June 16, 2018, 2:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from ska face

[tweet]759028862093262848[/tweet]

Couldn't give a shite either way. Will never understand this obsession people have with old players. He was only at town for 18 months ffs.

Yes,but his transfer money enabled us to make great signings later in the reign of Slade and Wilkinson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 93
grimsby pete
June 16, 2018, 2:38pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
He is worth £2 grand a week for his goals,

BUT

That would mean Cardiff paying him the other £5 grand,

It will not happen.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 93
moosey_club
June 16, 2018, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
The lad left us 18 months ago. Since then he has played 33 games for 3 different clubs with a goal tally in single figures. Something is not right is it? Bogle is a talented player and he should have been able to adapt to different managers and their ways better than that. He has been unlucky with injuries maybe but that doesn’t explain why he hasn’t progressed. If he wants to get back in the running for a Prem place he needs to kickstart his career with regular games and a lot of goals. Here? I think he needs too much work and coddling and Jolley probably has better things to do. It would also mean putting too many eggs in one budget basket.  Bogle would do better in L1 and I’m not sure he is the sort of player to take over from the Lincoln Man-Mountain is he?

100%

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 93
rancido
June 17, 2018, 11:48am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from RoboCod

Oh bollox. Some people have a really hard time with 'irony', I simply point out that fair a discussion on a Lincoln player who is now a Town player leads to endless bitter sometimes idiotic comments on their forum and give some examples so you can compare the two.  

Irony

But you mentioned the fact that Lincoln fans are obsessed with us and then admit you go on their site. That is irony.

IRONY: (fig) - a result precisely opposite in effect from what might have been  expected from it's cause.

And there was no need for the " bollox "!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 93
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 17, 2018, 2:38pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from RoboCod

Oh bollox. Some people have a really hard time with 'irony', I simply point out that fair a discussion on a Lincoln player who is now a Town player leads to endless bitter sometimes idiotic comments on their forum and give some examples so you can compare the two.  

Irony

From someone who now lives in Lincoln, sensibly LC v GY chat is hard to come by. I’ve got a couple of mates who are season ticket holders and are real sensible straight talkers but most are biased and obsessed. As I’ve seen us play in higher divisions I’ve stated a few times to them that honestly I dislike Scunny and Hull and that Lincoln don’t really bother me that much. In fact the first time we played Lincoln in my adult life outside of pre-season friendlies and a 2001 Cup tie was in 2004 . It’s a bizzare rivalry, despite them techically being our modern day rival there is a lot of hate from them that just isn’t resiprocated by us. I don’t think we really cared at all seeing Kingsley Black, Martin Gritton, Peter Bore, Liam Hearn or Nathan Arnold in red and white but on the flip side Scott Kerr was the anti christ for joining us a couple of years after leaving them. I wouldn’t say it’s a one sided rivalry but the level of obsession isn’t there.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 93
RonMariner
June 17, 2018, 3:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,685
Gold Stars: 226
I'm glad they made it out of the conference as it adds a couple of spicy local derbies to the fixture list.

Better to have them than Boreham Wood, Braintree, Eastleigh of plenty of others we could name.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 93
promotion plaice
June 17, 2018, 3:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from RonMariner
I'm glad they made it out of the conference as it adds a couple of spicy local derbies to the fixture list.

Better to have them than Boreham Wood, Braintree, Eastleigh of plenty of others we could name.

Fair point but I get the impression from down the road that Lincoln will be playing Real Madrid in the Champions League Final shortly.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 93
Kris2
June 17, 2018, 3:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

From someone who now lives in Lincoln, sensibly LC v GY chat is hard to come by. I’ve got a couple of mates who are season ticket holders and are real sensible straight talkers but most are biased and obsessed. As I’ve seen us play in higher divisions I’ve stated a few times to them that honestly I dislike Scunny and Hull and that Lincoln don’t really bother me that much. In fact the first time we played Lincoln outside of pre-season friendlies and a 2001 Cup tie was in 2004. It’s a bizzare rivalry, despite them techically being our modern day rival there is a lot of hate from them that just isn’t resiprocated by us. I don’t think we really cared at all seeing Kingsley Black, Martin Gritton, Peter Bore, Liam Hearn or Nathan Arnold in red and white but on the flip side Scott Kerr was the anti christ for joining us a couple of years after leaving them. I wouldn’t say it’s a one sided rivalry but the level of obsession isn’t there.

I think it's mainly a sense of superiority from the GTFC side. Lincoln were way below us for a long time so going there was seen as a step down and no big threat to any of us. Most GTFC fans see us as what we were a long time ago still so older rivalries in higher leagues mean more like Hull for example, when was the last time we played them in a league game? But most Town fans still hate Hull as it has always been traditionally. The way people talk about Lincoln is still talking down like "oh little old Lincoln is doing well these days, ho hum" so can see how we'd be less bothered about certain things. The Lincoln side look at us as their closest league rivals for a long time now since we've been the derby day and in the same league for a while. They think joining Grimsby is a betrayal because they place value in that rivalry. We refuse to see them as rivals because we think they are beneath us and not big enough a club to be considered a rival because of the past.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 93
Mighty_Mariner
June 17, 2018, 3:35pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
To be honest I welcome the challenge by Lincoln.... God knows its long overdue!

But in the grand scheme of things I don't give two shits what they do, how many games or trophies they win, who they sign, the amount of season tickets they've sold or the current circumference of Matt Rhead trousers compared to Danny Cowley's ego!

We're in the midst of a bright new era at GTFC under Michael Jolley and my sole focus is on Town and Town only.

#UTFM

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 93
KingstonMariner
June 17, 2018, 8:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Was there ever much animosity with Hull? I’m sure there used to be barneys but that was just what happened back 40-50 years ago. Other Yorkshire teams was a bit different.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.