Meza
July 2, 2018, 10:09pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Its because the vital is not a very good forum and there must be 3/4 that regularly post....mainly drivel lol.  

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 156
sam gy
July 2, 2018, 11:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Nowhere near - although the Wembley interest was similar, maybe a touch higher, than Lincoln's. Blundell Park is a bit blighted by a legacy of hooligan problems and was also totally unsuitable for a reasonably comfortable conversion to all-seater; the toilets are crap, the catering is crap and is not a great experience for families - it isn't as bad as Donny's Belle Vue was, but if GTFC had a new stadium, I'd expect a similar uplift in season tickets and crowds as Donny experienced when they moved to the Keepmoat (as long as the team were performing ok). Until a new stadium happens, if it ever does, we haven't a hope in hell of getting anywhere near 6k plus ST holders. Where have the ST holders come from - are you drawing alot from Newark, Grantham, Sleaford and Skeg now

I guess you don't know what you've got til its gone, but i feel like at the time nobody ever stopped to think 'we're doing well', being in the 2nd tier just became accepted as a norm...well, it certainly felt like that as a young kid in the 90's/early 00's. Probably a healthy dose of the ol' Grimsby cynicism too!

Even during our double Wembley season in 97/98, that was following a relegation to the third tier so there was still probably a sense of getting back to where we belong, in a weird way.

Sure it felt different following our back to back promotions from the 4th tier though, i'm *just* too young to remember that.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 156
promotion plaice
July 2, 2018, 11:18pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Meza
Its because the vital is not a very good forum and there must be 3/4 that regularly post....mainly drivel lol.  

It's the Jules show.......he's/she's posted about 35 million times on there.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 156
Impish2
July 2, 2018, 11:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from topuphere666
I love how a few Lincoln fans automatically come to us when there’s talk of a new signing.

Nope, I generally message on here when there's a Lincoln theme. We have only signed 4 players so far, there's lots to do.

As for the other comments about vitals, it's busier than it used to be, but the Banter site has lots more posts and daily traffic. Unlike the vitals one though, it doesn't raise money for the club when people click on the site or post on the threads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 156
1mickylyons
July 3, 2018, 7:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Personally I think the few Imps that post on here are ok and it`s good to have some banter.Also just think when the bubble bursts we can use our new Imps friends to secure tickets when once again we have sold out the away end at SB.All joking apart they got it right off the pitch following some success on it and then have followed it up. I sincerely hope our top brass have noted what to do and try and follow the off the pitch example the Imps have set.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 156
1mickylyons
July 3, 2018, 7:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Impish2

Nope, I generally message on here when there's a Lincoln theme. We have only signed 4 players so far, there's lots to do.

As for the other comments about vitals, it's busier than it used to be, but the Banter site has lots more posts and daily traffic. Unlike the vitals one though, it doesn't raise money for the club when people click on the site or post on the threads.

That Jules though........... Banned me several year`s ago for calling someone a bell ringing goon in amongst a thread on why Lincoln fans wouldn't venture to Grimsby on Boxing Day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 156
nealeardleyscrossing
July 3, 2018, 8:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Nowhere near - although the Wembley interest was similar, maybe a touch higher, than Lincoln's. Blundell Park is a bit blighted by a legacy of hooligan problems and was also totally unsuitable for a reasonably comfortable conversion to all-seater; the toilets are crap, the catering is crap and is not a great experience for families - it isn't as bad as Donny's Belle Vue was, but if GTFC had a new stadium, I'd expect a similar uplift in season tickets and crowds as Donny experienced when they moved to the Keepmoat (as long as the team were performing ok). Until a new stadium happens, if it ever does, we haven't a hope in hell of getting anywhere near 6k plus ST holders. Where have the ST holders come from - are you drawing alot from Newark, Grantham, Sleaford and Skeg now

Honest answer to that is I am not sure. I think it is probably a few things, People returning, Lincoln is growing relatively rapidly but I think the main thing is that families are coming and certainly the junior Imps section is huge now. The football clubs they run, are almost sold out every holiday, and I think on the back of that people are buying in to the club. Also because we have been starved on any success, then I think people do not want to miss what could be a defining period in our history. I also think our chief executive who we got from Doncaster has been very clever in marketing, things such as the fan zone make coming to the game just a part of the experience. He's changed so much, caterers, corporate seats, ticketing on phones, small things, but improving the whole experience.

He has drawn the club much closer with the fans, and he is trying to tap into other areas of the county to increase the crowd - I think they are looking to add extra seating next season.

Obviously Danny has played a part too, and I do see similarities between him and Jolley -  I know I have heard Jolley say that he rates him, and I think he is trying to do similar things. Lets face it, it is only Fenty that is holding you back from being successful again. I would love to see us, you and Scunny all in division 1, that would do for me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 156
nealeardleyscrossing
July 3, 2018, 8:24am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Personally I think the few Imps that post on here are ok and it`s good to have some banter.Also just think when the bubble bursts we can use our new Imps friends to secure tickets when once again we have sold out the away end at SB.All joking apart they got it right off the pitch following some success on it and then have followed it up. I sincerely hope our top brass have noted what to do and try and follow the off the pitch example the Imps have set.

Maybe you could get us some tickets in August for the Findus too..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 156
nealeardleyscrossing
July 3, 2018, 8:25am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

That Jules though........... Banned me several year`s ago for calling someone a bell ringing goon in amongst a thread on why Lincoln fans wouldn't venture to Grimsby on Boxing Day.

Yeah he was stood in front of me at County away last year - Spent the whole game berating Farman. Annoying character.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 156
ska face
July 3, 2018, 8:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847

Honest answer to that is I am not sure. I think it is probably a few things, People returning, Lincoln is growing relatively rapidly but I think the main thing is that families are coming and certainly the junior Imps section is huge now. The football clubs they run, are almost sold out every holiday, and I think on the back of that people are buying in to the club. Also because we have been starved on any success, then I think people do not want to miss what could be a defining period in our history. I also think our chief executive who we got from Doncaster has been very clever in marketing, things such as the fan zone make coming to the game just a part of the experience. He's changed so much, caterers, corporate seats, ticketing on phones, small things, but improving the whole experience.

He has drawn the club much closer with the fans, and he is trying to tap into other areas of the county to increase the crowd - I think they are looking to add extra seating next season.

Obviously Danny has played a part too, and I do see similarities between him and Jolley -  I know I have heard Jolley say that he rates him, and I think he is trying to do similar things. Lets face it, it is only Fenty that is holding you back from being successful again. I would love to see us, you and Scunny all in division 1, that would do for me.

Summed up our problem in two words.

Most clubs have a CO who knows what they’re doing and want to push on. We’ve got Ian Fleming who, I’m sure is a lovely bloke, but has done frig all to move this club on in 20 years.

Is that a reflection of the overbearing nature of Fenty’s influence on every facet of the club? Probably. But you surely want as CO with the strength to tell Fenty to wind his neck in. Fleming appears to be happy to hide behind Mr Magoo, which is why we’re stagnating and probably will until there’s some real change.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 156
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Akinde

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.