7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
December 23, 2018, 9:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Not noticed it mentioned as yet but is anyone else not worried that Embleton's solo applause to the stands after the whistle yesterday was maybe a sign ?

I know the team have been doing this regularly this season but just thought he broke himself away yesterday and applauded the stands in his own little bubble.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
wigworld
December 23, 2018, 10:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
I don't think he knows himself what's happening, until he's spoken to the Sunderland manager tomorrow. I think it was most likely a 'just-in-case' thanking the crowd.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 67
jimgtfc
December 23, 2018, 10:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,011
Gold Stars: 40
For what it’s worth I think he’ll stay but even if he decides he wants to go back to Sunderland, good luck to the lad, he deserves his chance there after a very productive spell here and Sunderland can’t be anything other that pleased with him. He’s been instrumental in our upturn in form, once he found his place in the team and confidence grew he stood out like a dogs d!ck. Always wants the ball, moves it quickly and accurately, works his bloody socks off and his delivery is usually excellent. Has anyone managed to work out what his naturally preferred foot is? He’s a cut above this level, will play at least championship level in the future and would be very difficult to replace. One of our best loan players of the last decade for me in terms of what he’s brought to the team and how much he’s improved us.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 67
livosnose
December 23, 2018, 10:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,143
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from jimgtfc
For what it’s worth I think he’ll stay but even if he decides he wants to go back to Sunderland, good luck to the lad, he deserves his chance there after a very productive spell here and Sunderland can’t be anything other that pleased with him. He’s been instrumental in our upturn in form, once he found his place in the team and confidence grew he stood out like a dogs d!ck. Always wants the ball, moves it quickly and accurately, works his bloody socks off and his delivery is usually excellent. Has anyone managed to work out what his naturally preferred foot is? He’s a cut above this level, will play at least championship level in the future and would be very difficult
to replace. One of our best loan players of the last decade for me in terms of what he’s brought to the team and how much he’s improved us.

“Stood out like a dogs male private” deserves post of the year 🤣

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 67
Kris2
December 23, 2018, 11:19am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
It's all wait and see at the minute. Probably not really his decision if Sunderland want him to come back and don't see any benefit to letting him stay with us until the end of the season. If he has a place in their team and the manager is saying he's going to get a look in I'm sure he'd want to go back but if not he's getting first team football here.

If he's just going to sit in the reserves there I'm sure they'll see the benefit of giving him to the end of the season with us to develop his game then he can have pre season with Sunderland and they might have a hell of a player by next season. He's still a young lad but you can already see the quality on the ball and as his confidence grew he only got better. Good at picking out chances and not afraid to have a go at goal. Never see him hesitate or dally on the ball which has been an issue for us with the midfield in the past.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 67
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2018, 11:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,650
Gold Stars: 217
Best loanee we’ve had since Townsend and a good while before.

Reads the game really well and makes runs that players at L2 level and below just don’t see. Every time he gets the ball there is a real feeling of excitement.

If he goes good luck I’m sure he’ll have a great career. If he could just bang in a couple against Palace before he goes I’m sure we’d all appreciate it!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 67
rancido
December 23, 2018, 12:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,449
Gold Stars: 93
FWIW I think that if Sunderland don't intend to use him as part of their first team plans then I think he will see out the season with us.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 67
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2018, 2:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido
FWIW I think that if Sunderland don't intend to use him as part of their first team plans then I think he will see out the season with us.

I agree, or at least hope so.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 67
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 23, 2018, 2:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,514
Gold Stars: 64
Why would he say his goodbye yesterday? My understanding is that his loan period ends after the Palace game in which case he will be playing v Mansfield on New Year’s Day.

Given his chat with Ross is tomorrow think he will get his chance to say farewell either then or after the Palace cup win!!

Like all fans hope he stays
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 67
Abdul19
December 23, 2018, 2:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from rancido

It'd be very strange if he didn't as he can't play for anyone else, can he?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 67
jamesgtfc
December 23, 2018, 3:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
I think elements of his performance yesterday mean he is more likely to stay with us. His seeking of retribution was a bit reckless and Sunderland will want that element of his game stamping out.

