7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
November 28, 2018, 11:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Come January I want to see us tie Embleton down for the whole season, as well as a winger/striker and possibly a CB...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cloudy
November 28, 2018, 11:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
We have 4 centre backs so cant see us getting a new one, striker rumoured to be a 'done deal'.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
Nutsy
November 28, 2018, 11:09am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
I'd love us to sign someone like Danny Rowe if Fenty could cough up the money haha
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 68
marinerdazza
November 28, 2018, 11:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Cloudy
We have 4 centre backs so cant see us getting a new one, striker rumoured to be a 'done deal'.

Ooohhhh
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
Mallyner
November 28, 2018, 11:40am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
If we keep Embleton and play like we did for 60 minutes last night perhaps we can manage without another striker, except of course in case of injuries. However, if we play the long high ball like we did for the first 30, we perhaps need a big guy, who can win the high balls and lay them off. The times when Foxy in particular launched high balls during that period and the defenders won every one.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 68
1mickylyons
November 28, 2018, 12:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I was impressed with Cardwells cameo last night that goal at the weekend has definately lifted him he may well start to shine for us.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
Garth
November 28, 2018, 1:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mallyner
If we keep Embleton and play like we did for 60 minutes last night perhaps we can manage without another striker, except of course in case of injuries. However, if we play the long high ball like we did for the first 30, we perhaps need a big guy, who can win the high balls and lay them off. The times when Foxy in particular launched high balls during that period and the defenders won every one.

McNulty won everything in the air first half as he does,  especially when the wind tended to hang the ball up in the air making it easier for him,  MJ changed this as the half went on and he could not cope with Town playing it along the floor, Mellon saw this and changed him for a more mobile player second half, did it work?
5-2 says no
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
fiveallive
November 28, 2018, 2:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Having a fit Harry Cardwell is like having a new signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
Nelly GTFC
November 28, 2018, 2:53pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Nutsy
Come January I want to see us tie Embleton down for the whole season
Hoping Sunderland keep smashing it in League One, if they're still in the top two come the January transfer window, better our chances of keeping Embleton at Town maybe?

Still got Elliott Whitehouse to come back as well. I wonder how far he's off from a return.
[tweet]1067061995105595393[/tweet]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 68
Mariner Timsky
November 28, 2018, 3:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Feb maybe if all goes well?

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
Cloudy
November 28, 2018, 3:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

Still got Elliott Whitehouse to come back as well. I wonder how far he's off from a return.
[tweet]1067061995105595393[/tweet]

Highly unlikely he will be able to play 1st team football this season and if he does will be the last game or two at best.

Can't hurry these things -leave it until next season
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 68
November 28, 2018, 3:49pm
Guest User
Won't we be needing a left back?

A good striker is always welcome at any club, but with Thomas, Cardwell, Akheem and (cough) JJ
our need is not so critical. And we look capable of getting goals from midfield.

Someone who can deliver a good cross might be a better shout...but do they exist?
I watch plenty of Premiership players who seem incapable of beating the first defender when they
put the ball into the box.

So a quality left back who's a decent crosser would be top of my list. Wishful thinking, probably...
Reply: 11 - 68
Pogo
November 28, 2018, 4:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
We have a brilliant crosser of the ball in Ben Pringle, I thought we was class yesterday along with most of the team.. he’s got that bit of quality we need and I’d love to see him sign permenantly UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 68
Maringer
November 28, 2018, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
I think we have enough central defenders and it will be interesting to see if Collins is returned to the team straight away or not. I think Davis and Whitmore have shown they are generally good enough at this level when in form and it would be nice to see Famewo getting a game in his preferred position as well due to his extra athleticism.

If Fox does leave, we might perhaps sign a left-sided player capable of playing wing-back as well to give the option of three at the back? Not sure if Collins is really mobile enough any longer to play in a three, however.

Up front, we do have quite a lot of strikers, especially if Cook is considered as such (still doesn't look a striker to me). However, nothing wrong with having a lot of striking options available and, though generally playing quite well, Thomas and Vernam haven't exactly been prolific this season. None of the forward line is irreplaceable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 68
Stew0_0
November 28, 2018, 4:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,196
Gold Stars: 35
We NEED to tie down Hendrie and Embleton until the end of the season, as they are now KEY players for us.

