9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
October 21, 2018, 9:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
I did think it was quiet on here last night after a decent performance, given how you can barely get a word in edgeways when we’ve lost.

Glad it’s picked up now we’ve got someone to pick on though
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 83
Grantley
October 21, 2018, 10:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from ska face
I did think it was quiet on here last night after a decent performance, given how you can barely get a word in edgeways when we’ve lost.

Yep. 3 new threads since yesterday’s match, one of them being the Colchester match predictions. Wonder what that tells you?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 83
Gaffer58
October 21, 2018, 10:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
When things are going ok on the pitch even Mr Fenty gets an easy ride on here, just think if we were to be top 3 and challenging for promotion, people would be carrying him around on their shoulders and singing "there's only one non chairman"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 83
LH
October 21, 2018, 10:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,505
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Grantley

Yep. 3 new threads since yesterday’s match, one of them being the Colchester predictions match. Wonder what that tells you?

There is one poster who is a prolific thread starter when we lose - usually blaming the board for playing excrement. No surprise that he’s one of those scapegoating.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 83
lew chaterleys lover
October 21, 2018, 10:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ska face

I like moaning myself. Good for the soul.

If I am not moaning too much then things aren't too bad. What's wrong with that?

We don't do enough moaning in my opinion. After 17 years of complete failure, our collective moaning has been very subdued. I don't think you can expect the forum to have page after page of positive comment following a 0-0 home draw.  
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 83
Grantley
October 21, 2018, 11:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
The difference between when we win and lose is staggering though. Some people have been noticeably quieter since we’ve started picking up points again. I assume they’ll be back after the next bad performance.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 83
MuddyWaters
October 22, 2018, 7:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,236
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from LH

There is one poster who is a prolific thread starter when we lose - usually blaming the board for playing excrement. No surprise that he’s one of those scapegoating.

Well I bet the board would play excrement - they're all a bit old. It's a bit sad if no-one is allowed to have an opinion that is vaguely critical - I firmly believe we had at least two better options than JJ on the bench (Cook & Pringle).
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 83
golfer
October 22, 2018, 7:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from LH

Only one ?  Definitely 2-3 who's ears will be burning [ or will they be smirking ? ]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 83
ska face
October 22, 2018, 8:11am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847

I like moaning myself. Good for the soul.

If I am not moaning too much then things aren't too bad. What's wrong with that?

We don't do enough moaning in my opinion. After 17 years of complete failure, our collective moaning has been very subdued. I don't think you can expect the forum to have page after page of positive comment following a 0-0 home draw.  

Maybe it’s about balance then? If people can’t celebrate a decent result with the same vigour as tearing into a bad one, then maybe each situation needs a level of understanding and nuance? Especially given what people are advocating every time we have a bad run, in sacking the manager and all the staff, and starting again from scratch. Do we need an inquest and a hanging after every loss? Maybe after 6 on the bounce or whatever, but this has been going on for years every time there’s a duff performance.  

This 17 years of abject failure can quite easily be laid at the door of one bloke, but he’s not the one copping for it when the team gets booed off at half time or when JJ Hooper misses a header.

Private Message
Reply: 68 - 83
oochiad
October 22, 2018, 8:15am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Approval: +3,717
Gold Stars: 28
All that sacking Jolley nonsense a few weeks back was embarrassing to say the least..............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 83
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.