At this stage in his career he needs regular games and we are giving him that.  Our management team includes two highly qualified coaches and we are playing some good football. As a midfielder, the last thing Sunderland will want is for him to go to a club and get a sore neck as he watches the ball bypass the midfield.

Geography also works in our favour for a change. I think he will only go back if Sunderland intend on playing him every week and I don't think that is very likely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 67
Meza
December 23, 2018, 3:44pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.84
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,633
Gold Stars: 50
He only has 2 options.  Fight for a 1st place at Sunderland or gain valuable experience with us.  Personally I think it will be with us.

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 67
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2018, 4:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
The spirit in the squad feels really high at the moment just think what impact it would have if the club could announce Elliot is staying just before the Palace game?

He’s the kind of player other players look at usually around 2pm on a Saturday and think “if he’s playing today we have a chance. Players know who the best players in the team are!!

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 67
hheh2
December 23, 2018, 4:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
It's up to Ross he may well think his form atm would suit playing for Sunderland

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 67
SalsaE70
December 23, 2018, 5:29pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -90
Gold Stars: 1
Heard that Lincoln are looking at him as a perm signing in Jan....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 67
Croxton
December 23, 2018, 5:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from SalsaE70

Hi Danny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 67
SalsaE70
December 23, 2018, 5:43pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -90
Gold Stars: 1
Merry Christmas ....🎄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 67
HertsGTFC
December 23, 2018, 5:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
[quote=140421]Heard that Lincoln are looking at him as a perm signing in Jan....[/quote

FFS..... yeah them and a number of other “massive clubs”😉

Why would he sign for them when he’s set for stardom at a much higher level?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 67
Madeleymariner
December 23, 2018, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from SalsaE70

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 67
Northbank Mariner
December 23, 2018, 7:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,388
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from SalsaE70

Does that deal come with a free neck brace???
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 67
headingly_mariner
December 23, 2018, 7:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I think that they’ll fancy him for their matchday squad and he’ll sadly be off. We will have to do a fair bit of business come January I feel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 67
Cloudy
December 27, 2018, 8:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Anything been said about Embletons chat with Ross at Sunderland?
Not seen or heard any comments myself
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
buckstown
December 27, 2018, 8:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,123
Gold Stars: 77
There's a thread on their forum suggesting they're light in midfield. Couple of them think he's the answer and suggesting he might be recalled.
Apparently he's out of contract at the end of the season but not sure if that makes a difference to his (or Sunderlands) decision
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 67
Cloudy
December 27, 2018, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from buckstown
There's a thread on their forum suggesting they're light in midfield. Couple of them think he's the answer and suggesting he might be recalled.
Apparently he's out of contract at the end of the season but not sure if that makes a difference to his (or Sunderlands) decision

Thank you. I would hope that he gets a new deal at Sunderland then sent back to us for the rest of this season.
I suspect a decision has been made but not made public yet?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 67
Northbank Mariner
December 27, 2018, 8:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Do suspect a decision has been made but don't expect a statement until after the palace game, that way he and the team can concentrate on the upcoming games without upsetting the apple cart too much ..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
buckstown
December 27, 2018, 8:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,123
Gold Stars: 77
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Do suspect a decision has been made but don't expect a statement until after the palace game, that way he and the team can concentrate on the upcoming games without upsetting the apple cart too much ..

That might suggest he's off. If he was staying it would give the squad a boost surely?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
Tommy
December 27, 2018, 9:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from buckstown

That might suggest he's off. If he was staying it would give the squad a boost surely?

Have to admit, that was my thought (worry) too.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
Bigdog
December 27, 2018, 10:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Unfortunately I'd be highly but pleasantly surprised if he stays. With his contract up at the end of the season it would be in his best interests to fight for his place at Sunderland especially as they're looking a good bet to get promoted back to the Championship. Unless Ross offers him a new contract on the basis that he's looking at Embleton as a longer term prospect and he's ok with him toughening up in League Two for the rest of the season in readiness for next season, I can't see him staying. With the silence since Monday being deafening, I can't imagine any reason for not announcing him staying on until the end of the season unless the player himself is taking time to mull things over.