Other than this a striker, a left back (Koiki?) and a winger please.

On departures expecting Fox to leave and would like us to move on Robles, Hooper and maybe extend Wrights loan at Boston until end of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 68
MuddyWaters
November 28, 2018, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
The extension of Embo's loan will be a great bit of business and, as others have said, the departures of those not in the matchday squad by others capable of starting is essential. We've got the nucleus of a decent side now and, with Whitmore & Davis in the side, pose a greater threat at set-pieces too.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 68
pen penfras
November 28, 2018, 7:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Nutsy
Come January I want to see us tie Embleton down for the whole season, as well as a winger/striker and possibly a CB...

Surely we need to offload players before we bring more in. If Embleton stays, he virtually has to play. Signing a winger as well means he gets pushed into the middle and one of Clifton or Hessenthaler loses a place they don't deserve to. Mitch Rose has also been very good this season and there's also John Welsh. It's way too many midfielders, and there's still Whitehouse to come back.

We're pretty meaty up front too. Thomas, Cardwell, Cook, Vernam and Rose have all scored goals this season and I think there's plenty of threat with these players, particularly Thomas who looks a very good player.

Oh and Hooper is also still about, although seems hard to envisage him breaking back into the side at the moment.

We do seem a little bit short at the back, probably because we seem to have had two or three injured or suspended pretty much since the season started. It'd be nice to keep Hendrie for the season, but I do think we've been caught out quite a lot when he bombs forward, we lose the ball and then get hit on the counter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 68
HertsGTFC
November 28, 2018, 7:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
On the basis of last night firstly I’d just completely  focus on retaining every player in the squad, minimise the disruption and grow the long term build & unity. Leave Max Wright out and everyone signed who wants to stay and remain “part of it” stays.

For cover though another CB, a FB who can play both sides and another wide player.

All that said we are a work in progress, MJ has a plan and we just need to trust in that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 68
moosey_club
November 28, 2018, 8:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Bearing in mind it has been hinted that Fox has had discussions about leaving then i take that as code for....."I'm off but i will give you the Jan window to replace me so i dont leave you in the lurch"

So i expect a full back....that Ali Koiki (?) fella from Burnley would do me fine if he was available but i think he has recently made the first team matchday squad so may be out of reach now.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 68
headingly_mariner
November 28, 2018, 9:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Left back, pacy winger and big physical centre forward for me. But must add quality, not cheap squad fodder.

I’d really like to see us sign Hendrie permanently
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 68
chaos33
November 28, 2018, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Cloudy

Highly unlikely he will be able to play 1st team football this season and if he does will be the last game or two at best.

Can't hurry these things -leave it until next season

When did he have his ACL op? Good recovery from this usually sees pro's return to playing in 6-9 months.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 68
Cloudy
November 28, 2018, 9:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

When did he have his ACL op? Good recovery from this usually sees pro's return to playing in 6-9 months.

9 months would take him to May. Could, in theory make the play off final!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 68
Ipswin
November 28, 2018, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

Is he re-signing for Lincoln?  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 68
chaos33
November 28, 2018, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from Cloudy

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 68
Grantley
November 28, 2018, 9:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from moosey_club
Bearing in mind it has been hinted that Fox has had discussions about leaving then i take that as code for....."I'm off but i will give you the Jan window to replace me so i dont leave you in the lurch"

So i expect a full back....that Ali Koiki (?) fella from Burnley would do me fine if he was available but i think he has recently made the first team matchday squad so may be out of reach now.  

He hasn’t?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 68
Abdul19
November 28, 2018, 10:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
He travelled with the squad to an away game but didn't make the bench.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 68
Tommy
November 28, 2018, 10:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I personally don't think we need any more defenders bringing in. We've got 4 centre-backs (Collins, Davis, Whitmore, Famewo), Hendrie and RHJ for right-back, and Fox at left-back where Famewo and Hendrie can cover. If the rumours of Fox possibly leaving are true then I'd look to bring in a quality left-back (particularly as we'll have lost Dixon and Fox off the wage bill), but other than that I'd stay as we are.

