and were hard pushed in the chase for automatic promotion.

And I am as glad as anybody that Scunthorpe was relegated but what any player would do on the spur of the moment is hard to judge.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 184
Marinerz93
May 5, 2019, 3:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MarinerRob
But looking at the clip on Facebook the keeper was standing up when he rolled the ball out. And when the ball came back he was able to jump and then walk protesting. Nothing obvious he was injured (from that clip) and as someone said you play to the whistle.

However, they could have done a 'Leeds' and allowed them to score unheeded. BUT the Leeds game didn't risk relegation as a result of their action. They were assured of a playoff place and were hard pushed in the chase for automatic promotion.

And I am as glad as anybody that Scunthorpe was relegated but what any player would do on the spur of the moment is hard to judge.

At 1;04 the keeper jumps and catches the ball, he immediately signals by putting his hand in the air something ins't right then goes down on one knee, as the keeper goes down on one knee he signals again he is injured, he then gets up signalling again to stop to an on coming scunt, then throws the ball out whilst signalling he has thrown it out for a reason. The keeper protests at the goal by signalling to the ref there is something wrong with his knee before being supported off the pitch by two people at around 01:29. The crowd rightly booing the dirty scunt, The players and home crowd knew that what the Scunt had done was morally wrong and not in the spirit of the game, intercourse Scunthorpe, the word girl private in is Scunthorpe for a reason.

[youtube]T62R9M8tUTU[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 184
dapperz fun pub
May 5, 2019, 4:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Again fuckk scunny looking forward to their demise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 184
MarinerRob
May 5, 2019, 4:38pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,432
Gold Stars: 107
Seeing what happened just before the clip on Facebook makes it quite clear he was in trouble. He indicates before throwing the ball out. So NO excuses - he should not have done it. Let's hope Khama comes back with this very unsporting action and bites Scunthorpe on the bottom (or other unmentionable places)

Say what you like about Fenty he enabled Town to hold its head high by doing the right thing and paying our dues after the ITV digital fiasco Rather than what so many other clubs did and went bust. To me that is priceless. Many think that is naive but I prefer to play fair.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 184
RonMariner
May 5, 2019, 5:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,658
Gold Stars: 226
The keeper was clearly injured and was rolling the ball out of play in order to get treatment. It was perfectly obvious and the Scunt knew exactly what he was doing.

I think it's totally disgraceful and the Scunthorpe manager and team should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.   The proper thing to do would have been to give the goal back, as Leeds did in far less clear cut circumstances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 184
KingstonMariner
May 5, 2019, 9:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It comes to something when the spirit you play the game in is compared unfavourably to Dirty Leeds.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 184
RoboCod
May 5, 2019, 9:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It comes to something when the spirit you play the game in is compared unfavourably to Dirty Leeds.

That moment when you tarnish reputation forever, when you manage to out-Leeds Leeds.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 184
19 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.