This thread currently has 33,942 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 6, 2018, 10:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

Would pissh myself if he picked up another long term injury on the alleged £4K a week  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 156
moosey_club
July 6, 2018, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Lincoln have secured the services of someone who has definately been proven to be a threat to the opposition...i can only imagine that they have fought off competition for him so whether or not some people suddenly think he is shite, Lincoln have captured him so they have done well in that regard.
7 goals in 32 last season in a poor Barnet side, take that season out of it and he would have 80 goals in 132 games for them in the other 3 years.

That really is a damn impressive record and one that suggests he isnt a one season wonder.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 156
TheCodfather1966
July 6, 2018, 11:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
Akinde is a very good goalscorer, but this signing tends to speak volumes about the style of football Lincoln still seem intent on playing.  I thought with Lincoln's new found wealth they would have strengthened far more than they have already.  That said, sadly I suspect we will be looking upwards at their league position compared to our own.  I actually think with the right backing, Michael Jolley could be a far better proposition as a manger than the Cowley brothers.  With the current Board though, Michael will have to juggle a bit and be very resourceful.  I still think we will finish in a very respectable position this season, if not impacting on the top seven.  I hope the Board will eventually back the fans and new manager's ambitions for the club.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 156
forza ivano
July 7, 2018, 12:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,148
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Why?.....ours is an unknown quantity...you could well be choking on those words come the end of the season, but conversely you might just get better odds...nothing like supporting your own team over local rivals...like I've said, sod them.all and concentrate on your own!!UTM

You might be right but I doubt it. Tenner to charity at the end of the season? What I've omitted to say is that I. still hope mj has an an ace up his sleeve, although the appearance of todorov and fortune does have me wondering
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 156
promotion plaice
July 7, 2018, 12:56am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from forza ivano

You might be right but I doubt it. Tenner to charity at the end of the season? What I've omitted to say is that I. still hope mj has an an ace up his sleeve, although the appearance of todorov and fortune does have me wondering

Agreed.....if these are our best targets then thank god I have still held off buying a season ticket.......sorry

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 156
Cloudy
July 7, 2018, 7:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from promotion plaice

Agreed.....if these are our best targets then thank god I have still held off buying a season ticket.......sorry

How are they supposed to sign better players if fans like you wont part with cash for a season ticket? Take on more debt perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 156
Northbank Mariner
July 7, 2018, 8:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from forza ivano

Forza, I'll accept that tenner wager, if we have a better goal difference come end of the season you lose and visa versa if Lincoln's is better....think the charity should be chosen by a neutral tho..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 156
dicko995
July 7, 2018, 8:12am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
We sign a new player,and it gets 2 pages, Lincoln sign a player,and it gets 14 pages. Unbelievable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 156
Mighty_Mariner
July 7, 2018, 8:21am
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from immariner

What an illogical load of twaddle. In a side that was shockingly poor for the first 85% of the season and wasn't making chances, just how many goals should Akinde have scored?

Barnet were poor I agree, but a contributing factor to their poor performance was Akinde!

I watched Barnet a lot last season and Big John was slow, lacked any sort of effort or heartt, could barely head, shoot or pass the ball and he looked severely disinterested!!

Akinde's strength has alyways been collecting the ball, running at defenders and either scoring or winning a penalty... Where was that last year? He invariably either lost the ball, lacked the work ethic to run at and beat his man and just ended up in his bottom.

Call it illogical twaddle all you want but its fact that last season he was poor and did little to turn around Barnets fortune!! Certainl not someone I'd want in the trenches with me when the going gets tough!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 156
Impish2
July 7, 2018, 9:05am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Barnet were poor I agree, but a contributing factor to their poor performance was Akinde!

I watched Barnet a lot last season and Big John was slow, lacked any sort of effort or heartt, could barely head, shoot or pass the ball and he looked severely disinterested!!

Akinde's strength has alyways been collecting the ball, running at defenders and either scoring or winning a penalty... Where was that last year? He invariably either lost the ball, lacked the work ethic to run at and beat his man and just ended up in his bottom.

Call it illogical twaddle all you want but its fact that last season he was poor and did little to turn around Barnets fortune!! Certainl not someone I'd want in the trenches with me when the going gets tough!!

Akinde got injured at the start of the season and was rushed back before it fully cleared up according to the Barnet forum. He was playing catch up in a struggling side so no real surprise things turned out how they did. I doubt we would take a risk on a player if his injury was still likely to be an issue going into this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 156
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Akinde

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.