In midfield we are well set for central midfielders for any system - Hessenthaler, Clifton, M.Rose, Welsh, Embleton (who funnily/strangely enough all ended up on the pitch as a 5 when we finished the game last night).

With wingers we're a bit one-dimensional I think. Pringle, Woolford, Hooper all pretty one-paced. Pringle has obvious class on the ball and admittedly when Embleton (who I think is wasted out wide btw) or Vernam play out wide they give us some trickery. But as someone else suggested, we lack a pacey winger. The type that Hurst used to bring in during the January window and then never play.
However we're probably at capacity, numbers-wise already so it'd mean offloading someone first. You'd think Hooper would be the first candidate, despite him being involved in the majority of MJ's games in charge he's now not even in the matchday 18.

Strikers, again numbers wise we've got enough. And with A.Rose and Cardwell now having a chance to kick on with their development, it'd be a shame to see them pushed down the pecking order. So if someone is to come in it's got to be a big signing or at the expense of one of our existing strikers.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 68
November 29, 2018, 3:37am
Guest User
Quoted from Pogo
We have a brilliant crosser of the ball in Ben Pringle, I thought we was class yesterday along with most of the team.. he’s got that bit of quality we need and I’d love to see him sign permenantly UTM

Yep...and that's the point.

A player who can deliver a good ball into the danger area can transform a side from being frustrating to watch
into a dangerous attacking team. Having another one in the team won't hurt!
(And Pringle may get suspended/injured/return 'home'...)
Reply: 27 - 68
Davec
November 29, 2018, 9:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
If Fox leaves we would need another 2 left backs, if Fox stays another 1 ideally, I understand when people say Hendrie, Hall Johnson and Famewo can play in left back if needed but Hall Johnson seems abit injury prone to me so what if he's injured? Hendrie may not even be here past January, I assume he would be but always a chance he may not be so if he leaves that's another right back we need anyway! Centre mid we do seem to be well stocked in that area and I wouldn't mind seeing Welsh depart as I'm sure we could pick up somebody just as experienced but who has more legs but that's unlikely. I would like to see us sign a striker, somebody physical, Ryan Bowman perhaps? Robles can leave for me and I wouldn't be too upset to see Cook depart also, I would like Embleton here for the season if we can and sign a natural winger or 2, with Hooper and maybe Woolford to depart.

That is quite a bit of player ins and outs but if people still think a top 7 spot is still a small possibility then that is what is needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 68
Cloudy
November 29, 2018, 9:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Davec
If Fox leaves we would need another 2 left backs, if Fox stays another 1 ideally, I understand when people say Hendrie, Hall Johnson and Famewo can play in left back if needed but Hall Johnson seems abit injury prone to me so what if he's injured? Hendrie may not even be here past January, I assume he would be but always a chance he may not be so if he leaves that's another right back we need anyway! Centre mid we do seem to be well stocked in that area and I wouldn't mind seeing Welsh depart as I'm sure we could pick up somebody just as experienced but who has more legs but that's unlikely. I would like to see us sign a striker, somebody physical, Ryan Bowman perhaps? Robles can leave for me and I wouldn't be too upset to see Cook depart also, I would like Embleton here for the season if we can and sign a natural winger or 2, with Hooper and maybe Woolford to depart.

That is quite a bit of player ins and outs but if people still think a top 7 spot is still a small possibility then that is what is needed

Welsh is barely 6 months in to a 2 year deal and rumoured to be the highest paid player- cannot see him being paid off or anyone realistically wanting to pay him similar money. IMHO he isnt half as bad as some label him as shown with his dominant performance v Lincoln plus that 5th goal on Tuesday shows he has quality. He just needs to sit in the holding role position, win it and give it- he is more than capable of doing that when required

I sincerley hope the paying off of players contracts is a thing of the past. It has been a huge drain on our resources and our ability to fund the right signings
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 68
Codswede
November 29, 2018, 9:13am

