7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261

He is a good player, there are many players who have played for England junior levels and never gone on to great things. Make of it what you think, but he's been scouted for quite a while, Anderson has played League 1 and 2, Embleton has played what, less than 20  league games? He will end up here in January in my opinion, That's based on some hearsay and some factual information too.I have never seen him play, so I am not even sure he would get in our team.

Oh please, he's not played in League 1. He's started 4 games in League 1 in 4 seasons, featured in a further two off the bench. In total he's only started 11 games in L1. Christ, JJ Hooper has played five times as many games as that at that level.

Why would Sunderland loan him to a team in the same division where he's less likely to play? After all, all of your players are so fantastic there's no chance any of ours would get in your starting line up. Wouldn't suit your style either, he likes the ball to his feet not flying over his head.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
pen penfras
November 29, 2018, 4:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71

He is a good player, there are many players who have played for England junior levels and never gone on to great things. Make of it what you think, but he's been scouted for quite a while, Anderson has played League 1 and 2, Embleton has played what, less than 20  league games? He will end up here in January in my opinion, That's based on some hearsay and some factual information too.I have never seen him play, so I am not even sure he would get in our team.

That's exactly why I doubt he will go there. Why would Sunderland send a player out to another club at the same level to sit on the bench when he's starting every game for us? It doesn't make any sense for his development. My guess is that if he is enjoying it here, then he will stay. He certainly looked like he was enjoying it against Tranmere. If it's part of a deal to buy one of your players, then maybe. But two players of a similar age and at a similar level doesn't really make much sense to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
RoboCod
November 29, 2018, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

Great banter..

Maybe you should stop living in the past , embrace the future. Now, in this time, we have different aspirations and have moved on quite a bit from them days.People keep quoting the bandwagon, but we seem to be keeping these fans, don't we???

The few Imps fans I know are moaning like f**k about the way you're playing so no, drop out of the top 6 or worse and you'd lose a significant chunk. They are still just fans.
Also, as you're so superior in every way, why can't you get a half decent forum that you could join, possibly one that doesn't feature loads of these new 'bandwagoners' that you deny exist.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 5:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from mariner91

Oh please, he's not played in League 1. He's started 4 games in League 1 in 4 seasons, featured in a further two off the bench. In total he's only started 11 games in L1. Christ, JJ Hooper has played five times as many games as that at that level.

Why would Sunderland loan him to a team in the same division where he's less likely to play? After all, all of your players are so fantastic there's no chance any of ours would get in your starting line up. Wouldn't suit your style either, he likes the ball to his feet not flying over his head.

We don't play directly anymore, dear me. Whatever, anyway, I see your total football is doing really well. A 5-2 win, and your Barca.
I imagine the fact he is being scouted left, right and centre means he's gash. I imagine, his manager may want him playing in a side that has good players, fighting for promotion etc etc. But you know best so he's staying at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 5:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

The few Imps fans I know are moaning like f**k about the way you're playing so no, drop out of the top 6 or worse and you'd lose a significant chunk. They are still just fans.
Also, as you're so superior in every way, why can't you get a half decent forum that you could join, possibly one that doesn't feature loads of these new 'bandwagoners' that you deny exist.

I wondered how long it would take you to be on here replying. SO the 2 or 3 you know are moaning.. Ha. When we dropped out the top 6 last year we lost loads and loads didn't we. Where have I said we are superior?

And even in your most successful periods you never sold the season tickets we have, where have all your fans gone? Are they bandwagoners that only came when you were having it off in the championship??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Great banter..

Maybe you should stop living in the past , embrace the future. Now, in this time, we have different aspirations and have moved on quite a bit from them days.People keep quoting the bandwagon, but we seem to be keeping these fans, don't we???

Yeah that's true, these new fans have really stuck by you through the difficult periods you've experienced in the last couple of years. Living and working where I do, I know plenty of Lincoln "fans" who have started going in the past couple of years and, genuinely, I would be very surprised if more than 25% of them would keep going once you inevitably have a bad season.

