Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embleton .
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 159 Guests

Embleton .

This thread currently has 17,835 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
December 23, 2018, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,316
Gold Stars: 113
I think that they’ll fancy him for their matchday squad and he’ll sadly be off. We will have to do a fair bit of business come January I feel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 67
Cloudy
December 27, 2018, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Anything been said about Embletons chat with Ross at Sunderland?
Not seen or heard any comments myself
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
buckstown
December 27, 2018, 8:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
There's a thread on their forum suggesting they're light in midfield. Couple of them think he's the answer and suggesting he might be recalled.
Apparently he's out of contract at the end of the season but not sure if that makes a difference to his (or Sunderlands) decision
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 67
Cloudy
December 27, 2018, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from buckstown
There's a thread on their forum suggesting they're light in midfield. Couple of them think he's the answer and suggesting he might be recalled.
Apparently he's out of contract at the end of the season but not sure if that makes a difference to his (or Sunderlands) decision

Thank you. I would hope that he gets a new deal at Sunderland then sent back to us for the rest of this season.
I suspect a decision has been made but not made public yet?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 67
Northbank Mariner
December 27, 2018, 8:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,442
Gold Stars: 171
Do suspect a decision has been made but don't expect a statement until after the palace game, that way he and the team can concentrate on the upcoming games without upsetting the apple cart too much ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
buckstown
December 27, 2018, 8:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,171
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Do suspect a decision has been made but don't expect a statement until after the palace game, that way he and the team can concentrate on the upcoming games without upsetting the apple cart too much ..

That might suggest he's off. If he was staying it would give the squad a boost surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
Tommy
December 27, 2018, 9:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from buckstown

That might suggest he's off. If he was staying it would give the squad a boost surely?

Have to admit, that was my thought (worry) too.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
Bigdog
December 27, 2018, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Unfortunately I'd be highly but pleasantly surprised if he stays. With his contract up at the end of the season it would be in his best interests to fight for his place at Sunderland especially as they're looking a good bet to get promoted back to the Championship. Unless Ross offers him a new contract on the basis that he's looking at Embleton as a longer term prospect and he's ok with him toughening up in League Two for the rest of the season in readiness for next season, I can't see him staying. With the silence since Monday being deafening, I can't imagine any reason for not announcing him staying on until the end of the season unless the player himself is taking time to mull things over.

It will be a blow for the rest of the season if he doesn't stay, but let's be realistic, he's not going to be with us next season. With the points we have in the bag already it's highly unlikely that we'll get dragged into a relegation dogfight by losing one player, the squad's better than that, and if he leaves, it will give us the budget and opportunity to introduce a replacement in this window that could bed in and form part of hopefully a promotion chasing squad next season. Short term it would be a blow if he leaves, but maybe him staying could be slightly detrimental to our chances next season if he's holding back the development of a new permanent signing. If he leaves, I'll be disappointed he won't be in our team anymore because I enjoy watching him play, but I'll be looking forward to see who replaces him and how that player develops and can improve us. I guess I'm looking for a bit of a tenuous silver lining a bit here..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 67
chaos33
December 27, 2018, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
I don't know what to read into Jolley's comments on Boxing Day,  He said that Ross had spoken to Embleton and that he had spoken to Ross. Yet, there was 'no update'.

What did they all talk about? Winter fashion?

Would love to keep him but not hopeful.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
Northbank Mariner
December 27, 2018, 10:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,442
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Bigdog
Unfortunately I'd be highly but pleasantly surprised if he stays. With his contract up at the end of the season it would be in his best interests to fight for his place at Sunderland especially as they're looking a good bet to get promoted back to the Championship. Unless Ross offers him a new contract on the basis that he's looking at Embleton as a longer term prospect and he's ok with him toughening up in League Two for the rest of the season in readiness for next season, I can't see him staying. With the silence since Monday being deafening, I can't imagine any reason for not announcing him staying on until the end of the season unless the player himself is taking time to mull things over.

It will be a blow for the rest of the season if he doesn't stay, but let's be realistic, he's not going to be with us next season. With the points we have in the bag already it's highly unlikely that we'll get dragged into a relegation dogfight by losing one player, the squad's better than that, and if he leaves, it will give us the budget and opportunity to introduce a replacement in this window that could bed in and form part of hopefully a promotion chasing squad next season. Short term it would be a blow if he leaves, but maybe him staying could be slightly detrimental to our chances next season if he's holding back the development of a new permanent signing. If he leaves, I'll be disappointed he won't be in our team anymore because I enjoy watching him play, but I'll be looking forward to see who replaces him and how that player develops and can improve us. I guess I'm looking for a bit of a tenuous silver lining a bit here..

Good read BD..but I'll give you that silver lining, he's called Elliott Whitehouse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Embleton .

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.