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
Quoted from Pogo

Think we are missing a striker prepared to gamble on Pringle's crosses and win the header, the amount of times Pringle's crosses fly through the penalty area untouched is criminal... Thomas definitely prefers the ball into his feet.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 68
RoboCod
November 29, 2018, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Codswede

Thomas definitely prefers the ball into his feet hands.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 68
Mariner Timsky
November 29, 2018, 9:33am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Quoted from Cloudy

I think you mean the FA Cup Final

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 68
Son of Cod
November 29, 2018, 1:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
I've always rated Sam Habergham at LB. Not necessarily a particularly marauding option who is gonna be whipping crosses in all the time, but solid and steady. Not too dissimilar to Gregor Robertson. Has fallen out of favour at Lincoln. I can't imagine they'd let him go in this window coming up as they'd want him if anything happened to Toffolo, however if they go up he could be a decent signing in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 68
Cloudy
November 29, 2018, 1:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod
I've always rated Sam Habergham at LB. Not necessarily a particularly marauding option who is gonna be whipping crosses in all the time, but solid and steady. Not too dissimilar to Gregor Robertson. Has fallen out of favour at Lincoln. I can't imagine they'd let him go in this window coming up as they'd want him if anything happened to Toffolo, however if they go up he could be a decent signing in the summer.

Toffolo getting pelters on their site for not being able to defend- still he is only on a high wage for 3 years!
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 68
Son of Cod
November 29, 2018, 1:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Cloudy

Toffolo getting pelters on their site for not being able to defend- still he is only on a high wage for 3 years!

Ah really? I thought they all loved him. Maybe Habergham will get a chance again in that case. Much like we're getting a bit confident after a few good performances I imagine being down to 2nd is the beginning of the end for some over on Vital!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 68
Mariner_09
November 29, 2018, 2:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Son of Cod

I suggested we make a cheeky bid for him when Andrew left. He always impressed me when he played against us for Braintree. Think he's a solid option at this level.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 3:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Toofolo gets stick off what a few divs on Vitals, he is a firm favourite at Lincoln and a very good player.

As for Sam hes been injured for a year - Some kind of bone disorder, wheer the patella rubs against the femur I think. Shame for Sam because great player, and free kick taker. But I would be worried about his long term ability to play football after this injury which seems a pretty bad one.

Embleton to Lincoln in Jan as part of Harry Anderson going to Sunderland - Heard it here first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 3:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

Not being able to defend in the third best defensive record in the league and best goals scored in the league...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 3:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

Ah really? I thought they all loved him. Maybe Habergham will get a chance again in that case. Much like we're getting a bit confident after a few good performances I imagine being down to 2nd is the beginning of the end for some over on Vital!

It is for the ones that have only been going since 2016!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 68
Cloudy
November 29, 2018, 3:38pm
Whiskey Drinker

Not being able to defend in the third best defensive record in the league and best goals scored in the league...

Just repeating what YOUR fans are posting. Surprised you only have the 3rd best defensive record tbh, thought you would be better than that
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Left back, pacy winger and big physical centre forward for me. But must add quality, not cheap squad fodder.

I’d really like to see us sign Hendrie permanently

Agree wholeheartedly. Not quite Townsend or Danny Andrew quality but a very capable player at this level.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 3:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Toofolo gets stick off what a few divs on Vitals, he is a firm favourite at Lincoln and a very good player.

As for Sam hes been injured for a year - Some kind of bone disorder, wheer the patella rubs against the femur I think. Shame for Sam because great player, and free kick taker. But I would be worried about his long term ability to play football after this injury which seems a pretty bad one.

Embleton to Lincoln in Jan as part of Harry Anderson going to Sunderland - Heard it here first.

Harry Anderson isn't even a player I'd be particularly fussed about signing in L2, let alone top end of L1. He's only 2 years older than Embleton but not a patch on him in terms of quality, I'd be shocked if Sunderland are even remotely interested. Most of the posters on Vitals are saying he should be benched!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 3:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker

It is for the ones that have only been going since 2016!

Most of your fans then...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 3:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Harry Anderson isn't even a player I'd be particularly fussed about signing in L2, let alone top end of L1. He's only 2 years older than Embleton but not a patch on him in terms of quality, I'd be shocked if Sunderland are even remotely interested. Most of the posters on Vitals are saying he should be benched!

