Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,558
Gold Stars: 839
Quoted from StickfordMariner
Think I would be hugely gutted if the hero of Wembley went to lincoln

[tweet]759028862093262848[/tweet]

Couldn't give a shite either way. Will never understand this obsession people have with old players. He was only at town for 18 months ffs.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 93
GtfcGarner
June 16, 2018, 9:44am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from ska face

Couldn't give a shite either way. Will never understand this obsession people have with old players. He was only at town for 18 months ffs.

And he was the player that was the difference in the final about us being a league team and not a conference team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 93
Balthazar Bullitt
June 16, 2018, 9:46am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from ska face

True, but he had the best song we've had for a player in years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 93
Davec
June 16, 2018, 9:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
If he goes to Lincoln we will never ever hear the end of it, he certainly won't come here. It'll be Mansfield probably
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 93
Poojah
June 16, 2018, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
He’s had a disappointing 18 months since leaving us but there will be takers higher than League Two willing to take a punt on him.

I love the idea of Omar returning but there are so many reasons why it won’t / can’t happen - money being just one of them. Think this one needs putting to bed.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 93
June 16, 2018, 10:02am
Guest User
Lincoln have never bothered me. But they are starting to annoy me with their new found supporters who are full of excrement and seem to have a 12 month memory in relation to history and stature of the respective clubs. Lincoln have never done anything, I applauded them when the reached the FA Cup quarter finals mind.

But what passes for 'football' there and has done as long as I can ever remember is a danger to low and mid flying birds, I couldn't pay to watch that, I tried to last season under Coco but even with my season ticket paid for, I stayed away for a few games. The Cowley's are just hoof ball merchants and an insult to football.

Anyway, after that ramble, I would be pleased of they signed Bogle on loan. His wages will be in the five figure weekly wage bracket, even a 40 percent contribution would hit them in the financial goolies in no time at all.
Reply: 15 - 93
Poojah
June 16, 2018, 10:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,425
Gold Stars: 1,499
Quoted from 75
Lincoln have never bothered me. But they are starting to annoy me with their new found supporters who are full of excrement and seem to have a 12 month memory in relation to history and stature of the respective clubs. Lincoln have never done anything, I applauded them when the reached the FA Cup quarter finals mind.

But what passes for 'football' there and has done as long as I can ever remember is a danger to low and mid flying birds, I couldn't pay to watch that, I tried to last season under Coco but even with my season ticket paid for, I stayed away for a few games. The Cowley's are just hoof ball merchants and an insult to football.

Anyway, after that ramble, I would be pleased of they signed Bogle on loan. His wages will be in the five figure weekly wage bracket, even a 40 percent contribution would hit them in the financial goolies in no time at all.

I think we’re becoming a little obsessed with Lincoln on here in truth. He will find a top-end League One club as an absolute minimum in my opinion. As you say, his weekly wage is likely to be in the five-figure bracket and I honestly don’t think there is a club in our division right now capable of paying a proportion that would come close to making it worth Cardiff’s while to let him go.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 93
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
June 16, 2018, 10:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The lad left us 18 months ago. Since then he has played 33 games for 3 different clubs with a goal tally in single figures. Something is not right is it? Bogle is a talented player and he should have been able to adapt to different managers and their ways better than that. He has been unlucky with injuries maybe but that doesn’t explain why he hasn’t progressed. If he wants to get back in the running for a Prem place he needs to kickstart his career with regular games and a lot of goals. Here? I think he needs too much work and coddling and Jolley probably has better things to do. It would also mean putting too many eggs in one budget basket.  Bogle would do better in L1 and I’m not sure he is the sort of player to take over from the Lincoln Man-Mountain is he?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 93
RoboCod
June 16, 2018, 10:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Poojah

I think we’re becoming a little obsessed with Lincoln on here in truth. He will find a top-end League One club as an absolute minimum in my opinion. As you say, his weekly wage is likely to be in the five-figure bracket and I honestly don’t think there is a club in our division right now capable of paying a proportion that would come close to making it worth Cardiff’s while to let him go.

I think you need to look at Lincoln Vital to see obsession. They're obviously mentioned on here in a thread about a Lincoln player joining us, while the divs on Vital apparently can't stomach an Imp joining 'bitter arch-rivals' Grimsby, forgetting that this happens a lot in reverse, including the excellent Batch, Cummings and other transfers of the past. One div recalls the upset when Glenn Cockerill swapped his Lincoln shirt for a Town one, even though it never happened.

Another fan is gutted to think that the Lincoln player who scored their (only) famous goal at Wembley will be wearing a Town shirt, ignoring the fact that Arnold (scorer of a particularly famous Wembley goal) then joined them months later.

It's so clueless, awfully biased and detached from reality that their Vital forum could almost be a very clever parody of a typical shity-football-forum in the misinformed digital age.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 93
Mariner1972
June 16, 2018, 11:11am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -9
I still don't get why he's called the two goal Wembley hero, he only scored one. The other goal was an own goal all day long.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 93
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Omar Bogle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.