Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
Brilliant!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
June 8, 2018, 4:38pm
Guest User
This man is very special!! GTFC need to keep hold of him!! Not only rebuilding the Club but rebuilding some faith into the Community!!

These gestures go a long way and will sell a number of STs.

Good luck to this gentleman too. Hopefully a speedy recovery and you can be back on the terraces of BP soon!!

Gleaming Michael, Gleaming!!

UTM
Reply: 2 - 50
MarinerMart
June 8, 2018, 4:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
been supporting town for 50 years.  this really is like a new beginning. not just on the pitch but off it. puts all the bad seasons in the past for me.  a new start without expecting too much in his first full season. no pressure from me for success Mr Jolley😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
toontown
June 8, 2018, 4:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Well done MJ, lovely gesture, genuine bit of thoughtfulness there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
Grumps
June 8, 2018, 5:08pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +357
What a true gent. Well done Michael
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
KingstonMariner
June 8, 2018, 5:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Is he making a pitch for MP?  

Nice one Michael.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
BottesfordMariner
June 8, 2018, 5:21pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
A nice gesture by MJ.

He should give lessons in PR to some of the others at GTFC. They could learn a lot form him. A class act.

I have to say the transformation in the club since he took charge is dramatic. Totally different feel about a place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
mimma
June 8, 2018, 5:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Could someone please explain what it is he's done for those of us who don't do Twitter.

Thank you
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 8, 2018, 5:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Can’t applaud MJ enough. He certainly isn’t like other managers He personifies utter class, I’ve never known a manager to come in and get the fans so on side. It’s hard to think only a few months ago we were stuck in an almost impossible situation with a manager nobody liked or wanted. I’ve not been this excited in a long time.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 8, 2018, 5:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Can’t applaud MJ enough. He certainly isn’t like other managers He personifies utter class, I’ve never known a manager to come in and get the fans so on side. It’s hard to think only a few months ago we were stuck in an almost impossible situation with a manager nobody liked or wanted. I’ve not been this excited in a long time.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
Mighty_Mariner
June 8, 2018, 5:32pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Fair play to him - winning the hearts and minds of the supporters is huge!

I did get my hopes up though when I saw the title that it was announcement that he'd signed a new, and extended contract.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
dapperz fun pub
June 8, 2018, 5:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Until he gets a promotion ( which won’t be long ) I can’t see anybody coming in for him , then watch the vultures swarm. Today yet again just shows he gets what this club means to it’s community
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
BackHeelTony
June 8, 2018, 5:52pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Good to see MJ now in charge of the club's PR!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
mrsd
June 8, 2018, 6:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +144
Have to go back to Lawrie Mac to find a manager who got so involved with the community
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
acko338
June 8, 2018, 6:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
If he has gone through GTFC history and seen Lawrie's work he will know how much the fans love genuine interactiions.

Excellent PR - if this goes on to.persuade signings to come here, we could be in for a really good season !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
hheh2
June 8, 2018, 7:13pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Michael Jolley's Black White Army!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
GTFC_85
June 8, 2018, 7:29pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +233
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from mimma
Could someone please explain what it is he's done for those of us who don't do Twitter.

Thank you

Maybe you should get with the times. We don't live in the world of newspapers and phone boxes no more. Like our club we all need to accept that the world and communications are moving on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
The Yard Dog
June 8, 2018, 7:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Micheal Jolley black and white army, is gathering monentum.

At this rate the first home game will be a sell out and hopefully for the rest of the season, cannot wait for the first away day of the season.

Robles mention in his interview about the fans, being loud and travel in their numbers, he will be amazed, when he witnesses it first hand.

Cannot remember the last time I was so excited about a new season.

Yes I am getting carried away at the moment, but thats the Jolley effect.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
Mighty_Mariner
June 8, 2018, 7:40pm
Pontoonite
Quoted from GTFC_85

Maybe you should get with the times. We don't live in the world of newspapers and phone boxes no more. Like our club we all need to accept that the world and communications are moving on.

Any need for that harsh response really??

So did that mean everybody must be on ALL social media platforms?

Perhaps some people don't want to live their life around Twitter and Instagram!