Probably why your a fan and not a manager...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/.....y-canaries-1-5766697

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 3:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Most of your fans then...

Where have all yours gone from when you had some success then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Probably why your a fan and not a manager...

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/.....y-canaries-1-5766697

Well it must be true if it was reported by the Sunday People! Owned by the same company who once reported this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/grimsby-striker-liam-hearn-being-1675162

Embleton is very highly rated by Sunderland and has become an integral player in the England youth set up. Anderson has never been close to reaching those heights, never even made the England youth squads let alone regularly starting and scoring for them. If Embleton isn't good enough yet to regularly play for Sunderland, there isn't a chance that Anderson is.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 4:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Where have all yours gone from when you had some success then?

Come back and have this conversation when we bring less than 500 to Sincil Bank on a bank holiday.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 4:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Well it must be true if it was reported by the Sunday People! Owned by the same company who once reported this: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/grimsby-striker-liam-hearn-being-1675162

Embleton is very highly rated by Sunderland and has become an integral player in the England youth set up. Anderson has never been close to reaching those heights, never even made the England youth squads let alone regularly starting and scoring for them. If Embleton isn't good enough yet to regularly play for Sunderland, there isn't a chance that Anderson is.

He is a good player, there are many players who have played for England junior levels and never gone on to great things. Make of it what you think, but he's been scouted for quite a while, Anderson has played League 1 and 2, Embleton has played what, less than 20  league games? He will end up here in January in my opinion, That's based on some hearsay and some factual information too.I have never seen him play, so I am not even sure he would get in our team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 4:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Come back and have this conversation when we bring less than 500 to Sincil Bank on a bank holiday.

Great banter..

Maybe you should stop living in the past , embrace the future. Now, in this time, we have different aspirations and have moved on quite a bit from them days.People keep quoting the bandwagon, but we seem to be keeping these fans, don't we???

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 4:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker

He is a good player, there are many players who have played for England junior levels and never gone on to great things. Make of it what you think, but he's been scouted for quite a while, Anderson has played League 1 and 2, Embleton has played what, less than 20  league games? He will end up here in January in my opinion, That's based on some hearsay and some factual information too.I have never seen him play, so I am not even sure he would get in our team.

Oh please, he's not played in League 1. He's started 4 games in League 1 in 4 seasons, featured in a further two off the bench. In total he's only started 11 games in L1. Christ, JJ Hooper has played five times as many games as that at that level.

Why would Sunderland loan him to a team in the same division where he's less likely to play? After all, all of your players are so fantastic there's no chance any of ours would get in your starting line up. Wouldn't suit your style either, he likes the ball to his feet not flying over his head.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 68
pen penfras
November 29, 2018, 4:56pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71

That's exactly why I doubt he will go there. Why would Sunderland send a player out to another club at the same level to sit on the bench when he's starting every game for us? It doesn't make any sense for his development. My guess is that if he is enjoying it here, then he will stay. He certainly looked like he was enjoying it against Tranmere. If it's part of a deal to buy one of your players, then maybe. But two players of a similar age and at a similar level doesn't really make much sense to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 68
RoboCod
November 29, 2018, 4:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Great banter..

Maybe you should stop living in the past , embrace the future. Now, in this time, we have different aspirations and have moved on quite a bit from them days.People keep quoting the bandwagon, but we seem to be keeping these fans, don't we???

The few Imps fans I know are moaning like f**k about the way you're playing so no, drop out of the top 6 or worse and you'd lose a significant chunk. They are still just fans.
Also, as you're so superior in every way, why can't you get a half decent forum that you could join, possibly one that doesn't feature loads of these new 'bandwagoners' that you deny exist.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 5:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Oh please, he's not played in League 1. He's started 4 games in League 1 in 4 seasons, featured in a further two off the bench. In total he's only started 11 games in L1. Christ, JJ Hooper has played five times as many games as that at that level.

