Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embleton .
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 138 Guests

Embleton .

This thread currently has 17,785 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
December 27, 2018, 10:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
An optimist might speculate that he went up to Sunderland for Christmas Eve training so that he was guaranteed to be home for a decent amount of time over Christmas.

A pessimist would speculate that he’s far to good for us and that Sunderland are happy enough he could do a job for them in the league above which is probably a fair assessment.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 67
chaos33
December 27, 2018, 11:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Good read BD..but I'll give you that silver lining, he's called Elliott Whitehouse

A silver lining who probably wouldn't be available until March if all goes well.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 67
Northbank Mariner
December 27, 2018, 11:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from chaos33

A silver lining who probably wouldn't be available until March if all goes well.

The crux of that statement was that, to me he's not holding up the development of another player by staying, we have a natural replacement for next season in Whitehouse, as for the rest of this season, if he goes back, I honestly believe we have enough in midfield that we'd soon overcome missing him..
Got to say though, he has been a joy to watch and I can only thank him for some outstanding performances and gracing our great club with his skills
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 67
grimsby pete
December 28, 2018, 12:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I would think after going back to Sunderland and MJ saying there is nothing to report,

Tells me he will not be staying,

Sad but they had 46,000 at their boxing day game,

So I think he will go and fight for his place there.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 67
ska face
December 28, 2018, 12:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,343
Gold Stars: 820
Doesn’t matter if they had 100k at their home game, the decision isn’t up to him and their manager has already said he wants Embleton having played 40-odd first team games.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 67
davmariner
December 28, 2018, 2:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Read earlier in the Sunderland Echo (article from November) that along with a number of other young players there, Embleton has already been offered a new contract at Sunderland.

I don’t think we can read too much into ‘there’s nothing to report’. I gather that he can’t play for any other clubs this season and given Sunderland’s excellent form I don’t envisage that he’ll be going back there to play in their first team. The Sunderland manager has said that he wants to strengthen their squad, which in this day and age, likely entails buying in players rather than promoting a young player.

Embleton is good, but I don’t think he’s quite at the top of League 1 level yet.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 67
marinerrick
December 28, 2018, 6:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
I would of thought that after training with Sunderland on Monday, If he was part of Sunderlands plans he would have been asked not to play boxing day in case of injuries. Maybe I'm just looking for the optimistic view but if I was a manager with a player due to return and he was part of my match day squad plansi woukdnt want the risk of injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 67
December 28, 2018, 6:35am
Guest User
Or maybe the plot could thicken and he could sign for us??
Reply: 37 - 67
monkeyboy
December 28, 2018, 6:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
So if he cant hold a place down in a league 1 team what chance would he have going to Championship level next season? could be he is told he is surplus to requirements and no contract or a crap one offered.
Like people say he is a good player but is he championship good? i would imagine Sunderland will spen heavily to try and get back in the Prem.

Maybe he could sign for us as a building block and prove his self going up the leagues like a lot of others have, cant say his wages would be huge coming through youth level so we couldd maybe offer a Carrot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 67
Gaffer58
December 28, 2018, 7:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Monkeyboy, I think it will take more than a carrot to entice him, he's not a reindeer you know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embleton .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.