6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
gytone
January 20, 2019, 11:05am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,024
Gold Stars: 8
I quite like Cardwell and agree there is sone potential within him, but i think i would've kept Jamille Matt instead, bit confused as why we never offered him a contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 58
Swansea_Mariner
January 20, 2019, 1:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from friskneymariner
For how much longer are we not going to address the problem of not bringing a decent striker?,same issue season after season.

I'd hardly say its season  after season in the last decade we've had Boggle, Amond, Connel, Hearn and Elding who have all been quality, and Hannah and LJL weren't too shabby either, (going back a bit further Ready and Jones). I'd be more inclined to say our problems over the last couple of decades have stemmed more from the middle of the park than up top. After Disley you are really scratching around for any extended quality in the centre of the park. Nolan (briefly) and going back a bit Bolland but we've been a much of a muchness there for a long time.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 58
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 20, 2019, 6:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Prior to Mansfield on New Years Day we scored 11 goals in 3 home games with a relatively settled side since then with injuries and suspensions etc.. we've had real disruption and this has been at a time when we've played 3 decent teams and a team fighting for their lives.

Though we need a better partner for Thomas I feel the issues come from mid field as the service the strikers have been getting has been pretty poor so I get why we went 3-5-2 yesterday if it allowed the FB's to press on and the midfield to get further up the pitch.

Personally I think our season turned a corner away at Carlisle when we went 4-3-3 in the first half maybe that's the answer who knows but a front 3 of Thomas Verman and Embelton would in my mind be more dangerous.

Of the players available wouldn't  A. Rose figure in your thinking? He has pace and looks a more likely finisher than any of these three.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 58
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2019, 7:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228

Of the players available wouldn't  A. Rose figure in your thinking? He has pace and looks a more likely finisher than any of these three.

Yes but other than scoring that late winner the other week there’s nothing to suggest he’d start ahead of Thomas, Verman and Embleton in a 3.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 58
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 20, 2019, 7:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yes but other than scoring that late winner the other week there’s nothing to suggest he’d start ahead of Thomas, Verman and Embleton in a 3.

Well he hasn't had many opportunities has he? He won a penalty the other week as well the goal you mention and he has that great gift of pace. I agree he is green and needs time but if we are to play a 2 or a 3 at the front surely he is worth a pop for more minutes then he's getting just now.

TBH I don't know if he would be the answer but the others have all had a fair go and here we are with our 360 goal less minutes.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 58
HertsGTFC
January 20, 2019, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228

Well he hasn't had many opportunities has he? He won a penalty the other week as well the goal you mention and he has that great gift of pace. I agree he is green and needs time but if we are to play a 2 or a 3 at the front surely he is worth a pop for more minutes then he's getting just now.

TBH I don't know if he would be the answer but the others have all had a fair go and here we are with our 360 goal less minutes.

Don’t disagree I’d like to see him start soon.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 58
diehardmariner
January 21, 2019, 11:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,608
Gold Stars: 538
For those calling for A.Rose, he had an absolute stinker for the reserves last week.  Couldn't control it, couldn't pass it, couldn't do anything right.  The lad Burrell absolutely showed him up in terms of desire and work-rate.  

Cardwell and Thomas just had bad games on Saturday.  We need alternative options and I'd be amazed if another striker isn't on Jolley's January shopping list, but to single the lad out is a bit needless in my opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 58
monkeyboy
January 21, 2019, 12:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Cardwell could well be a great finisher, could the same for all our strikers. if the service aint there no girl private gonna score.

Service needs improving. simples.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 58
rancido
January 21, 2019, 1:33pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't believe that saying he's not good enough is 'hammering' him. The fact that he gets picked says more about our budget & recruitment to me. I don't see him as any better than JJ who, at least, has a shot on him ( and I don't rate JJ either).

The fact that he gets picked says more about how MJ rates him than anything else to me. Didn't MJ extend his contract in the summer?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Cardwell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.