9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
October 20, 2018, 5:41pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Think we have the makings of a half decent side there now. We were the better team in the first half, without threatening their keeper too often. The Vernon shot that hit the post was our only real chance created, and they put one just past the post. Second half, they were the better side as i thought they would be, but i think their better was a bit better then our better, if you see what i mean.

They looked a tad more fluid and threatening when on top than we did in the first half, which considering their league position, was not surprising. A combination of McKeown and the wood work kept them at bay, but they pushed us back and made us stretched, which forced us to hit the ball long a lot more than the first half. Our defence looks a lot more balanced now, with proper full backs. Hendrie impresses me more with time and i thought he was our best player.

We look much better than we did earlier in the season, and didn't look second best to a side at the top end of the league. Think we will be fine this season, but need one or two more signings in Jan to progress more as a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
MuddyWaters
October 20, 2018, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Fair result. Mitch Rose outstanding but would just give MoM to Alex Whitmore who played Stockley really well. For the life of me I can't work how Vernam gets subbed and Hooper stays on.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 83
Hagrid
October 20, 2018, 5:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Because vernam fades. He just seems to run out of steam. Hooper is there for his defending also.   Good point against a good side
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 83
October 20, 2018, 5:49pm
Guest User
I really enjoyed the game some really good football. Two good teams. The best ref so far this season.
I think all Town players did well but Mitch Rose was awesome.
Reply: 3 - 83
promotion plaice
October 20, 2018, 6:01pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

Great confidence boosting performance by Town but if I had to nitpick.....we need to get more streetwise....when their player recklessly took our player out (forget who it was) and got a yellow...... our player got straight up and possibly saved him from getting a red.
Little things change games and the likes of Lincoln would certainly have been rolling around and surrounding the ref asking for a red.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 83
oldun
October 20, 2018, 6:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Agree Mitch is joy to watch at times. Harry Clifton also did well but looked tired 75mins on. Thought Hess might have come on in his place. Collins  and Whitmore were excellent against a potent strike force.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 83
chaos33
October 20, 2018, 6:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Good point against a good team and a lot of credit to several individuals as well as the whole team and management. Much more like it and well done.
Gives us a little bit of momentum and that's massive in football. Home game Tuesday night and our players should feel confident.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 83
LondonMariner43
October 20, 2018, 6:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
If this team can get in the groove, then Jolley’s 2 and 3 year contracts could be really valuable.  Get the core of this young squad in the side next season, some promise in the youth team and it might just be the start of an era.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 83
headingly_mariner
October 20, 2018, 6:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Good performance, just lacking the quality to really hurt them. It was a genuinely enjoyable experience as was the last home game.

Our subs didn’t really work for us today and I felt Vernam was looking the most likely to create something.

Looking forward to Tuesday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 83
jamesgtfc
October 20, 2018, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Good performance, just lacking the quality to really hurt them. It was a genuinely enjoyable experience as was the last home game.

Our subs didn’t really work for us today and I felt Vernam was looking the most likely to create something.

Looking forward to Tuesday

I thought our subs were safe options today, which given the fact Exeter were looking the better team was the best thing to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 83
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.