Maybe you should move with the times and talk to people like you would expect to spoken to yourself... Unless you're into people talking to you like a d**k!!!!!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
jock dock tower
June 8, 2018, 7:46pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's hard to understand what makes one individual so different to another. The difference between Jolley and Slade is chalk and cheese (and light years) One oozed contempt for the fans whilst Mike just gets it - what it means to be a Town fan. He also knows he has to try and get folk back onside who said they'd never set foot in BP again, and boy is he showing them he means business.

Football's a fickle business though, and it all doesn't go well for him at the start of the season - for whatever reason - he's building up a huge stockpile of brownie points. Keep it up Mike, even from 250 miles away I feel your love!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
promotion plaice
June 8, 2018, 7:48pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from GTFC_85

Luxury....we lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the road  

On a serious note well done MJ.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
June 8, 2018, 9:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Michael Jolley is obviously a nice guy, with the brains to go with it. He has a plan, the energy and the kudos to map out a road that will I am sure bring him and the club success. He knows how important fundamental things like good communications, respect for the paying customer and perhaps most importantly how big a part the club plays in peoples lives. A professional football club is often the heartbeat of the community and Michael Jolley, much to his credit gets that.

What I cannot understand for the life of me, is how the club has been quite unable to grasp these simple but crucial facts of life for so long. Compare and contrast the Boards behaviour at the infamous fans forum, to Michael Jolley's in dealing with the press, the fans and the players.

It seems as long as Michael Jolley is here, assuming things go reasonably well on the field, then the club will be invigorated, will be run in a courteous and professional manner, and I hope his influence permeates right throughout the club.

I am trying to put the Fenty years to the back of my mind, and like others am immensely looking forward to the new season. I just hope Mr. Fenty takes a back seat, right at the back, and let Michael Jolley get on with it. If Jolley can make us take off, the future will be a whole lot brighter.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Grim up north
June 8, 2018, 9:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
We've all gone from not renewing our season tickets in March to snapping them back up again this week. To keep us up was a miracle against teams with a need to beat us. I like the way he keeps the message simple and clear to the players and they looked fitter in the last month than I've seen in ages.Shankley and Laurie Mcmenemy went down in folklore here and this guy could be the best we've seen since the Kerr and Buckley years .... Christ knows we've been patient waiting for it to come.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
June 8, 2018, 9:22pm
Guest User
Can only echo what others have said about Michael Jolley. Really outstanding from him, the only fear I have is when he does well (not if) and moves on, will we be back to normal? Let's get him tied up on a long term deal, not now but when he is proven. Maybe Christmas time and keep the vultures away.
Reply: 24 - 50
Grim up north
June 8, 2018, 9:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +688
When you look at the odds of a successfull manager being appointed I can only remember 4 good uns in nearly 40 years of following Town so I like JF's rolling contract. That said MJ has saved us from certain relegation and is the first person I can remember who is uniting this town both on and off the pitch in my lifetime. For that reason for me the guy deserves a decent contract in place as soon as reasonably practicable and I'm sure JF knows this too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
HertsGTFC
June 8, 2018, 10:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Firstly I think he’s just a very legitimate guy with very good integrity, I sense his values around brining everyone together to move forward would be the same if he was working in a “normal” job as much as being manager of GTFC.

He has great PR but more importantly he backs it up with actions like visits to schools, working in the shop, quiz nights, today’s bit on Twitter and more importantly just being friendly open & honest.

His football education has been partly at the Dyche school of building, I hope we’ll benefit from that for a long while yet.

My view ? He believes in GTFC as long as he does that I’ll believe in him.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
GTFC_85
June 8, 2018, 10:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +233
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Any need for that harsh response really??

So did that mean everybody must be on ALL social media platforms?

Perhaps some people don't want to live their life around Twitter and Instagram!

Maybe you should move with the times and talk to people like you would expect to spoken to yourself... Unless you're into people talking to you like a d**k!!!!!

The point im making is whether you like it or not the world is digital and times have moved on. My tone was not meant to be rude. You calling me a d**ck was very constructive thank you.

It's the very fact that MJ is young and progressive is what we've been crying out for.

My response to the lady/gentleman was tending to criticism on the point that they were complaining MJ wouldn't visit them because they were not on Twitter...well how would he have known they were ill if not for social media?