It will be a blow for the rest of the season if he doesn't stay, but let's be realistic, he's not going to be with us next season. With the points we have in the bag already it's highly unlikely that we'll get dragged into a relegation dogfight by losing one player, the squad's better than that, and if he leaves, it will give us the budget and opportunity to introduce a replacement in this window that could bed in and form part of hopefully a promotion chasing squad next season. Short term it would be a blow if he leaves, but maybe him staying could be slightly detrimental to our chances next season if he's holding back the development of a new permanent signing. If he leaves, I'll be disappointed he won't be in our team anymore because I enjoy watching him play, but I'll be looking forward to see who replaces him and how that player develops and can improve us. I guess I'm looking for a bit of a tenuous silver lining a bit here..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 67
chaos33
December 27, 2018, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,789
Gold Stars: 349
I don't know what to read into Jolley's comments on Boxing Day,  He said that Ross had spoken to Embleton and that he had spoken to Ross. Yet, there was 'no update'.

What did they all talk about? Winter fashion?

Would love to keep him but not hopeful.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
Northbank Mariner
December 27, 2018, 10:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog
Unfortunately I'd be highly but pleasantly surprised if he stays. With his contract up at the end of the season it would be in his best interests to fight for his place at Sunderland especially as they're looking a good bet to get promoted back to the Championship. Unless Ross offers him a new contract on the basis that he's looking at Embleton as a longer term prospect and he's ok with him toughening up in League Two for the rest of the season in readiness for next season, I can't see him staying. With the silence since Monday being deafening, I can't imagine any reason for not announcing him staying on until the end of the season unless the player himself is taking time to mull things over.

It will be a blow for the rest of the season if he doesn't stay, but let's be realistic, he's not going to be with us next season. With the points we have in the bag already it's highly unlikely that we'll get dragged into a relegation dogfight by losing one player, the squad's better than that, and if he leaves, it will give us the budget and opportunity to introduce a replacement in this window that could bed in and form part of hopefully a promotion chasing squad next season. Short term it would be a blow if he leaves, but maybe him staying could be slightly detrimental to our chances next season if he's holding back the development of a new permanent signing. If he leaves, I'll be disappointed he won't be in our team anymore because I enjoy watching him play, but I'll be looking forward to see who replaces him and how that player develops and can improve us. I guess I'm looking for a bit of a tenuous silver lining a bit here..

Good read BD..but I'll give you that silver lining, he's called Elliott Whitehouse
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
LH
December 27, 2018, 10:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
An optimist might speculate that he went up to Sunderland for Christmas Eve training so that he was guaranteed to be home for a decent amount of time over Christmas.

A pessimist would speculate that he’s far to good for us and that Sunderland are happy enough he could do a job for them in the league above which is probably a fair assessment.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 67
chaos33
December 27, 2018, 11:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,789
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Good read BD..but I'll give you that silver lining, he's called Elliott Whitehouse

A silver lining who probably wouldn't be available until March if all goes well.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 67
Northbank Mariner
December 27, 2018, 11:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

A silver lining who probably wouldn't be available until March if all goes well.

The crux of that statement was that, to me he's not holding up the development of another player by staying, we have a natural replacement for next season in Whitehouse, as for the rest of this season, if he goes back, I honestly believe we have enough in midfield that we'd soon overcome missing him..
Got to say though, he has been a joy to watch and I can only thank him for some outstanding performances and gracing our great club with his skills
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 67
grimsby pete
December 28, 2018, 12:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
I would think after going back to Sunderland and MJ saying there is nothing to report,

Tells me he will not be staying,

Sad but they had 46,000 at their boxing day game,

So I think he will go and fight for his place there.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 67
ska face
December 28, 2018, 12:43am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,370
Gold Stars: 824
Doesn’t matter if they had 100k at their home game, the decision isn’t up to him and their manager has already said he wants Embleton having played 40-odd first team games.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 67
davmariner
December 28, 2018, 2:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Read earlier in the Sunderland Echo (article from November) that along with a number of other young players there, Embleton has already been offered a new contract at Sunderland.

