6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
January 19, 2019, 5:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
What does anybody (including Jolley) see in him? Totally ineffective wherever he plays, no desire, never wins anything in the air and is like a kitten to play against.

He is far too slow off the mark and I cannot remember him having any impact on the game, bar the penalty he won at Swindon last year and a tap in.

We let players of the calibre of Amond and Andy Cook (who was obviously a good player) go and replace them with players of inferior quality.

We badly need a couple of strikers and guess what Mr Fenty - you have to pay a premium to get them.
Private Message
Yoda
January 19, 2019, 6:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,912
Gold Stars: 62
I love Cardwell but he needs to drop down a couple of leagues.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 58
Hagrid
January 19, 2019, 6:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
Looks a man low on confidence and out his depth today.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 58
arryarryarry
January 19, 2019, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
What does anybody (including Jolley) see in him? Totally ineffective wherever he plays, no desire, never wins anything in the air and is like a kitten to play against.

He is far too slow off the mark and I cannot remember him having any impact on the game, bar the penalty he won at Swindon last year and a tap in.

We let players of the calibre of Amond and Andy Cook (who was obviously a good player) go and replace them with players of inferior quality.

We badly need a couple of strikers and guess what Mr Fenty - you have to pay a premium to get them.

I've just posted on the just back thread that I thought he won more headers than Thomas but in terms of goal threat neither looked anything like scoring.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 58
HertsGTFC
January 19, 2019, 6:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,629
Gold Stars: 217
He's a young player learning his trade so people should get off his back, I'm 100%  sure that of we'd have had another striker or two he'd have spent a period of this season out on loan to keep him playing and ideally scoring. Mos supporters have been calling for the manager to invest trust in youth sometimes it will work sometimes it won't when people are developing.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 58
sonofmadeleymariner
January 19, 2019, 6:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Today he had a shocker, never won anything in the air, had one moment where he had a half decent dribble down the left flank that came to nothing and pressed the keeper a coulpe of times that was it for him today. I think theres a player in there but maybe we need to bring someone in at least for the season and send him out on loan to a lower league club for him to find his feet and build some confidence by banging in a few goals.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 58
lew chaterleys lover
January 19, 2019, 6:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from HertsGTFC
He's a young player learning his trade so people should get off his back, I'm 100%  sure that of we'd have had another striker or two he'd have spent a period of this season out on loan to keep him playing and ideally scoring.

All hypothetical. If he is playing for us he should contribute something, anything. Vernam and A. Rose should be ahead of him to start.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 58
Northbank Mariner
January 19, 2019, 6:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Today he had a shocker, never won anything in the air, had one moment where he had a half decent dribble down the left flank that came to nothing and pressed the keeper a coulpe of times that was it for him today. I think theres a player in there but maybe we need to bring someone in at least for the season and send him out on loan to a lower league club for him to find his feet and build some confidence by banging in a few goals.

In the same we have JJ??... I've said it before, he isn't of league 2 quality...at 22 he should know his trade...at 20 I came out of time as a fitter and had to do my job to the same level as men with 30 years more experience than myself...simply put, we need better, until then it's going to be very losing games for us...that's if we manage to score again at this bloody rate.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 58
Hagrid
January 19, 2019, 6:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
People arent “on his back”. But folk are allowed an opinion and mine is he isnt good enough
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 58
MuddyWaters
January 19, 2019, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HertsGTFC
He's a young player learning his trade so people should get off his back, I'm 100%  sure that of we'd have had another striker or two he'd have spent a period of this season out on loan to keep him playing and ideally scoring. Mos supporters have been calling for the manager to invest trust in youth sometimes it will work sometimes it won't when people are developing.  

Without wishing to sound unkind, he looks no better now than he did 18 months ago and if we can't afford better than him, we will spend more time looking down than up.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 58
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Cardwell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.