Can't please everyone all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Mighty_Mariner
June 8, 2018, 11:20pm
Pontoonite
Quoted from 75
Can only echo what others have said about Michael Jolley. Really outstanding from him, the only fear I have is when he does well (not if) and moves on, will we be back to normal? Let's get him tied up on a long term deal, not now but when he is proven. Maybe Christmas time and keep the vultures away.

What if its too late by then?

What if we go off the league by Xmas and he's poached  away by a club higher up because the compensation figure is low? Look at when Wrexham boss Dean Keates was snaffled up by Walsall.... Wrexham were flying high, looked nailed in for the playoffs and then went on a massive downward spiral when he left!

Conversely, I understand the club but wanting to risk giving him a long-term deal only for it to go wrong but its a risk with taking IMO.

Fir me, MJ is an absolute gem and it won't be long before other clubs see it too!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
LH
June 8, 2018, 11:23pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I was hoping he would announce his contract had been extended tonight at the Trust quiz but either it hasn’t happened, couldn’t hear it or barralad had read the statement incorrectly like he had the questions.  
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
promotion plaice
June 8, 2018, 11:27pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

[/b]

What if its too late by then?

What if we go off the league by Xmas and he's poached  away by a club higher up because the compensation figure is low? Look at when Wrexham boss Dean Keates was snaffled up by Walsall.... Wrexham were flying high, looked nailed in for the playoffs and then went on a massive downward spiral when he left!

Conversely, I understand the club but wanting to risk giving him a long-term deal only for it to go wrong but its a risk with taking IMO.

Fir me, MJ is an absolute gem and it won't be long before other clubs see it too!

Let's just give Jolley a 3 year deal and if it doesn't work out we all agree JF isn't to blame this time if it all goes pear shaped.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
RonMariner
June 9, 2018, 10:05am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
A wonderful gesture.

Achieved a miracle last season. Making great signings this summer. Comes across as a really positive, honest and sincere bloke.

This guy really is something special.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
LondonMariner43
June 9, 2018, 10:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
My only worry at the moment is what happens if the team go through a bad patch?  How long before some fans start saying we’ve got an inexperienced manager, or that it’s ok to be nice but we need a manager who is tough etc.

I really hope the fans give Jolley time to build something - the signs are great so far!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
RoboCod
June 9, 2018, 10:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

What I cannot understand for the life of me, is how the club has been quite unable to grasp these simple but crucial facts of life for so long. Compare and contrast the Boards behaviour at the infamous fans forum, to Michael Jolley's in dealing with the press, the fans and the players.

In a nutshell Lew. Very well put.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
Rick12
June 9, 2018, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good on him

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
Rick12
June 9, 2018, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from LondonMariner43
My only worry at the moment is what happens if the team go through a bad patch?  How long before some fans start saying we’ve got an inexperienced manager, or that it’s ok to be nice but we need a manager who is tough etc.

I really hope the fans give Jolley time to build something - the signs are great so far!
Fair point.No manager is perfect and Iam sure he will make some mistakes.However early signs are that he will make more good choices than bad ones.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
grimsby pete
June 9, 2018, 10:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
What a really nice man,

Well Michael if you are ever in Suffolk I am recovering from knee replacement surgery,

You will be most welcome to pop in for tea.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
PrestwichMariner
June 9, 2018, 11:19am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 5
I'm in good health but if Michael is ever in Prestwich I'll happily treat him to a few beers just to say thanks for starting to restore faith in our club after years of hurt and decline!

Wearing badges is not enough in days like these!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
Ipswin
June 9, 2018, 12:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from LondonMariner43

I don't disagree but if the worst should happen and we are about to be relegated or worse we actually go down, do we really stick with him because he's a nice bloke who is trying to build something?

