Rick12
December 6, 2021, 8:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01
This is flipping comedy gold…some folk should really stay away from the Ket…
Not comedy gold Aldi but real life. I think you need a reality check.  As Marinerz 93 loosely states you can only judge someone or their life if you've served the time in our military or lived through extreme hardships.

Young military  men serving time in Afghanistan in the last 20 years have crumbled at seeing their mates blown up by improvised explosive devices set up by the Taliban . Bit different from sitting in a office and having a cup of tea in a warm office chatting with workmates .

No substitute for first hand experience in any walk of life albeit some jobs, environments are more extreme than others  my friend which can can mold or destroy you for better or worse .

Period.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
ska face
December 6, 2021, 8:25am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Don’t get the compulsory arśelicking that’s expected for anyone in the armed forces. Being sent off to die in a desert to keep BAE or Shell Oil’s stock price up? Not for me thanks.

Still, if you’ve got people as credulous as Rick here…
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
Rick12
December 6, 2021, 8:34am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face
Don’t get the compulsory arśelicking that’s expected for anyone in the armed forces. Being sent off to die in a desert to keep BAE or Shell Oil’s stock price up? Not for me thanks.

Still, if you’ve got people as credulous as Rick here…
The thing is Ska Face we need our military and police otherwise you get anarchy.  It's not all about protecting oil prices or keeping Shell Oil prices up but protecting vulnerable people from extreme regimes  .Read what has happened in lawless parts of the middle east and other areas where gangs smash you up and in cases kill you . Iam sure you would would like some protection from the savagery which can exist within in our human psyche .  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
aldi_01
December 6, 2021, 8:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rick12
Not comedy gold Aldi but real life. I think you need a reality check.  As Marinerz 93 loosely states you can only judge someone or their life if you've served the time in our military or lived through extreme hardships.

Young military  men serving time in Afghanistan in the last 20 years have crumbled at seeing their mates blown up by improvised explosive devices set up by the Taliban . Bit different from sitting in a office and having a cup of tea in a warm office chatting with workmates .

No substitute for first hand experience in any walk of life albeit some jobs, environments are more extreme than others  my friend which can can mold or destroy you for better or worse .

Period.

My comment wasn’t about military personnel more the nonsensical original post…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
Rick12
December 6, 2021, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

My comment wasn’t about military personnel more the nonsensical original post…
Aldi if your refering to my comment about the military suicides and numbers that don't make the grade in  military training that's just reality. Some people will never make good soldiers for many reasons likewise some people will never make it in football or boxing or be docters etc. Having said that I do feel everyone has something valuable to contribute if we so try to our society as we're all connected in the web of life.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
aldi_01
December 6, 2021, 8:54am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rick12
Aldi if your refering to my comment about the military suicides and numbers that don't make the grade in  military training that's just reality. Some people will never make good soldiers for many reasons likewise some people will never make it in football or boxing or be docters etc. Having said that I do feel everyone has something valuable to contribute if we so try to our society as we're all connected in the web of life.

I mean the original post that was just the ramblings of a mad man….

I have friends who have been in the military, one of which now spends hours upon hours supporting service personnel feeling exactly like the way you’re describing.

It’s another situation that nobody really wants to address…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
Rick12
December 6, 2021, 9:26am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I mean the original post that was just the ramblings of a mad man….

I have friends who have been in the military, one of which now spends hours upon hours supporting service personnel feeling exactly like the way you’re describing.

It’s another situation that nobody really wants to address…
I  get you eg Grim74 post( I don't like to call anyone mad though Aldi ). I don't know all the inns and outs of what happened with the soldiers Grim was refering to but if someone does something wrong they should be held accountable. Military people do get things wrong either deliberately or accidentally.

On the subject of your friend  supporting ex military personnel I admire that hugely. It's support which can make all the difference between life and death particularly people that have seen extreme combat to lonely old people who have noone. Ultimately  as Pope Francis says  love is the only light which can constantly illuminate a world grown dim.

Period.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
ska face
December 6, 2021, 10:41am

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rick12
The thing is Ska Face we need our military and police otherwise you get anarchy.  It's not all about protecting oil prices or keeping Shell Oil prices up but protecting vulnerable people from extreme regimes  .Read what has happened in lawless parts of the middle east and other areas where gangs smash you up and in cases kill you . Iam sure you would would like some protection from the savagery which can exist within in our human psyche .  

You strike me as someone who had never bothered to read or learn about anything that doesn’t back up your own personal view.

Troubling.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
Rick12
December 6, 2021, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

You strike me as someone who had never bothered to read or learn about anything that doesn’t back up your own personal view.

Troubling.
I don't think noone has all the answers no matter how much you read or learn as we're all sinners to some degree or another. Our human consciousness will never attain purity.

Bottom line is Ska through personal painful experiences in life I don't trust noone fully in this life bar that divine energy source which created this universe .

Iam going to leave it there .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
ska face
December 6, 2021, 12:39pm

Vodka Drinker
It’s for the best.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.