KingstonMariner
November 23, 2018, 10:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Hameln Mariner
Not sure about this "link". I went to Aalst about 10 years ago when the friendship was fairly new. I suspect that I was possibly even the first town fan that went to see them play at home. They are a lively bunch and do enjoy a beer or two (who wouldn't in Belgium?). As for being right wing, I'm as far from that as possible and the lads I spent time with certainly were not either. If things have moved on and something has developed then I'll admit to being behind the curve but I think something is being made out of nothing here.

See my comments about German hooligans in Cleethorpes. I never mentioned Aalst.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 63
ska face
November 27, 2018, 8:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,655
Gold Stars: 847
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-46348507

I wonder if SYP will be a bit more accommodating for anyone passing through on Sunday now they know they’re not above the law themselves?
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 63
Hameln Mariner
November 27, 2018, 9:39am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +134
Quoted from KingstonMariner

See my comments about German hooligans in Cleethorpes. I never mentioned Aalst.

I get it that you didn't mention Aalst and hopefully between Dapperz and myself we've put that one to bed about any Town fans going along for anything other than a good day out with some other lower level football supporters who just happen to be from Belgium.

If you want to meet some (very) left wing football supporters all you need to do is get over to Hamburg and go to a St Pauli match.  It doesn't get much more left of arc at a football match than at the Millentor.  My German team, Werder Bremen has a long standing leaning to the left of the political spectrum but mainly due to it being a historical thing and also because Hamburg SV (our local rivals until they finally got themselves relegated) are traditionally a right wing club so it's a case of whatever they are we're not. A lot of Italian ultra's have always latched onto the right wing/left wing thing too but that is a whole different ball game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 63
GYinScuntland
November 27, 2018, 11:09am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Hameln Mariner

I get it that you didn't mention Aalst and hopefully between Dapperz and myself we've put that one to bed about any Town fans going along for anything other than a good day out with some other lower level football supporters who just happen to be from Belgium.

If you want to meet some (very) left wing football supporters all you need to do is get over to Hamburg and go to a St Pauli match.  It doesn't get much more left of arc at a football match than at the Millentor.  My German team, Werder Bremen has a long standing leaning to the left of the political spectrum but mainly due to it being a historical thing and also because Hamburg SV (our local rivals until they finally got themselves relegated) are traditionally a right wing club so it's a case of whatever they are we're not. A lot of Italian ultra's have always latched onto the right wing/left wing thing too but that is a whole different ball game.

Nur Der HSV
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Football Banning Orders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.