6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
realist
August 8, 2018, 12:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Unfortunately you get the same behaviour in Freshney Place on a Saturday. This town has more than it's fair share of scum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
Garth
August 8, 2018, 5:11pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Well that match certainty ruined my weekend, such an embarrassment it would have made the pope swear
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
rancido
August 8, 2018, 5:38pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,652
Gold Stars: 100
[quote=6]Well that match certainty ruined my weekend, such an embarrassment it would have made the pope swear [/quote]

In Latin of course.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
KingstonMariner
August 8, 2018, 8:57pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Townee82

My grandchildren are at a impressionable age and being subject to this behaviour is not how adults should be portrayed when the molding of their minds is taking place there's no place for this in a family atmosphere no wonder their are so many yobs about .

It's not done any of my children any harm. I don't think it did me any harm growing up either. I'm sure plenty of people who've witnessed and heard bad behaviour haven't grown up as yobs as a result.

There are much more insidious influences on how long people develop than a few loonies at football matches. And the sad thing is, those influences are seen as perfectly acceptable by 'normal, law-abiding' people.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
Posh Harry
August 9, 2018, 6:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It's not done any of my children any harm. I don't think it did me any harm growing up either. I'm sure plenty of people who've witnessed and heard bad behaviour haven't grown up as yobs as a result.

There are much more insidious influences on how long people develop than a few loonies at football matches. And the sad thing is, those influences are seen as perfectly acceptable by 'normal, law-abiding' people.

I agree KM. it is seen as acceptable by a far too many people, including it seems by a number of people on here who just come out with the same old line about it happening at every football club and that we are no different.

THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT.

Just because it happens elsewhere does not make it acceptable. Of course people are allowed to grumble and complain about the product in front of them, and they can do that loudly if they want. But some of the personal and vile abuse I have heard at games is very little to do with what they are watching, it is more to do with idiots trying to look cool in front of their mates or to those around them or to make them look ‘hard’, whereas the only thing that looks hard about them is the pertruding member sticking out of their forehead.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
pen penfras
August 9, 2018, 7:14am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -133
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from KingstonMariner

You're correct, but there was a poster talking about his young son walking around the house singing "your support is f*cking sh1t". Whilst it is funny, I wouldn't want my kids doing that. Being around people who aggressively abuse our own manager and players, or anybody, will rub off on impressionable young minds as if it is normal or acceptable. Doesn't mean they'll grow up to be yobs, but I don't want children to be around that sort of environment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
1mickylyons
August 9, 2018, 7:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,388
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from pen penfras

You're correct, but there was a poster talking about his young son walking around the house singing "your support is f*cking sh1t". Whilst it is funny, I wouldn't want my kids doing that. Being around people who aggressively abuse our own manager and players, or anybody, will rub off on impressionable young minds as if it is normal or acceptable. Doesn't mean they'll grow up to be yobs, but I don't want children to be around that sort of environment.

My pal realist will be inviting us to a BBQ soon where he will aggressively abuse 3k supporters he just likes to be different
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
golfer
August 9, 2018, 7:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Garth
Well that match certainty ruined my weekend, such an embarrassment it would have made the pope swear

I do not swear my son-  "ut benedicat tibi "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
arryarryarry
August 9, 2018, 1:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from pen penfras

It's been going on for all the time I've been watching live football at every ground I've been to for over 50 years.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
pkscouse
August 9, 2018, 3:22pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +66
Gold Stars: 3
I think Grimsby is worse for this than most clubs in the country ……… Dixon was being abused ten minutes into the season FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we please give MJ some time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.