lew chaterleys lover
April 6, 2019, 8:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Teestogreen
Remember seeing him playing for us on loan from Leicester City - in the equivalent of the current Championship. He can always hurt us.

He (Ellison) has never played for us - has he? If he has I must have been in a coma.
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 98
Abdul19
April 6, 2019, 8:41pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
I vaguely remember him playing for the reserves whilst on trial, but he never played for the first team

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 98
Ashby mariner
April 6, 2019, 8:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +447
Gold Stars: 7
Regarding the budget. To me we use to have a better playing budget in the conference than we do now, Tait, Connel, Amond ect. Surely the budget in our non league days was alot less than it is now we are in league 2?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 98
GollyGTFC
April 6, 2019, 8:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Quoted from Ashby mariner
Regarding the budget. To me we use to have a better playing budget in the conference than we do now, Tait, Connel, Amond ect. Surely the budget in our non league days was alot less than it is now we are in league 2?

The season we got promoted the clubs wage budget was £1.6m. The first 2 seasons back in the EFL it was £2.3m and then £2.5m. That includes non-football staff, but it shows the budget has increased since promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 98
forza ivano
April 6, 2019, 9:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Very poor end to the season . Although if I’d been offered a lower mid table end position in August without the threat of relegation I’d have took it tbh .
However , considering the position we were in , I’ve got to say the players and management have to take a long hard look at themselves. To roll over like this with 10-15 games left is fooking pathetic and to be quite truthful the majority of them can do one .
I don’t think sacking Jolley and Limbrick would achieve anything but they have to look at the players they’ve got to work with and really make some tough decisions. The majority are just lower L2 / conference standard which is why are are where we are . Fenty has to up the ££ available and MJ has to find better players . It’s that simple .

Nail on head. I think only Hess mckeown and Hendrie out of the 14 today would get in a top half side.possibly Clifton and Dennis. The rest are barely above conference standard. That’s 9 or 10 players that need to be greatly improved or released.i just wish he’d play players in their natural positions instead of trying to shoe horn inadequate players into a system that doesn’t suit them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 98
HertsGTFC
April 6, 2019, 9:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

Thought we were top half when Bignot was sacked and had just won away at Blackpool?  

True that was a week or two after fielding an experimental side in a local derby and getting embarrassed by conceding 5 goals versus the free scoring league leaders.

Add to that a massive playing squad sapping up the clubs coffers, nothing to play for and in the process. In addition to p1sing off most of the players left at the club who got us up after having just p1ssed off one the the biggest clubs in the World by throwing their England Youth keeper publicly under a bus so much so that they recalled him due to an "injury crisis",  

The fumiest thing about the Bignot reign is that we had a head of recruitment who just used to set the cones out on match day rather than being at other matches watching future targets. This actually is almost as funny as someone thinking we;d have progressed under Bignot..  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 98
Northbank Mariner
April 6, 2019, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from forza ivano

Nail on head. I think only Hess mckeown and Hendrie out of the 14 today would get in a top half side.possibly Clifton and Dennis. The rest are barely above conference standard. That’s 9 or 10 players that need to be greatly improved or released.i just wish he’d play players in their natural positions instead of trying to shoe horn inadequate players into a system that doesn’t suit them.

After today I'd say goodbye to whitmore.. absolutely useless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 98
louth_in_the_south
April 6, 2019, 9:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,549
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

After today I'd say goodbye to whitmore.. absolutely useless

I knew that after the Fgr game in August. I’m sorry but he’s another tony crane . Might have looked good as a 16 year old but never developed. Just a non league standard now .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 98
The Boys Paddock
April 6, 2019, 9:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Quoted from HertsGTFC

True that was a week or two after fielding an experimental side in a local derby and getting embarrassed by conceding 5 goals versus the free scoring league leaders.

Add to that a massive playing squad sapping up the clubs coffers, nothing to play for and in the process. In addition to p1sing off most of the players left at the club who got us up after having just p1ssed off one the the biggest clubs in the World by throwing their England Youth keeper publicly under a bus so much so that they recalled him due to an "injury crisis",  

The fumiest thing about the Bignot reign is that we had a head of recruitment who just used to set the cones out on match day rather than being at other matches watching future targets. This actually is almost as funny as someone thinking we;d have progressed under Bignot..  

always make me laugh, the playing squad under Bignot, its like the chairman didnt know what was going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 98
promotion plaice
April 6, 2019, 9:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from The Boys Paddock

always make me laugh, the playing squad under Bignot, its like the chairman didnt know what was going on.

The Chairman doesn't even know if he is the Chairman  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 98
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In Jolley we trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.