6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
June 9, 2018, 12:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
A lot of you will already know but Michael entered a team in the Trust quiz last night. Up until he came forward we were struggling for entries. Once we knew he was up for it the event sold out in 8 hours. Contrast that effect with previous encumbents of the managers seat.
Oh and I'm biased but he contributed massively to a very good night.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
davmariner
June 9, 2018, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,911
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from barralad
A lot of you will already know but Michael entered a team in the Trust quiz last night. Up until he came forward we were struggling for entries. Once we knew he was up for it the event sold out in 8 hours. Contrast that effect with previous encumbents of the managers seat.

Fantastic to hear. That’s exactly what you want from a manager. That willingness to go the extra mile.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
OllieGTFC
June 9, 2018, 4:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Definitely need a new song for this man, am sure someone will come up with something

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
HertsGTFC
June 9, 2018, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from barralad

The difference between MJ and the last 2 managers is that he's doing what he talked about, he talks "community club" and the stuff like the quiz night etc.. just builds that kind of environment.

Long may it continue!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
moosey_club
June 9, 2018, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Definitely need a new song for this man, am sure someone will come up with something

Just recycle the Leary,  2 Unlimited based chant

Michael...Michael Michael..Michael Michael Michael... Michael  .. Jolley

repeat to death

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
June 10, 2018, 7:40am
Guest User
I hope that the people of Grimsby reciprocate the respect that   Michael and his family have given so far to this Club, Town and Community. Over a period of time, he will soon become attached to this place and, despite the annoying 6 month rolling contract, he will find it very hard to detach himself from the Club, despite interest elsewhere.

It’s no different from Macca, Shaun and Diz. All of these would have stayed with GTFC until they retired. That didn’t happen by chance, it happened because they immersed themselves into the community and became part of it. In the end, it was very difficult for them to leave, for them personally and for the fans.

I think that the difference with Michael Jolley is that he is an extremely intelligent man that understands the bigger picture. Of course he wants to be successful as a Football Manager but I honestly think he sees GTFC as a much bigger project than that. He wants to re-unite the whole community and Club and regenerate Grimsby through the focus of a Football Club. I would imagine that it’s very similar to Dyche at Burnley.

I hope that local businesses support him and his family in helping them settle in the area. That might be a car service, electrician, carpenter. I just hope that he is made to feel as welcome which will make it much harder for him to leave.

I think he will stay until he’s taken the Club as far as he can!!

It’s the ‘Jolley Effect’ that’s putting the buzz back around this place!!

In MJ we trust!!

UTM
Reply: 45 - 50
Maringer
June 10, 2018, 8:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
I think Jolley is proving himself a very smart cookie so far. You don't get many chances at making it as a football manager these days, especially if you don't have the reputation of a playing career to fall back on. He's obviously realised he needs to do all he can both on and off the pitch and is working hard to make a go of things at GTFC.

A good idea at a club such as ourselves which always does best when things are in tandem both on and off the pitch.

Hope his signings and the on-pitch stuff works out as well as the off-pitch PR has done so far.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
Mariner55
June 10, 2018, 12:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +237
It's evident MJ 'gets' the importance and place of GTFC in the community of Grimsby, Cleethorpes etc.  I was wondering whether this has anything to do with the fact that he alluded in his initial interview that he had family in the Town and used to visit it as a youngster?  Does anyone know about MJ's Grimsby connection?  Could be significant.

Also, I assume he & his wife have now moved to the area?  Another important move.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
KingstonMariner
June 10, 2018, 1:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I suspect a large part of why MJ 'gets it' is because he's from Barnsley. He would have seen the wreckage that the loss of a dominant industry has on a town, and how the football club can help create a sense of positivity if handled correctly.

I'm pretty sure that, like the Dog's Testicles said, that the people of the town will make him and his family feel welcome.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
mariner91
June 15, 2018, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
[tweet]1007594596442963968[/tweet]

If he delivers on the pitch like he's suggested he might at the tail end of last season then he is our next McMenemy. We've got to back this man.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.