Surely going back down into non-league is a hanging offence isn't it, Slade was slaughtered for letting us get into the bottom six

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
ska face
June 9, 2018, 12:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,340
Gold Stars: 824
Jolley is currently setting the standard for ALL town employees in terms of effort and engagement. My only fear is that they’re going to flog him to death (those DVDs ffs) without learning any real lessons, and when the time comes that he’s not flavour of the month anymore (it will happen - we’re obviously going to have a poor spell), the club will struggle to keep enthusiasm up.  
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
barralad
June 9, 2018, 12:17pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
A lot of you will already know but Michael entered a team in the Trust quiz last night. Up until he came forward we were struggling for entries. Once we knew he was up for it the event sold out in 8 hours. Contrast that effect with previous encumbents of the managers seat.
Oh and I'm biased but he contributed massively to a very good night.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
davmariner
June 9, 2018, 2:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,860
Gold Stars: 75
Quoted from barralad
A lot of you will already know but Michael entered a team in the Trust quiz last night. Up until he came forward we were struggling for entries. Once we knew he was up for it the event sold out in 8 hours. Contrast that effect with previous encumbents of the managers seat.

Fantastic to hear. That’s exactly what you want from a manager. That willingness to go the extra mile.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
OllieGTFC
June 9, 2018, 4:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Definitely need a new song for this man, am sure someone will come up with something

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
HertsGTFC
June 9, 2018, 6:39pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from barralad

The difference between MJ and the last 2 managers is that he's doing what he talked about, he talks "community club" and the stuff like the quiz night etc.. just builds that kind of environment.

Long may it continue!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
moosey_club
June 9, 2018, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Definitely need a new song for this man, am sure someone will come up with something

Just recycle the Leary,  2 Unlimited based chant

Michael...Michael Michael..Michael Michael Michael... Michael  .. Jolley

repeat to death

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
June 10, 2018, 7:40am
Guest User
I hope that the people of Grimsby reciprocate the respect that   Michael and his family have given so far to this Club, Town and Community. Over a period of time, he will soon become attached to this place and, despite the annoying 6 month rolling contract, he will find it very hard to detach himself from the Club, despite interest elsewhere.

It’s no different from Macca, Shaun and Diz. All of these would have stayed with GTFC until they retired. That didn’t happen by chance, it happened because they immersed themselves into the community and became part of it. In the end, it was very difficult for them to leave, for them personally and for the fans.

I think that the difference with Michael Jolley is that he is an extremely intelligent man that understands the bigger picture. Of course he wants to be successful as a Football Manager but I honestly think he sees GTFC as a much bigger project than that. He wants to re-unite the whole community and Club and regenerate Grimsby through the focus of a Football Club. I would imagine that it’s very similar to Dyche at Burnley.

I hope that local businesses support him and his family in helping them settle in the area. That might be a car service, electrician, carpenter. I just hope that he is made to feel as welcome which will make it much harder for him to leave.

I think he will stay until he’s taken the Club as far as he can!!

It’s the ‘Jolley Effect’ that’s putting the buzz back around this place!!

In MJ we trust!!

UTM
Reply: 45 - 50
Maringer
June 10, 2018, 8:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I think Jolley is proving himself a very smart cookie so far. You don't get many chances at making it as a football manager these days, especially if you don't have the reputation of a playing career to fall back on. He's obviously realised he needs to do all he can both on and off the pitch and is working hard to make a go of things at GTFC.

A good idea at a club such as ourselves which always does best when things are in tandem both on and off the pitch.

Hope his signings and the on-pitch stuff works out as well as the off-pitch PR has done so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
Mariner55
June 10, 2018, 12:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +237
It's evident MJ 'gets' the importance and place of GTFC in the community of Grimsby, Cleethorpes etc.  I was wondering whether this has anything to do with the fact that he alluded in his initial interview that he had family in the Town and used to visit it as a youngster?  Does anyone know about MJ's Grimsby connection?  Could be significant.

Also, I assume he & his wife have now moved to the area?  Another important move.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
KingstonMariner
June 10, 2018, 1:16pm
Meths Drinker
I suspect a large part of why MJ 'gets it' is because he's from Barnsley. He would have seen the wreckage that the loss of a dominant industry has on a town, and how the football club can help create a sense of positivity if handled correctly.

I'm pretty sure that, like the Dog's Testicles said, that the people of the town will make him and his family feel welcome.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
mariner91
June 15, 2018, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
[tweet]1007594596442963968[/tweet]

If he delivers on the pitch like he's suggested he might at the tail end of last season then he is our next McMenemy. We've got to back this man.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
KingstonMariner
June 15, 2018, 5:50pm
Meths Drinker
More great work by Mr Jolley. Nice to see that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Michael Jolley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.