Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embleton .
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 314 Guests

Embleton .

This thread currently has 17,840 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
December 23, 2018, 9:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Not noticed it mentioned as yet but is anyone else not worried that Embleton's solo applause to the stands after the whistle yesterday was maybe a sign ?

I know the team have been doing this regularly this season but just thought he broke himself away yesterday and applauded the stands in his own little bubble.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
December 23, 2018, 10:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
I don't think he knows himself what's happening, until he's spoken to the Sunderland manager tomorrow. I think it was most likely a 'just-in-case' thanking the crowd.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 67
jimgtfc
December 23, 2018, 10:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
For what it’s worth I think he’ll stay but even if he decides he wants to go back to Sunderland, good luck to the lad, he deserves his chance there after a very productive spell here and Sunderland can’t be anything other that pleased with him. He’s been instrumental in our upturn in form, once he found his place in the team and confidence grew he stood out like a dogs d!ck. Always wants the ball, moves it quickly and accurately, works his bloody socks off and his delivery is usually excellent. Has anyone managed to work out what his naturally preferred foot is? He’s a cut above this level, will play at least championship level in the future and would be very difficult to replace. One of our best loan players of the last decade for me in terms of what he’s brought to the team and how much he’s improved us.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 67
livosnose
December 23, 2018, 10:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,164
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from jimgtfc
For what it’s worth I think he’ll stay but even if he decides he wants to go back to Sunderland, good luck to the lad, he deserves his chance there after a very productive spell here and Sunderland can’t be anything other that pleased with him. He’s been instrumental in our upturn in form, once he found his place in the team and confidence grew he stood out like a dogs d!ck. Always wants the ball, moves it quickly and accurately, works his bloody socks off and his delivery is usually excellent. Has anyone managed to work out what his naturally preferred foot is? He’s a cut above this level, will play at least championship level in the future and would be very difficult
to replace. One of our best loan players of the last decade for me in terms of what he’s brought to the team and how much he’s improved us.

“Stood out like a dogs male private” deserves post of the year 🤣

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 67
Kris2
December 23, 2018, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
It's all wait and see at the minute. Probably not really his decision if Sunderland want him to come back and don't see any benefit to letting him stay with us until the end of the season. If he has a place in their team and the manager is saying he's going to get a look in I'm sure he'd want to go back but if not he's getting first team football here.

If he's just going to sit in the reserves there I'm sure they'll see the benefit of giving him to the end of the season with us to develop his game then he can have pre season with Sunderland and they might have a hell of a player by next season. He's still a young lad but you can already see the quality on the ball and as his confidence grew he only got better. Good at picking out chances and not afraid to have a go at goal. Never see him hesitate or dally on the ball which has been an issue for us with the midfield in the past.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 67
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2018, 11:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Best loanee we’ve had since Townsend and a good while before.

Reads the game really well and makes runs that players at L2 level and below just don’t see. Every time he gets the ball there is a real feeling of excitement.

If he goes good luck I’m sure he’ll have a great career. If he could just bang in a couple against Palace before he goes I’m sure we’d all appreciate it!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 67
rancido
December 23, 2018, 12:25pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
FWIW I think that if Sunderland don't intend to use him as part of their first team plans then I think he will see out the season with us.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 67
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2018, 2:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from rancido
FWIW I think that if Sunderland don't intend to use him as part of their first team plans then I think he will see out the season with us.

I agree, or at least hope so.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 67
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 23, 2018, 2:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Why would he say his goodbye yesterday? My understanding is that his loan period ends after the Palace game in which case he will be playing v Mansfield on New Year’s Day.

Given his chat with Ross is tomorrow think he will get his chance to say farewell either then or after the Palace cup win!!

Like all fans hope he stays
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 67
Abdul19
December 23, 2018, 2:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from rancido

It'd be very strange if he didn't as he can't play for anyone else, can he?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 67
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embleton .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.