Why would Sunderland loan him to a team in the same division where he's less likely to play? After all, all of your players are so fantastic there's no chance any of ours would get in your starting line up. Wouldn't suit your style either, he likes the ball to his feet not flying over his head.

We don't play directly anymore, dear me. Whatever, anyway, I see your total football is doing really well. A 5-2 win, and your Barca.
I imagine the fact he is being scouted left, right and centre means he's gash. I imagine, his manager may want him playing in a side that has good players, fighting for promotion etc etc. But you know best so he's staying at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 5:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod

The few Imps fans I know are moaning like f**k about the way you're playing so no, drop out of the top 6 or worse and you'd lose a significant chunk. They are still just fans.
Also, as you're so superior in every way, why can't you get a half decent forum that you could join, possibly one that doesn't feature loads of these new 'bandwagoners' that you deny exist.

I wondered how long it would take you to be on here replying. SO the 2 or 3 you know are moaning.. Ha. When we dropped out the top 6 last year we lost loads and loads didn't we. Where have I said we are superior?

And even in your most successful periods you never sold the season tickets we have, where have all your fans gone? Are they bandwagoners that only came when you were having it off in the championship??

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 5:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Great banter..

Yeah that's true, these new fans have really stuck by you through the difficult periods you've experienced in the last couple of years. Living and working where I do, I know plenty of Lincoln "fans" who have started going in the past couple of years and, genuinely, I would be very surprised if more than 25% of them would keep going once you inevitably have a bad season.

That isn't to say that your fanbase hasn't grown, I would expect your average after this golden period will be slightly up on what it was during Keith Alexander's time which would be a very good average for L2 or a low/middle level for L1. Which is great for a city the size of Lincoln and clearly a massive increase over a short period of time given how the fans pretty much abandoned the club when it was at it's lowest ebb and only came back after a good FA Cup run.

I've said on here before that I'm extremely jealous of the way Lincoln are run, I would give almost anything to have Clive Nates in our boardroom instead of Fenty. Your board have capitalised on your football fortune as well as it is possible to do and have effectively followed the blue print which we should have done when we were promoted back to the FL. But no Lincoln fan can ever mock our attendances, particularly not one who only started posting on here once his team had started having some success...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 68
nealeardleyscrossing
November 29, 2018, 5:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Yeah that's true, these new fans have really stuck by you through the difficult periods you've experienced in the last couple of years. Living and working where I do, I know plenty of Lincoln "fans" who have started going in the past couple of years and, genuinely, I would be very surprised if more than 25% of them would keep going once you inevitably have a bad season.

That isn't to say that your fanbase hasn't grown, I would expect your average after this golden period will be slightly up on what it was during Keith Alexander's time which would be a very good average for L2 or a low/middle level for L1. Which is great for a city the size of Lincoln and clearly a massive increase over a short period of time given how the fans pretty much abandoned the club when it was at it's lowest ebb and only came back after a good FA Cup run.

I've said on here before that I'm extremely jealous of the way Lincoln are run, I would give almost anything to have Clive Nates in our boardroom instead of Fenty. Your board have capitalised on your football fortune as well as it is possible to do and have effectively followed the blue print which we should have done when we were promoted back to the FL. But no Lincoln fan can ever mock our attendances, particularly not one who only started posting on here once his team had started having some success...

I am not mocking your fan-base , its great for this level.
I was replying to your post. Yes Clive has changed things massively, but we can still go further I think. There were endless fans who couldn't get tickets as an example last week against Mansfield, I think we could have had 12/13k there with Stags fans too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 68
mariner91
November 29, 2018, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker

We don't play directly anymore, dear me. Whatever, anyway, I see your total football is doing really well. A 5-2 win, and your Barca.
I imagine the fact he is being scouted left, right and centre means he's gash. I imagine, his manager may want him playing in a side that has good players, fighting for promotion etc etc. But you know best so he's staying at BP.

No you're right, all the posters on Vitals and people I speak to personally who are bemoaning the fact you've returned to long balls are all wrong and you're right.

