This thread currently has 11,462 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
June 8, 2018, 7:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's hard to understand what makes one individual so different to another. The difference between Jolley and Slade is chalk and cheese (and light years) One oozed contempt for the fans whilst Mike just gets it - what it means to be a Town fan. He also knows he has to try and get folk back onside who said they'd never set foot in BP again, and boy is he showing them he means business.

Football's a fickle business though, and it all doesn't go well for him at the start of the season - for whatever reason - he's building up a huge stockpile of brownie points. Keep it up Mike, even from 250 miles away I feel your love!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
promotion plaice
June 8, 2018, 7:48pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from GTFC_85

Maybe you should get with the times. We don't live in the world of newspapers and phone boxes no more. Like our club we all need to accept that the world and communications are moving on.

Luxury....we lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the road  

On a serious note well done MJ.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
June 8, 2018, 9:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,755
Gold Stars: 237
Michael Jolley is obviously a nice guy, with the brains to go with it. He has a plan, the energy and the kudos to map out a road that will I am sure bring him and the club success. He knows how important fundamental things like good communications, respect for the paying customer and perhaps most importantly how big a part the club plays in peoples lives. A professional football club is often the heartbeat of the community and Michael Jolley, much to his credit gets that.

What I cannot understand for the life of me, is how the club has been quite unable to grasp these simple but crucial facts of life for so long. Compare and contrast the Boards behaviour at the infamous fans forum, to Michael Jolley's in dealing with the press, the fans and the players.

It seems as long as Michael Jolley is here, assuming things go reasonably well on the field, then the club will be invigorated, will be run in a courteous and professional manner, and I hope his influence permeates right throughout the club.

I am trying to put the Fenty years to the back of my mind, and like others am immensely looking forward to the new season. I just hope Mr. Fenty takes a back seat, right at the back, and let Michael Jolley get on with it. If Jolley can make us take off, the future will be a whole lot brighter.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Grim up north
June 8, 2018, 9:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 1
We've all gone from not renewing our season tickets in March to snapping them back up again this week. To keep us up was a miracle against teams with a need to beat us. I like the way he keeps the message simple and clear to the players and they looked fitter in the last month than I've seen in ages.Shankley and Laurie Mcmenemy went down in folklore here and this guy could be the best we've seen since the Kerr and Buckley years .... Christ knows we've been patient waiting for it to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
June 8, 2018, 9:22pm
Guest User
Can only echo what others have said about Michael Jolley. Really outstanding from him, the only fear I have is when he does well (not if) and moves on, will we be back to normal? Let's get him tied up on a long term deal, not now but when he is proven. Maybe Christmas time and keep the vultures away.
Reply: 24 - 50
Grim up north
June 8, 2018, 9:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 1
When you look at the odds of a successfull manager being appointed I can only remember 4 good uns in nearly 40 years of following Town so I like JF's rolling contract. That said MJ has saved us from certain relegation and is the first person I can remember who is uniting this town both on and off the pitch in my lifetime. For that reason for me the guy deserves a decent contract in place as soon as reasonably practicable and I'm sure JF knows this too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
HertsGTFC
June 8, 2018, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Firstly I think he’s just a very legitimate guy with very good integrity, I sense his values around brining everyone together to move forward would be the same if he was working in a “normal” job as much as being manager of GTFC.

He has great PR but more importantly he backs it up with actions like visits to schools, working in the shop, quiz nights, today’s bit on Twitter and more importantly just being friendly open & honest.

His football education has been partly at the Dyche school of building, I hope we’ll benefit from that for a long while yet.

My view ? He believes in GTFC as long as he does that I’ll believe in him.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
GTFC_85
June 8, 2018, 10:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Any need for that harsh response really??

So did that mean everybody must be on ALL social media platforms?

Perhaps some people don't want to live their life around Twitter and Instagram!

Maybe you should move with the times and talk to people like you would expect to spoken to yourself... Unless you're into people talking to you like a d**k!!!!!

The point im making is whether you like it or not the world is digital and times have moved on. My tone was not meant to be rude. You calling me a d**ck was very constructive thank you.

It's the very fact that MJ is young and progressive is what we've been crying out for.

My response to the lady/gentleman was tending to criticism on the point that they were complaining MJ wouldn't visit them because they were not on Twitter...well how would he have known they were ill if not for social media?

Can't please everyone all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Mighty_Mariner
June 8, 2018, 11:20pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,241
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from 75
Can only echo what others have said about Michael Jolley. Really outstanding from him, the only fear I have is when he does well (not if) and moves on, will we be back to normal? Let's get him tied up on a long term deal, not now but when he is proven. Maybe Christmas time and keep the vultures away.

What if its too late by then?

What if we go off the league by Xmas and he's poached  away by a club higher up because the compensation figure is low? Look at when Wrexham boss Dean Keates was snaffled up by Walsall.... Wrexham were flying high, looked nailed in for the playoffs and then went on a massive downward spiral when he left!

Conversely, I understand the club but wanting to risk giving him a long-term deal only for it to go wrong but its a risk with taking IMO.

Fir me, MJ is an absolute gem and it won't be long before other clubs see it too!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
LH
June 8, 2018, 11:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,590
Gold Stars: 175
I was hoping he would announce his contract had been extended tonight at the Trust quiz but either it hasn’t happened, couldn’t hear it or barralad had read the statement incorrectly like he had the questions.  
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.