This thread currently has 13,175 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
bluerose13x
April 6, 2019, 5:52pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
In Jolley I trust too have here at the start of next season...but that's hanging by thread...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 98
LH
April 6, 2019, 5:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from bawarmy
Something has to change next season.

The playing budget would be a good start.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 98
Hagrid
April 6, 2019, 5:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
We’ve lost 20 games. 20! As many as the bottom 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 98
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 6, 2019, 5:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Think Jolleys time with us will be based on next 5 games even if we stay up

Notts and Colchester look tricky but we surely can’t lose all of Carlisle morecambe and Crewe.....can we?🤦🏻‍♂️

The only way we look like getting points is through keeping a clean sheet. Scoring goals looks completely beyond us.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 98
rancido
April 6, 2019, 6:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
I still have faith in MJ but he will have to be more flexible in his approach. I know he favours 3-5-2 and it can be an effective format but you need the right players in the back 5 for it to work and we don't. I'm sure he will have learnt a lot from this season especially in what is required to succeed and I think he is intelligent enough to implement that.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 98
Badger57
April 6, 2019, 6:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
The goodwill that Jolley has enjoyed for longer than most would receive from the Town faithfull is definitely starting to run on empty now. The belief and promise just hasn't materialised into anything tangible. Honestly, how many times have we actually played well for 90 minutes? Worrying times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 98
Mariner93er
April 6, 2019, 6:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Ultimately, you can do as much stuff off the pitch as you like, but it's a results business. Engaging with fans has bought him time, but the results nor the performances are present. If anyone says they're confident we won't be in a relegation battle next season, they're lying. The fact my expectations have gone down for next season is very concerning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 98
jamesgtfc
April 6, 2019, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Hagrid
We’ve lost 20 games. 20! As many as the bottom 2

We've also won one less game than Swindon in 10th! If some of those losses were draws we would have been saying that it has been a successful season. If some of those wins were draws however...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 98
MuddyWaters
April 6, 2019, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Is anyone else annoyed that Thomas was totally left out of the team today?

Arguably today he was the best striker available and wasn’t in the team,

Obviously the rumours are true about an argument and we don’t know exactly what was said or gone on but at the end of the day, we needed him to play you’d of thought being a professsional football clubthey would of sat down and sorted it and moved on, Thomas given a warning or whatever needed.

End of day his out top goal scorer and under contract to end of season,

I wish I could have a day off work and be paid for every time I had a argument with my boss.

You sort it and move on, he was a miss today his way better than Cardwell and Dennis in his current form.

From what I've been told, he won't be back.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 98
denni266
April 6, 2019, 6:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
I have said before that Jolley is a coach not a manager, and his record is as bad as any of the other managers we have had before that have been sacked.This persistance  with the 352 system is beyond a joke. The only thing he excells at it saying the right things ,but not doing them. We have reasonable players playing the wrong system and if he cannot see that he needs to go back in too banking, I suspect he will be given about 8 games in the new season , and if no beter than this season he will be gone
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In Jolley we trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.