9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerdazza
January 7, 2019, 4:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,852
Gold Stars: 82

Maybe, but a sneaky one nil win with 11 players would be even better.

I know. Just trying to be glass half full.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 86
Biccys
January 7, 2019, 4:22pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Hagrid
Just read an interview with Mckeown in the Independent. Says Fox is the nicest man he’s met in football and his wife had flown over from the US to see the game, poor bloke. I have no ill feeling towards him at all

Sorry but that's both tragic and hilarious at the same time! Poor guy must be absolutely distraught! Chance to show his better half his prowess and she's travelled for hours to see him and a fair expense, and he probably didn't even break sweat..... Lolz.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 71 - 86
forza ivano
January 7, 2019, 4:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 86
January 7, 2019, 5:00pm
Guest User

You say it was a red, but the most experienced referee in the Premier League was standing 5 yards away, and taking all the circumstances into account decided it was a yellow card. He had to take into account several factors and his experience told him a yellow would have settled everybody down, and we would have had a great game at 11 v 11 which is what everyone had come to see.

I am sure Fox bitterly regrets diving in like that, but the occasion clearly got him too pumped up and a yellow card and a stern warning should have been the end of it.

VAR gave it a red , TV replays say red. Ref said yellow untill VAR stepped in.  He may be an experienced ref but by the letter of the law got it wrong. I believe he didnt want to send Fox off  but had no choice.  My argument is none VAR games allowed players to get away with bad  tackles.
Reply: 73 - 86
Croxton
January 7, 2019, 5:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Biccys

Sorry but that's both tragic and hilarious at the same time! Poor guy must be absolutely distraught! Chance to show his better half his prowess and she's travelled for hours to see him and a fair expense, and he probably didn't even break sweat..... Lolz.

It could be a while before he sees the funny side.........if it exists. Truly poignant moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 86
davmariner
January 7, 2019, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
More importantly, is Fox definitely going? Seems to be roundly assumed that he’s on his way, though without any concrete evidence. Would be great if we were able to keep hold of him.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 86
Stadium
January 7, 2019, 5:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from 4055

VAR gave it a red , TV replays say red. Ref said yellow untill VAR stepped in.  He may be an experienced ref but by the letter of the law got it wrong. I believe he didnt want to send Fox off  but had no choice.  My argument is none VAR games allowed players to get away with bad  tackles.

He did have the choice,the final decision is with the ref.
However seeing he never even reviewed it the decision was effectively made by VAR (Which was correct)

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 86
KingstonMariner
January 7, 2019, 9:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

Maybe, but a sneaky one nil win with 11 players would be even better.

A sneaky one nil with 10 would have been even better

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 86
KingstonMariner
January 7, 2019, 9:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 4055
i tend to agree with most, it was a red card, but the ref gave yellow. without VAR we would of had 11 men on the pitch and Palace would have had a serious game on their hands. If all the games had VAR i wouldnt have minded but they didnt. Watching other games without VAR some players got away with not been sent off . Just appears unfair IMHO. Team were excellent , Support fantastic.  UTM.

Now I've calmed down I can see why the red was given. On explaining what happened to a colleague today, he asked me 'do all FA Cup games have VAR then?', 'no, just the ones at Premiership grounds.' 'How is that fair?' was his reaction.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 86
wuffing
January 7, 2019, 9:56pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
It'll be our last chance then on Saturday so let's have a rousing rendition of: he was one of our own, he was one of our own Andrew Fox he was one of our own...

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fox

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.