chaos33
November 28, 2018, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Cloudy

Highly unlikely he will be able to play 1st team football this season and if he does will be the last game or two at best.

Can't hurry these things -leave it until next season

When did he have his ACL op? Good recovery from this usually sees pro's return to playing in 6-9 months.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 68
Cloudy
November 28, 2018, 9:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from chaos33

When did he have his ACL op? Good recovery from this usually sees pro's return to playing in 6-9 months.

9 months would take him to May. Could, in theory make the play off final!
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 68
Ipswin
November 28, 2018, 9:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

Is he re-signing for Lincoln?  

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 68
chaos33
November 28, 2018, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Cloudy

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 68
Grantley
November 28, 2018, 9:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from moosey_club
Bearing in mind it has been hinted that Fox has had discussions about leaving then i take that as code for....."I'm off but i will give you the Jan window to replace me so i dont leave you in the lurch"

So i expect a full back....that Ali Koiki (?) fella from Burnley would do me fine if he was available but i think he has recently made the first team matchday squad so may be out of reach now.  

He hasn’t?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 68
Abdul19
November 28, 2018, 10:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
He travelled with the squad to an away game but didn't make the bench.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 68
Tommy
November 28, 2018, 10:50pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I personally don't think we need any more defenders bringing in. We've got 4 centre-backs (Collins, Davis, Whitmore, Famewo), Hendrie and RHJ for right-back, and Fox at left-back where Famewo and Hendrie can cover. If the rumours of Fox possibly leaving are true then I'd look to bring in a quality left-back (particularly as we'll have lost Dixon and Fox off the wage bill), but other than that I'd stay as we are.

In midfield we are well set for central midfielders for any system - Hessenthaler, Clifton, M.Rose, Welsh, Embleton (who funnily/strangely enough all ended up on the pitch as a 5 when we finished the game last night).

With wingers we're a bit one-dimensional I think. Pringle, Woolford, Hooper all pretty one-paced. Pringle has obvious class on the ball and admittedly when Embleton (who I think is wasted out wide btw) or Vernam play out wide they give us some trickery. But as someone else suggested, we lack a pacey winger. The type that Hurst used to bring in during the January window and then never play.
However we're probably at capacity, numbers-wise already so it'd mean offloading someone first. You'd think Hooper would be the first candidate, despite him being involved in the majority of MJ's games in charge he's now not even in the matchday 18.

Strikers, again numbers wise we've got enough. And with A.Rose and Cardwell now having a chance to kick on with their development, it'd be a shame to see them pushed down the pecking order. So if someone is to come in it's got to be a big signing or at the expense of one of our existing strikers.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 68
November 29, 2018, 3:37am
Guest User
Quoted from Pogo
We have a brilliant crosser of the ball in Ben Pringle, I thought we was class yesterday along with most of the team.. he’s got that bit of quality we need and I’d love to see him sign permenantly UTM

Yep...and that's the point.

A player who can deliver a good ball into the danger area can transform a side from being frustrating to watch
into a dangerous attacking team. Having another one in the team won't hurt!
(And Pringle may get suspended/injured/return 'home'...)
Reply: 27 - 68
Davec
November 29, 2018, 9:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
If Fox leaves we would need another 2 left backs, if Fox stays another 1 ideally, I understand when people say Hendrie, Hall Johnson and Famewo can play in left back if needed but Hall Johnson seems abit injury prone to me so what if he's injured? Hendrie may not even be here past January, I assume he would be but always a chance he may not be so if he leaves that's another right back we need anyway! Centre mid we do seem to be well stocked in that area and I wouldn't mind seeing Welsh depart as I'm sure we could pick up somebody just as experienced but who has more legs but that's unlikely. I would like to see us sign a striker, somebody physical, Ryan Bowman perhaps? Robles can leave for me and I wouldn't be too upset to see Cook depart also, I would like Embleton here for the season if we can and sign a natural winger or 2, with Hooper and maybe Woolford to depart.

That is quite a bit of player ins and outs but if people still think a top 7 spot is still a small possibility then that is what is needed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 68
Cloudy
November 29, 2018, 9:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Davec
If Fox leaves we would need another 2 left backs, if Fox stays another 1 ideally, I understand when people say Hendrie, Hall Johnson and Famewo can play in left back if needed but Hall Johnson seems abit injury prone to me so what if he's injured? Hendrie may not even be here past January, I assume he would be but always a chance he may not be so if he leaves that's another right back we need anyway! Centre mid we do seem to be well stocked in that area and I wouldn't mind seeing Welsh depart as I'm sure we could pick up somebody just as experienced but who has more legs but that's unlikely. I would like to see us sign a striker, somebody physical, Ryan Bowman perhaps? Robles can leave for me and I wouldn't be too upset to see Cook depart also, I would like Embleton here for the season if we can and sign a natural winger or 2, with Hooper and maybe Woolford to depart.

That is quite a bit of player ins and outs but if people still think a top 7 spot is still a small possibility then that is what is needed

Welsh is barely 6 months in to a 2 year deal and rumoured to be the highest paid player- cannot see him being paid off or anyone realistically wanting to pay him similar money. IMHO he isnt half as bad as some label him as shown with his dominant performance v Lincoln plus that 5th goal on Tuesday shows he has quality. He just needs to sit in the holding role position, win it and give it- he is more than capable of doing that when required

I sincerley hope the paying off of players contracts is a thing of the past. It has been a huge drain on our resources and our ability to fund the right signings
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.