Can we please give MJ some time

This thread currently has 7,121 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Townee82
August 7, 2018, 1:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
Some have pressed the panic button already , and as for the personal abuse i will not be taking my grandsons again it was totally out of order, the rantings of a disturbed individual screaming out of control . Give it sometime I'm not saying tolerate a 20 plus game losing streak but let's see what the changes which will take place bring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 53
KingstonMariner
August 7, 2018, 6:59pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Appreciate what you're saying Townee, but if all sensible people left wouldn't that exacerbate the problem? We'd just be left with mouth foaming loonies.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
Townee82
August 7, 2018, 8:05pm
Beer Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Appreciate what you're saying Townee, but if all sensible people left wouldn't that exacerbate the problem? We'd just be left with mouth foaming loonies.

My grandchildren are at a impressionable age and being subject to this behaviour is not how adults should be portrayed when the molding of their minds is taking place there's no place for this in a family atmosphere no wonder their are so many yobs about .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
MuddyWaters
August 7, 2018, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Townee82

My grandchildren are at a impressionable age and being subject to this behaviour is not how adults should be portrayed when the molding of their minds is taking place there's no place for this in a family atmosphere no wonder their are so many yobs about .

Every football ground is the same - it's not just a Grimsby thing. But each to their own, it's up to you but I would explain that some people use expletives when they feel passionately about something - let's face it, you've got to be passionate or slightly bonkers to support Town.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 53
Townee82
August 8, 2018, 7:51am
Beer Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Every football ground is the same - it's not just a Grimsby thing. But each to their own, it's up to you but I would explain that some people use expletives when they feel passionately about something - let's face it, you've got to be passionate or slightly bonkers to support Town.

It was not just the expletives it was the crazed manner of the man it goes beyond anything a human beings behaviour is expected to be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
1mickylyons
August 8, 2018, 7:56am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Townee82

It was not just the expletives it was the crazed manner of the man it goes beyond anything a human beings behaviour is expected to be

Sorry to hear this and even sorrier it wasn`t picked up and dealt with by the stewards.Did you bring it to their attention?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
Croxton
August 8, 2018, 8:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,011
Gold Stars: 33
Time to reconsider the parameters of Clubs 'deal' with Humberside Police. The Family/ Disability/ Press/ Dugouts/ Match Officials zones all need careful monitoring. If this extreme behaviour was by the directors and sponsors seating perhaps there might be more intervention?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
MarinerMal
August 8, 2018, 8:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Townee82

I'm in full agreement with you. I have even witnessed full grown men with young children hurl the most vile abuse the manager and players. It does make you wonder what these young children will grow up like.

I do think it's time the club took a stronger position on this and inform stewards to, initially, warn people of such behaviour and if it continues, then to eject them from the ground. I have no problem with people being passionate but surely you can be passionate without having to hurl vitriotoc abuse at people.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
GrimRob
August 8, 2018, 9:26am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Ground regulations:

9 The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban for one or more Matches.

Has this EVER been enforced? Threatening maybe but foul and abusive language is the norm.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 53
1mickylyons
August 8, 2018, 11:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GrimRob
Ground regulations:

9 The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground. The Club may impose a ban for one or more Matches.

Has this EVER been enforced? Threatening maybe but foul and abusive language is the norm.

A lot of it comes down to self restraint.I was sat next to a Father and his daughter probably aged 7-8 on Saturday.I said to him I hope the Ref as a good game and I will try and behave etc and I managed to keep a lid on any foul language.Had he not been there I would almost certainly have let rip a couple of times notably the own goal. Now my point is you don`t need to yell abuse it serves no purpose other than to vent the spleen and make you feel better it wouldn`t have helped Collins or Macca or the result but I would have felt happier having got the your sh1t opinion out of my system.5800 in the ground nearly all would have had that opinion but only dozens maybe a 100 would have actually shouted it out.Football is an emotive game it`s why we love it but it brings out the best and worst in people GTFC losing ruins my weekend and has done for over 40 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can we please give MJ some time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.