June 8, 2018, 11:27pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

[/b]

What if its too late by then?

What if we go off the league by Xmas and he's poached  away by a club higher up because the compensation figure is low? Look at when Wrexham boss Dean Keates was snaffled up by Walsall.... Wrexham were flying high, looked nailed in for the playoffs and then went on a massive downward spiral when he left!

Conversely, I understand the club but wanting to risk giving him a long-term deal only for it to go wrong but its a risk with taking IMO.

Fir me, MJ is an absolute gem and it won't be long before other clubs see it too!

Let's just give Jolley a 3 year deal and if it doesn't work out we all agree JF isn't to blame this time if it all goes pear shaped.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
RonMariner
June 9, 2018, 10:05am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,007
Gold Stars: 216
A wonderful gesture.

Achieved a miracle last season. Making great signings this summer. Comes across as a really positive, honest and sincere bloke.

This guy really is something special.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
LondonMariner43
June 9, 2018, 10:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
My only worry at the moment is what happens if the team go through a bad patch?  How long before some fans start saying we’ve got an inexperienced manager, or that it’s ok to be nice but we need a manager who is tough etc.

I really hope the fans give Jolley time to build something - the signs are great so far!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
RoboCod
June 9, 2018, 10:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

What I cannot understand for the life of me, is how the club has been quite unable to grasp these simple but crucial facts of life for so long. Compare and contrast the Boards behaviour at the infamous fans forum, to Michael Jolley's in dealing with the press, the fans and the players.

In a nutshell Lew. Very well put.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
Rick12
June 9, 2018, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good on him

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
Rick12
June 9, 2018, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from LondonMariner43
My only worry at the moment is what happens if the team go through a bad patch?  How long before some fans start saying we’ve got an inexperienced manager, or that it’s ok to be nice but we need a manager who is tough etc.

I really hope the fans give Jolley time to build something - the signs are great so far!
Fair point.No manager is perfect and Iam sure he will make some mistakes.However early signs are that he will make more good choices than bad ones.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
grimsby pete
June 9, 2018, 10:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
What a really nice man,

Well Michael if you are ever in Suffolk I am recovering from knee replacement surgery,

You will be most welcome to pop in for tea.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
PrestwichMariner
June 9, 2018, 11:19am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 5
I'm in good health but if Michael is ever in Prestwich I'll happily treat him to a few beers just to say thanks for starting to restore faith in our club after years of hurt and decline!

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
Ipswin
June 9, 2018, 12:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I don't disagree but if the worst should happen and we are about to be relegated or worse we actually go down, do we really stick with him because he's a nice bloke who is trying to build something?

Surely going back down into non-league is a hanging offence isn't it, Slade was slaughtered for letting us get into the bottom six

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
ska face
June 9, 2018, 12:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
Jolley is currently setting the standard for ALL town employees in terms of effort and engagement. My only fear is that they’re going to flog him to death (those DVDs ffs) without learning any real lessons, and when the time comes that he’s not flavour of the month anymore (it will happen - we’re obviously going to have a poor spell), the club will struggle to keep enthusiasm up.  
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.