That isn't to say that your fanbase hasn't grown, I would expect your average after this golden period will be slightly up on what it was during Keith Alexander's time which would be a very good average for L2 or a low/middle level for L1. Which is great for a city the size of Lincoln and clearly a massive increase over a short period of time given how the fans pretty much abandoned the club when it was at it's lowest ebb and only came back after a good FA Cup run.

I've said on here before that I'm extremely jealous of the way Lincoln are run, I would give almost anything to have Clive Nates in our boardroom instead of Fenty. Your board have capitalised on your football fortune as well as it is possible to do and have effectively followed the blue print which we should have done when we were promoted back to the FL. But no Lincoln fan can ever mock our attendances, particularly not one who only started posting on here once his team had started having some success...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 5:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Yeah that's true, these new fans have really stuck by you through the difficult periods you've experienced in the last couple of years. Living and working where I do, I know plenty of Lincoln "fans" who have started going in the past couple of years and, genuinely, I would be very surprised if more than 25% of them would keep going once you inevitably have a bad season.

That isn't to say that your fanbase hasn't grown, I would expect your average after this golden period will be slightly up on what it was during Keith Alexander's time which would be a very good average for L2 or a low/middle level for L1. Which is great for a city the size of Lincoln and clearly a massive increase over a short period of time given how the fans pretty much abandoned the club when it was at it's lowest ebb and only came back after a good FA Cup run.

I've said on here before that I'm extremely jealous of the way Lincoln are run, I would give almost anything to have Clive Nates in our boardroom instead of Fenty. Your board have capitalised on your football fortune as well as it is possible to do and have effectively followed the blue print which we should have done when we were promoted back to the FL. But no Lincoln fan can ever mock our attendances, particularly not one who only started posting on here once his team had started having some success...

I am not mocking your fan-base , its great for this level.
I was replying to your post. Yes Clive has changed things massively, but we can still go further I think. There were endless fans who couldn't get tickets as an example last week against Mansfield, I think we could have had 12/13k there with Stags fans too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker

We don't play directly anymore, dear me. Whatever, anyway, I see your total football is doing really well. A 5-2 win, and your Barca.
I imagine the fact he is being scouted left, right and centre means he's gash. I imagine, his manager may want him playing in a side that has good players, fighting for promotion etc etc. But you know best so he's staying at BP.

No you're right, all the posters on Vitals and people I speak to personally who are bemoaning the fact you've returned to long balls are all wrong and you're right.

I'm not saying Embleton is going to stay here, I have no contacts at any clubs. But I do know he's being given a starring role and excelling in a team that is trying to play the right way and is on a decent run of form. We're not Barca, far from it, but there are enough encouraging signs to suggest we can keep improving and Embleton could have a big role to play within that. His manager may well want him to go to a side challenging for promotion but when your team is as amazing as you're always telling us, surely there's no chance of him getting a game? I imagine most managers would rather their players play whilst out on loan rather than sit on the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
RoboCod
November 29, 2018, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

I wondered how long it would take you to be on here replying. SO the 2 or 3 you know are moaning.. Ha. When we dropped out the top 6 last year we lost loads and loads didn't we. Where have I said we are superior?

And even in your most successful periods you never sold the season tickets we have, where have all your fans gone? Are they bandwagoners that only came when you were having it off in the championship??

I wondered how long it would take you to be on here replying

I know, right! A Grimby fan, on a Grimsby forum! Pulling up a Lincoln fan with no board of his own, whose Fishy-joined date matches that of Lincoln finally putting a decent League 2 side out, not having joined before that, whose boastful posts are broken up only by pleads of 'where am I boasting'.

It's more than a more than 2 or 3 Einstein, even the local rag was running it, and St Cowley begging fans to stick with them through this patch of not very pretty, not very effective football. And not the first poor display by a long mark. You have, however, contrived to grab draws or even a win in a lot of your inept displays.

You're a Lincoln fan so I know you're new to all this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 68
promotion plaice
November 29, 2018, 5:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Looks like a thread on our dealings in the January window has become the Lincoln City show  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.