I'm not saying Embleton is going to stay here, I have no contacts at any clubs. But I do know he's being given a starring role and excelling in a team that is trying to play the right way and is on a decent run of form. We're not Barca, far from it, but there are enough encouraging signs to suggest we can keep improving and Embleton could have a big role to play within that. His manager may well want him to go to a side challenging for promotion but when your team is as amazing as you're always telling us, surely there's no chance of him getting a game? I imagine most managers would rather their players play whilst out on loan rather than sit on the bench.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 68
RoboCod
November 29, 2018, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I wondered how long it would take you to be on here replying. SO the 2 or 3 you know are moaning.. Ha. When we dropped out the top 6 last year we lost loads and loads didn't we. Where have I said we are superior?

And even in your most successful periods you never sold the season tickets we have, where have all your fans gone? Are they bandwagoners that only came when you were having it off in the championship??

I wondered how long it would take you to be on here replying

I know, right! A Grimby fan, on a Grimsby forum! Pulling up a Lincoln fan with no board of his own, whose Fishy-joined date matches that of Lincoln finally putting a decent League 2 side out, not having joined before that, whose boastful posts are broken up only by pleads of 'where am I boasting'.

It's more than a more than 2 or 3 Einstein, even the local rag was running it, and St Cowley begging fans to stick with them through this patch of not very pretty, not very effective football. And not the first poor display by a long mark. You have, however, contrived to grab draws or even a win in a lot of your inept displays.

You're a Lincoln fan so I know you're new to all this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 68
promotion plaice
November 29, 2018, 5:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Looks like a thread on our dealings in the January window has become the Lincoln City show  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 68
grimsby pete
November 29, 2018, 6:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from promotion plaice

Looks like a thread on our dealings in the January window has become the Lincoln City show  

There is one that is a fact PP nealeardleycrossing or whatever his name is knows as much as me what will happen to Elliott in January

AND

I know fook all.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
Tommy
November 30, 2018, 9:31am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
You've only got to mention "Lincoln" on this forum and up pops nealeardleyscrossing. Reminds me of the movie Beetlejuice.

Literally 2 hours from the mention of Lincoln and a couple of their players, to the Imp appearing on here to correct us all and tell us how good they are.

How often do you check this forum for mentions of Lincoln? And why bother, do you check every League Two club's forum and feel the need to give your inside story on every flippant comment made about your club?

Really does seem strange and baffling behaviour to me.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
grimsby pete
November 30, 2018, 7:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Tommy
You've only got to mention "Lincoln" on this forum and up pops nealeardleyscrossing. Reminds me of the movie Beetlejuice.

Literally 2 hours from the mention of Lincoln and a couple of their players, to the Imp appearing on here to correct us all and tell us how good they are.

How often do you check this forum for mentions of Lincoln? And why bother, do you check every League Two club's forum and feel the need to give your inside story on every flippant comment made about your club?

Really does seem strange and baffling behaviour to me.

Well said Tommy

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 68
December 1, 2018, 6:10pm
Guest User
No disrespect but Neal Eardleys Crossing needs to leave this forum!! Getting off on winding up the GTFC Fans with his dropping of how Lincoln are the New Chelsea!!

Please, do F!xk off!! Stick to watching hoof ball at Simply male masturbation!
Reply: 63 - 68
December 1, 2018, 6:13pm
Guest User
No disrespect but Neal Eardleys Crossing needs to leave this forum!! Getting off on winding up the GTFC Fans with his dripping of how Lincoln are the New Chelsea!!

Please, do F!xk off!! Stick to watching hoof ball at Simple W and
Reply: 64 - 68
December 1, 2018, 6:14pm
Guest User
No disrespect but Neal Eardleys Crossing needs to leave this forum!! Getting off on winding up the GTFC Fans with his dripping of how Lincoln are the New Chelsea!!

Please, do F!xk off!! Stick to watching hoof ball at Simple W anK
Reply: 65 - 68
moosey_club
December 1, 2018, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
i know a decent speech therapist who could cure that stutter  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
KingstonMariner
December 1, 2018, 11:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club
i know a decent speech therapist who could cure that stutter  

And a shrink to help him manage the Tourettes.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
H19P1
December 2, 2018, 11:33am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Is Hooper on his way out?

I hear to Solihull?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.