This thread currently has 33,962 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Impish2
July 6, 2018, 8:18pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +55
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If true, him, Bostwick and Frecklington earn a combined £10k per week. I imagine Matt Green isn't cheap either. I can't see him settling up north myself.

He is relocating to the area with his family, so that will help. He played a season at the delights of Alfreton so I reckon he can slum it living around here for a few seasons. Not sure he will be on 4k a week or not because even one of our bloggers that has a lot of insider knowledge doesn't know his wage but I imagine he will be on a similarly decent amount to Freck and Bostwick.

We can for once afford to spend wages on good players and have earned that right, though the chairman and his sportsvest board members have chipped in with some considerable money recently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 156
VinnyGTFC
July 6, 2018, 8:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Why on Earth have we got a 13 page thread on Akinde.
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 156
ska face
July 6, 2018, 8:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,643
Gold Stars: 840
Yep, Lincoln have had £250k invested recently and another £150k or so invested this week. This is on top of selling season tickets out, player sales, profit from attendances and cup runs in the last two years.

This proves, despite the claims of Fenty and Marley and their supporters on here, that there ARE people who are happy to invest money in unfashionable lower league football clubs with dilapidated stadiums...if they trust the people they’re investing in to provide a return.

It’s not GTFC that aren’t an attractive proposition - it’s the people running the show, who are supposed to be making some money.

I hope this clears things up for some of you.
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 156
Mighty_Mariner
July 6, 2018, 9:09pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from psgmariner
Great signing at this level.

Hard to sign a proven goalscorer as we have found out.

At this level? He was at this level last season in a team that got relegated!

Players are only as good as their last season and last season Akinde was poor!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 156
wiggers
July 6, 2018, 9:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
Why on Earth have we got a 13 page thread on Akinde.

My thoughts too. Not bothered who they sign. We will smash em home and away. We’re the Pride of Lincolnshire. Michael Jolley’s Black and White Army!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 156
Northbank Mariner
July 6, 2018, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Ah, f@ck this, to all those gimps that jump.on OUR forum and think they're better than us and doing oh so well signing a striker that falls over easy them.Neymar....up yours, we are Grimsby,...we are the ones with the footballing history and a true, loyal fan base that are through thick n thin...when Akinde only scores 8 goals, you can stop sucking cowleys man bits and take a dose of realism, your fans are plastic, false and living on the glory of one season...now I'm off for a lay down in a dark room and kicking the dog on the way past!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 156
HertsGTFC
July 6, 2018, 9:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Impish2

He is relocating to the area with his family, so that will help. He played a season at the delights of Alfreton so I reckon he can slum it living around here for a few seasons. Not sure he will be on 4k a week or not because even one of our bloggers that has a lot of insider knowledge doesn't know his wage but I imagine he will be on a similarly decent amount to Freck and Bostwick.

We can for once afford to spend wages on good players and have earned that right, though the chairman and his sportsvest board members have chipped in with some considerable money recently.

Do your research, Akinde was based on the South when he played for Alfreton and rarely trained with his team mates.

Accrington bucked the trend but titles (and promotions) are usually funded one way or another these days .

I think you’re clearly having a great run but a lot of it feels based upon “6 numbers on a Saturday night”,or indeed a rich man “living the dream”.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 156
immariner
July 6, 2018, 10:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,412
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

At this level? He was at this level last season in a team that got relegated!

Players are only as good as their last season and last season Akinde was poor!

What an illogical load of twaddle. In a side that was shockingly poor for the first 85% of the season and wasn't making chances, just how many goals should Akinde have scored?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 156
forza ivano
July 6, 2018, 10:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,167
Gold Stars: 265
Sad to say there's a lot of pettiness n bitterness in this thread.lets be honest.the lcfc front line of rhead,green n Akinde knocks our forward line of cook, Robles and cardwell into a cocked hat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 156
Northbank Mariner
July 6, 2018, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from forza ivano
Sad to say there's a lot of pettiness n bitterness in this thread.lets be honest.the lcfc front line of rhead,green n Akinde knocks our forward line of cook, Robles and cardwell into a cocked hat

Why?.....ours is an unknown quantity...you could well be choking on those words come the end of the season, but conversely you might just get better odds...nothing like supporting your own team over local rivals...like I've said, sod them.all and concentrate on your own!!UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 156
16 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Akinde

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.