Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 268 Guests

Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)

This thread currently has 21,140 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
June 5, 2018, 5:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Get the best deal possible and move on - at least we should get a fee and need to seek add ons as well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 117
quebec38
June 5, 2018, 5:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,576
Gold Stars: 48
I would have liked to have kept him as I think he would have offered us something this coming season in what will hopefully a more confident side. However, I’m not overly fussed he is leaving and for a fee. He had nothing to do with our run at the end of the season. A player playing out of position kept him out of the side. For every time he put the ball through an opposition players legs, he lost the ball 10 times with a bad touch on the edge of the area. Undoubted skill but doesn’t haven’t the brain or mentality to match for me.
I won’t hold my breath expecting much of a fee. If we got anywhere near 100k I would be amazed.
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 117
Garth
June 5, 2018, 5:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Good technically however runs into trouble rather than passing the ball when it was painfully obvious thats what was required.
He could develop into a more than useful player at this level or one above,  due to youth being on his side, but would need a manager with the patience of Jobe.
I hope we overstate his strengths to prospective clubs and get decent offers, best of luck for the future Dembele, the requirements of Town are more than brilliance in flashes of play.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 117
Perkins
June 5, 2018, 5:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
He's not as good as he thinks he is, let him go. Yes, as a previous poster said " he gets us out of our seats" yes  he does for a few seconds  but  we are soon back on our ars*s  when he does nowt at the end of it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 117
Cloudy
June 5, 2018, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I think you could put together a good video of him to entice buyers.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 117
rancido
June 5, 2018, 5:47pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from acko338
Get the best deal possible and move on - at least we should get a fee and need to seek add ons as well.

I would like the club to play "hard ball " on any negotiations. We've nothing to lose and if a club does want him then they will pay. I'm not saying " ask for silly money " but obviously MJ saw him as part of our future plans so we should see what happens.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 117
BottesfordMariner
June 5, 2018, 6:17pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Bit disappointed all round with all this really.

The lad has talent and was one of the few who could get you put of your seat last season. Yes his form dipped a lot as the season wore on. In line with that of the team tbh. Reasons for this I am not sure but dont forget this was the young man's first season as a full time pro.  

I think some of the negativity aimed at him is unfair.

Disappointed we probably won't see how he could have worked with Jolley. Has his head been turned? Probably. People telling him he's better than what he actually is (at the moment anyway) He has a long way to go in terms of realising his potential.

Should he have shown more loyalty to the club that gave him his break in the professional game . Perhaps.

Loyalty? We all know there isnt any so we shouldnt be surprised. Disappointed yes. Surprised no.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 117
Pouton4ever
June 5, 2018, 6:36pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
It speaks volumes that Jolley not just activated the extra year for Max Wright but offered him two, and did not do the same for Dembele... That suggests how highly he is rated....

"The club triggered a year extension to his contract at the end of the season however, manager Michael Jolley has put trust in the youngster and offered him a new deal. "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 117
Grimal
June 5, 2018, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Doesn't want to be here, thinks he's better than what he is  and the money we get for him will help bring someone in that want's to play for the shirt. Bye bye.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 117
KingstonMariner
June 5, 2018, 7:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Agree with DHM, FI and others who have taken a wider view of it. Not a major loss, but I don't understand the level of bitterness that's crept in. Touch of the Jilted John syndrome.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.