Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny.....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 316 Guests

Scunny.....

This thread currently has 38,429 views. Print
19 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
May 5, 2019, 11:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Was told last night by a Scunny season ticket holder that he is heading to Salford to join up again with Alexander. According to him only the fact that Morris broke his leg stopped a previously agreed transfer taking place.

If true shows how much Salford are willing to cough up to achieve success.

If Salford do come up (they’re now in the play off final vs Fylde) then I expect them to be right up there given the money they’re spending. Also, I can’t bear the thought of being in the same league a Salford but worse a lower one than FGR. C’mon Tranmere

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 184
Ipswin
May 6, 2019, 1:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Marinerz93

At 1;04 the keeper jumps and catches the ball, he immediately signals by putting his hand in the air something ins't right then goes down on one knee, as the keeper goes down on one knee he signals again he is injured, he then gets up signalling again to stop to an on coming scunt, then throws the ball out whilst signalling he has thrown it out for a reason. The keeper protests at the goal by signalling to the ref there is something wrong with his knee before being supported off the pitch by two people at around 01:29. The crowd rightly booing the dirty scunt, The players and home crowd knew that what the Scunt had done was morally wrong and not in the spirit of the game, intercourse Scunthorpe, the word girl private in is Scunthorpe for a reason.

[youtube]T62R9M8tUTU[/youtube]

A week or so ago after the Leeds incident every fornicator was going on about 'play to the whistle' but suddenly that's all changed and Morris was in the wrong (presumably because he's a Scunthorpe player)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 184
lew chaterleys lover
May 6, 2019, 1:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,546
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Ipswin

A week or so ago after the Leeds incident every fornicator was going on about 'play to the whistle' but suddenly that's all changed and Morris was in the wrong (presumably because he's a Scunthorpe player)

I think it had been obvious for several minutes that the keeper had been injured though. This was the point in which he could not carry on; presumably he could not kick the ball out because of his injury so chose to throw it out.

Even the Scunthorpe chaiman is aghast at the unsporting behaviour of the player and the stand in manager. Play to the whistle by all means but in this instance, it was obvious as a pikestaff what the problem was and that the keeper was throwing it out because he could not carry on.
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 184
Ipswin
May 6, 2019, 2:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

I think it had been obvious for several minutes that the keeper had been injured though. This was the point in which he could not carry on; presumably he could not kick the ball out because of his injury so chose to throw it out.

Even the Scunthorpe chaiman is aghast at the unsporting behaviour of the player and the stand in manager. Play to the whistle by all means but in this instance, it was obvious as a pikestaff what the problem was and that the keeper was throwing it out because he could not carry on.

I have seen keepers 'go down' whilst holding the ball on a number of occasions and play is stopped as the opposition cannot kick it out of his hands.

He did not have to attempt to throw the ball out at all (and if he did throwing it out for a corner was much closer if his pain was that bad!)

Play to the whistle, no room for sportsmanship here

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 184
Abdul19
May 6, 2019, 2:33pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Agreed, he should've just put it out for a corner. It's a bit naïve to assume that an opponent wouldn't try and keep it in in a game of that importance.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 184
lew chaterleys lover
May 6, 2019, 3:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,546
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Ipswin

I have seen keepers 'go down' whilst holding the ball on a number of occasions and play is stopped as the opposition cannot kick it out of his hands.

He did not have to attempt to throw the ball out at all (and if he did throwing it out for a corner was much closer if his pain was that bad!)

Play to the whistle, no room for sportsmanship here

He didn't just try to throw it out willy nilly! Everyone in the ground knew he was injured; he signalled he could not carry on and threw the ball as best he could. It was cheating on the Scunny players part - he knew he was trying to throw it out like everyone else.

Nobody likes winning more than me, but you cannot conduct yourself like that. The Scunthorpe chairman even said it ruined the clubs image. Had Scunthorpe stayed up as part consequence of that goal several years of cultivating a family club image would have been destroyed.

Private Message
Reply: 155 - 184
Northbank Mariner
May 6, 2019, 3:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
All it would have taken was for Morris to kick the ball into touch and Scunthorpe would have had high praise for their sportsmanship, instead they are now going to be remembered for the most infamous goal of 2918/2019...
And people stating the importance of the game, don't forget Leeds were still in the hunt for automatic promotion when they allowed their opponent to go through and score ( although Johansen nearly fukced it up)..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 184
Abdul19
May 6, 2019, 3:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
They were in the hunt for automatic promotion if they'd won that game 26-0....

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 184
Gaffer58
May 8, 2019, 3:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Just got over my three day bender in celebration of scunny getting relegated, at long last I believe there is a God, and let's hope He hasn't finished with them yet!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 184
Marinerz93
May 8, 2019, 7:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just got over my three day bender in celebration of scunny getting relegated, at long last I believe there is a God, and let's hope He hasn't finished with them yet!!!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/wWrpMja.jpg[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 184
19 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.