This thread currently has 7,124 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
August 6, 2018, 9:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
I think Saturday was a wake-up call for him. He has had three months of unadulterated hero worship and he now has glimpsed the dark side of the job. None of our recent managers has really figured out how to get the best out of Blundell Park, it's been years since we had a really decent home record.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 53
Croxton
August 6, 2018, 9:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
So glad I chose the Upper Youngs for my first ever ST. I had flirted with the romantic notion of sitting in the famous old Main stand but eyesight issues forced a more pragmatic approach.
I am used to embarrassing behaviour from our fans on trains, in pubs and away grounds but we are generally kept under close watch. There seems to be a growing issue here for closer stewarding allied to a joint campaign with the club, Trust and SLO to remind fans of their responsibilities in areas where there are families, fans with disabilities and players relatives.
There are no police around ( let's not start on that today) and no clear club or EFL policy on signage, in the programme or anywhere.
Let's take legal advice, confer with EFL and fan groups and draft a policy.
If I stand up too long or sit in the wrong seat I can expect a swift reaction in most grounds. Why do we allow the stain of foulmouthed personal abuse to continue?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
lew chaterleys lover
August 6, 2018, 10:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,702
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Croxton
So glad I chose the Upper Youngs for my first ever ST. I had flirted with the romantic notion of sitting in the famous old Main stand but eyesight issues forced a more pragmatic approach.
I am used to embarrassing behaviour from our fans on trains, in pubs and away grounds but we are generally kept under close watch. There seems to be a growing issue here for closer stewarding allied to a joint campaign with the club, Trust and SLO to remind fans of their responsibilities in areas where there are families, fans with disabilities and players relatives.
There are no police around ( let's not start on that today) and no clear club or EFL policy on signage, in the programme or anywhere.
If I stand up too long or sit in the wrong seat I can expect a swift reaction in most grounds. Why do we allow the stain of foulmouthed personal abuse to continue?

It's nothing compared to some places. You shouldn't be a manager if you cannot accept hostility. Look at the crowds reaction at any ground in the country when they concede a goal. It is not nice and cannot be condoned but peoples anger gets the better of them and they vent it on players, managers or whoever is in their way. I would prefer it 1950's style of "bad luck Jolley old man lets show them next time..." but it is not going to happen in this day and age.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
MuddyWaters
August 6, 2018, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Croxton

Christ on a bike - 5800 Town fans shell out 20 quid each to watch a shower of shite and they're supposed to inanely clap & sing Ra Ra Up the Town whilst we get torn a new one by a team we beat 3-0 about 3 months ago?
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
promotion plaice
August 6, 2018, 10:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,042
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Christ on a bike - 5800 Town fans shell out 20 quid each to watch a shower of shite and they're supposed to inanely clap & sing Ra Ra Up the Town whilst we get torn a new one by a team we beat 3-0 about 3 months ago?

Less for me.....I bought a season ticket  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
louth_in_the_south
August 6, 2018, 10:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
My 6 year old lads first visit to the Ponny has resulted in him walking round the house singing “your support is fu.cking s.hit “ at every opportunity . Much to my wife’s amusement..

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
Croxton
August 6, 2018, 10:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
OLD CODGER

'Christ on a bike - 5800 Town fans shell out 20 quid each to watch a shower of shite and they're supposed to inanely clap & sing Ra Ra Up the Town whilst we get torn a new one by a team we beat 3-0 about 3 months ago?'

You know I was referencing the more extreme examples or do you think there are no limits?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
arryarryarry
August 6, 2018, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
My 6 year old lads first visit to the Ponny has resulted in him walking round the house singing “your support is fu.cking s.hit “ at every opportunity . Much to my wife’s amusement..

A Town fan in the making.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
KingstonMariner
August 6, 2018, 11:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

FFS

FGR seemed to have gelled OK.

Cooper's been building this team for over two years. He was installed before the Wembley game (just taking a back seat while the other bloke failed).

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
rancido
August 7, 2018, 11:22am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

A Town fan in the making.

Also a true modern Grimbarian.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we please give MJ some time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.