I don’t think we can read too much into ‘there’s nothing to report’. I gather that he can’t play for any other clubs this season and given Sunderland’s excellent form I don’t envisage that he’ll be going back there to play in their first team. The Sunderland manager has said that he wants to strengthen their squad, which in this day and age, likely entails buying in players rather than promoting a young player.

Embleton is good, but I don’t think he’s quite at the top of League 1 level yet.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 67
marinerrick
December 28, 2018, 6:17am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
I would of thought that after training with Sunderland on Monday, If he was part of Sunderlands plans he would have been asked not to play boxing day in case of injuries. Maybe I'm just looking for the optimistic view but if I was a manager with a player due to return and he was part of my match day squad plansi woukdnt want the risk of injury.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 67
December 28, 2018, 6:35am
Guest User
Or maybe the plot could thicken and he could sign for us??
Reply: 37 - 67
monkeyboy
December 28, 2018, 6:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
So if he cant hold a place down in a league 1 team what chance would he have going to Championship level next season? could be he is told he is surplus to requirements and no contract or a crap one offered.
Like people say he is a good player but is he championship good? i would imagine Sunderland will spen heavily to try and get back in the Prem.

Maybe he could sign for us as a building block and prove his self going up the leagues like a lot of others have, cant say his wages would be huge coming through youth level so we couldd maybe offer a Carrot.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 67
Gaffer58
December 28, 2018, 7:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Monkeyboy, I think it will take more than a carrot to entice him, he's not a reindeer you know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 67
monkeyboy
December 28, 2018, 7:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Gaffer58
Monkeyboy, I think it will take more than a carrot to entice him, he's not a reindeer you know.

Oh i thought thats what currency Fenty used - Carrots and Peanuts
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 67
ginnywings
December 28, 2018, 7:32am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Can't see why Sunderland would want him back at this time. He's been excellent, and has massive potential, but i don't think he is yet ready for a promotion chasing team at the top end of League 1.

The decision lies elsewhere, so delighted if he stays, but good luck to the lad if he returns to Sunderland.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 67
Alfie
December 28, 2018, 11:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Quoted from ska face
Doesn’t matter if they had 100k at their home game, the decision isn’t up to him and their manager has already said he wants Embleton having played 40-odd first team games.

Agree. Their new owner appointed Kevin Ball as Loans Manager as they want young lads playing games rather than sat doing nothing in U23s. They cited Pickford who had six loan moves before moving for £30m as an example of that in action.

If the rules were different, he would be away to lower half League One but he can’t so would be flabbergasted if he doesn’t stay.

Suspect announcement will be new contract with extension of loan here and we need to wait on that being signed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 67
GollyGTFC
December 28, 2018, 12:36pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
No one seems to have suggested that he might return to Sunderland when his loan expires (7th Jan or whenever?) and they will then spend the rest of January looking at him in training (and maybe give him some game time) and will decide on 31st January whether to keep him or send him back here (if we still want him by then).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 67
IlkleyMariner
December 28, 2018, 2:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from GollyGTFC
No one seems to have suggested that he might return to Sunderland when his loan expires (7th Jan or whenever?) and they will then spend the rest of January looking at him in training (and maybe give him some game time) and will decide on 31st January whether to keep him or send him back here (if we still want him by then).

That's certainly an option, plus wait to see how he gets on v Palace. If he plays well v Palace he would surely manage League 1
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 67
TheRealJohnLewis
December 28, 2018, 2:52pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I believe the boy's got more ability than Jon Nolan, and he's at Championship level.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 67
Garth
December 28, 2018, 3:55pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The spirit in the squad feels really high at the moment just think what impact it would have if the club could announce Elliot is staying just before the Palace game?

He’s the kind of player other players look at usually around 2pm on a Saturday and think “if he’s playing today we have a chance. Players know who the best players in the team are!!

