15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
dicko995
August 9, 2018, 2:06pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
doesn't look like there will be any new additions today according to MJ. There is still time for loan deals over the next 3 weeks he reports.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 142
Grim74
August 9, 2018, 2:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from fiveallive
No I'm saying I believe it, there only striker I could think of was Ndlovu.

6 goals in 38 games.... no thanks.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 142
GrimRob
August 9, 2018, 2:18pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from dicko995
doesn't look like there will be any new additions today according to MJ. There is still time for loan deals over the next 3 weeks he reports.

We need new players NOW though. Obviously, they need to be the right players and not panic buying, but it'll be a big disappointment if we don't get someone even if it is Brackley's third choice striker  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 142
golfer
August 9, 2018, 2:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Father Christmas
Brackley striker joining us

I quite liked him when I saw him playing for Boston
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 142
pizzzza
August 9, 2018, 2:30pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Been told that there is nothing in the Sam Jones rumour.
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 142
fiveallive
August 9, 2018, 2:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I'm surprised that Ali Koiki hasn't signed unless he dosen't want to come here on loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 142
dicko995
August 9, 2018, 2:40pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Was hoping of a decent signing today for a pick-me-up after the weekends debacle, but pleased weve not signed a panic buy just for the sake of it. Perhaps a loanee in the near future will atone for today,but theres still 2 hours plus to go, we never know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 142
BackHeelTony
August 9, 2018, 2:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Really hope there is some truth in the Sam Jones rumour. Would love to see him back here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 142
marinerdazza
August 9, 2018, 2:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from BackHeelTony
Really hope there is some truth in the Sam Jones rumour. Would love to see him back here

There is no truth in the Sam Jones rumour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 142
diehardmariner
August 9, 2018, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,610
Gold Stars: 538
Jones - in a heartbeat.  A massive waste of talent when he was here.  Yes we can point out how disinterested he looked in the final 4 months but we had some serious issues going on at the club, I don't think he was alone in getting disillusioned.  

If he's a striker or not, I think he probably isn't.  If we're signing him as an attacking midfielder or someone to drop off the front man then we've already got Vernam and Cook for that.  If he's there as someone to burst through from midfield then I think that's more interesting.  We didn't really get to see him in that role when he was here but he certainly has got the attributes for it.

Personally I thought his best spell was when he worked with Dyson.  High intense pressing from the pair of them, often hunting in packs.  Whilst Jones was working off Dyson, he was never more than 10-15 yards away from him either.  

If it's no-one coming in, then so be it.  I would much rather we don't bring someone in than just panic for the sake of it and bring a body in.  Last season we ended up bringing in a left-back (Dixon) because we panicked when we actually had someone in the building who could do a better job (Zak Mills), albeit slightly out of place.  The summer before we brought in Scott Vernon because we needed a striker and ended up just going for a body.  

There will be plenty of decent players who are without a club that we can sign right up until the end of the month.  As that window gets closer a lot of those will getting itchy feet and probably lower their demands to find a club, by not signing someone for the sake of it now we'll be in a better position to pick one of these up.

Equally so the loan market is open until the end of the month.  Loads of deals will go through today as clubs get their squads set in stone.  As that happens it'll push players further down the pecking order and they'll then become available for loan to clubs like us.

I would much rather we go another couple of games with what we've got, then are able to strengthen with some free agents and/or loan signings than panic and sign a player or two just for the sake of it.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 142
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our Transfer Deadline Day

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.