Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 295 Guests

Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)

This thread currently has 21,145 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
barrattstandman
June 5, 2018, 7:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
Dembeles agent has been touting him around apparently at £100000 . Snap anyone's hand off for anything near that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 117
Bigdog
June 5, 2018, 7:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Agree with DHM, FI and others who have taken a wider view of it. Not a major loss, but I don't understand the level of bitterness that's crept in. Touch of the Jilted John syndrome.

I sadly have to agree KM. The general tone of this thread doesn't show some of our fans in a favourable light. A bit diaappointing really when no-one on here is privy to the actual facts of the situation.. Huge negative assumptions being made without a shred of evidence..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 117
golfer
June 5, 2018, 7:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
If he wants out let him go his form dropped dramatically and a lot of it was down to attitude at his best a looked a lot better than league two. The bad side was his play acting and feigning injuries which at times was embarrassing also a total lack of interest when things were not going well. Did he really have that back problem??

FFS. I can't see how anybody could say he was feigning injury without knowing the facts.Every match I saw was him being kicked 10 feet in the air and not getting any protection-I don't think he would have to feign injury
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 117
Rick12
June 5, 2018, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from forza ivano

Agreed. One last point .haven't seen too much condemnation of Davis on this board, who has basically done the same thing to st.mirren
Cant say Ive heard of him Forza.But when you see a player in the flesh you can tell if they have something.

Dembele certainly had that.I think it was Coventry first game at home season just gone.Within 5 minutes of a few touches I liked him instantly and thought he was quality .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 117
rancido
June 5, 2018, 7:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Bigdog

I sadly have to agree KM. The general tone of this thread doesn't show some of our fans in a favourable light. A bit diaappointing really when no-one on here is privy to the actual facts of the situation.. Huge negative assumptions being made without a shred of evidence..

I don't know about assumptions but the evidence is as follows,

1/ Given a chance to play football at a league club under Russell Slade

2/ After a change of manager, he has his contract extended by a year.

3/ Decides, with a full year on his contract to run, to hand in a transfer request.

He has the chance of a full season to show the new manager what he can do but he wants out.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 117
lee65
June 5, 2018, 7:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Probably says more about a lot of what’s wrong with football these days, than about Dembele himself as a person.
We give a young lad a chance when he was going nowhere, he was exciting when we were clutching at straws for anything positive but not consistent, Agent in his ear, delusions of grandeur, and total lack of loyalty.

I have nothing against him personally, but **ck him if that’s the way it is, we will move forwards without him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 117
Rick12
June 5, 2018, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Can't say I'm disappointed, you have to ask why he was overlooked and never picked up by a bigger team in the first instance, okay, so he could dribble with the ball, skin the odd player or 2 but never had any consistency woth his end product,....plus I will always question his so called "back injury" that kept him out....honestly think he believes he's better than he really is....
Didnt he have some championship clubs interested in him but due to concerns over a pre existing injury didnt want to take a risk on him?

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 117
Skrill
June 5, 2018, 7:39pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
You watch Dembele leave and become a gem of a player. Like how Jackson is now a league 1 player  

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 117
HertsGTFC
June 5, 2018, 7:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Let him go, get the fee invest in players that want to play for us - Simple.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 117
MuddyWaters
June 5, 2018, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Skrill
You watch Dembele leave and become a gem of a player. Like how Jackson is now a league 1 player  

If he doesn't want to be here, he wouldn't be much use to us anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.