Really! what a load of tosh, he`s good but lets not go over the top on him  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 67
Gaffer58
December 28, 2018, 3:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,035
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
I believe the boy's got more ability than Jon Nolan, and he's at Championship level.

But is he getting games now Hurst isn't the manager?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 67
grimsby pete
December 28, 2018, 3:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Gaffer58

Not a lot and Toto even less/

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 67
Cloudy
December 29, 2018, 9:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 67
dapperz fun pub
December 29, 2018, 9:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I’ve only seen Nolan on telly a couple of times but levels have caught him up imo
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 67
Alfie
December 29, 2018, 10:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +22 / -11
Approval: +159
Sounds like he needs to sign new contract before he is allowed to stay with us...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 67
pontoonlew
December 29, 2018, 10:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,723
Gold Stars: 163
Call me naive but I think he’ll stay. It makes absolute sense for him to do so and he appears to want to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 67
marinerrick
December 30, 2018, 7:03am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +52
Just seen a tweet from him that says had a good year roll on 2019 then a reply from pringle with #pleasestay and also asking what town are we. Could be postive sign he staying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 67
arryarryarry
December 30, 2018, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Quoted from Gaffer58

Nolan has started every game but one in December and in that one game came on as sub.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 67
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2018, 12:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerrick
Just seen a tweet from him that says had a good year roll on 2019 then a reply from pringle with #pleasestay and also asking what town are we. Could be postive sign he staying.

Yeah I saw that .....

https://twitter.com/elliot_embo/status/1079138923710988288?s=12

Pinning my hopes on the "go again" bit.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 67
Rodley Mariner
December 30, 2018, 12:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I saw that and thought it sounded quite promising.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 67
forza ivano
December 30, 2018, 12:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
And it does say 'go again at gtfc' which would tend to suggest he's staying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 67
Paris Mariner
December 30, 2018, 3:00pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
I don't know if Sunderland are still in the Cup but why would they let him play in the Cup if they are going to bring him back? Or send him elsewhere? Wouldn't make sense. I think he'll stay and I hope he does because from what I have seen of him he has been excellent.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 67
gtfcmd
December 30, 2018, 3:13pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
hopefully mr fenty and co can pull a rabbit out of the hat and make an offer for him they cant refuse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 67
gtfcmd
December 30, 2018, 3:17pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
hopefully mr fenty and co can pull a rabbit out of the hat and make an offer for him they cant refuse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
Civvy at last
December 30, 2018, 3:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,200
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from gtfcmd

Unfortunately I don’t think we will be in a position to make Sunderland an offer they can’t refuse for quite some time.
I think all parties will want the best for Embleton.  I would like to think that would involve returning to us. But I am slightly biased !

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
HertsGTFC
December 30, 2018, 4:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
It would be nice if we secured Embleton & Hendrie for the rest of the season and where able to announce it before the Palace game.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
AdamHaddock
December 30, 2018, 4:38pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
There's no reason for Sunderland to not let him stay for the rest of the season. Beyond that, the only way he'll be with us next season is if we are league 1.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
arryarryarry
December 30, 2018, 5:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
[td]
[/td]
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I don't know if Sunderland are still in the Cup but why would they let him play in the Cup if they are going to bring him back? Or send him elsewhere? Wouldn't make sense. I think he'll stay and I hope he does because from what I have seen of him he has been excellent.

Sunderland have been knocked out of the FA Cup
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
Son of Cod
December 30, 2018, 8:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,323
Gold Stars: 196
A few people on the Sunderland forum saying he's gonna stay with us...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/time-to-introduce-elliot-embleton.1456567/

...no idea if those are reliable posters or not mind.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
Tommy
December 30, 2018, 9:27pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Son of Cod

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/time-to-introduce-elliot-embleton.1456567/

Encouraging.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
Poojah
December 30, 2018, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,151
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from Son of Cod

Well, of the two posters who state with some confidence that he's staying here, one has almost 40,000 posts and a good reputation (according to forum stats), whilst the other is a moderator. As far as dubious statements posted on internet forums go, these look pretty robust.

Fingers crosed...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.