Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 224 Guests

Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)

This thread currently has 21,137 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
June 5, 2018, 1:53pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Chrisblor
Clubs figured him out after a few games. The lad has a load of tricks but no end product and is easily kicked out of games by more physical players. If anyone offers us more than £50k for him I'd bite their hand off.

My thoughts exactly.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 117
RonMariner
June 5, 2018, 1:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,540
Gold Stars: 224
With a number of clubs expressing interest we should at least get a decent fee.

It's a shame, as I thought he had plenty of promise for Jolley to work on and develop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 117
moosey_club
June 5, 2018, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Would be gutted to see him leave really, the only player in the last couple of miserable seasons that could get me out of my seat and think something was going to happen .....
is he bigger than the club ?  of course not ...... if he doesn't want to be here should he go ? of course he should ...

if there are "several" teams looking at him then let a bidding war commence.....we dont have to sell him after all.........just make sure we have a whole bunch of watertight sell on clauses in there.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 117
Chrisblor
June 5, 2018, 1:57pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,760
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Agree with this apart from the 50k bit... that's nothing these days, we want 6 figures

Unlikely to happen with clubs knowing he only has 1 year left on his contract. They'd be free to offer him a deal for after next season from January anyway and any fee would be subject to a tribunal (and probably less than anything we could negotiate ourselves with a club during the transfer window this Summer)

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 117
1mickylyons
June 5, 2018, 2:03pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Very disappointed in the young man`s attitude with this towards the football club.I suspect the hand of an agent and sadly it`s the modern game to a tee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 117
diehardmariner
June 5, 2018, 2:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,413
Gold Stars: 532
I feel I should be more disappointed by this than I actually am.

His interviews with Humberside before the Coventry game in March pretty much confirmed that he/his agents had ideas a bit of their stations so this request hasn't really come out the blue.

As a club we've every right to feel a bit cheesed off having pulled a player from the scrapheap and given him a platform to perform on.  However, this also another example of a mistake made in the operational running of the club.  Everything I've read/seen/heard leads to the belief that Dembele was on a very basic contract here, something that you would expect from a first-year professional.   However within a few weeks of the season starting Dembele was a mainstay of the side, probably one of the first names on the team-sheet in fact.  You can't expect to keep someone on a wage that suggests they're a fringe player (at best) and then pin the hopes of the team on them and then get miffed when they say they want to head elsewhere.

That's not about money being the main motivator, it's about rewarding appropriately.  Dembele didn't turn into a bad player overnight, he was overplayed and probably got drunk off being the lowest paid player in the changing room.  As a 21-year-old, no doubt with an agent in his ear promising the world, he's going to have his head turned when there's no offer on the table here.  He was outstanding those first ten games, that seems to have been forgotten.  I'm not sure teams figured him out as such, they just figured us out and realised by doubling up on him they nullified our attacking threat.  

Properly managed, properly rested, properly coached and properly rewarded could have seen Dembele a better and happier player.  We'll never know but we didn't really try did we!

I think Jolley would have brought his game on an awful lot and got him shining again.  But he doesn't to be here so there you go.  
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 117
Theimperialcoroner
June 5, 2018, 2:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
Scunny £125k

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 117
jock dock tower
June 5, 2018, 2:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
No point in crying over spilt milk. Thanks for whatever you did in the black and white - or didn't do - but we move on. Get a fee and get one or two more committed types in, good business.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 117
ska face
June 5, 2018, 2:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,561
Gold Stars: 839
To borrow a phrase from Joey Barton - Demebele’s the Justin Beiber of football. Great on youtube but cat urine in reality.

Don’t want to be too tight on a 21-year-old, but I’d want a bit more fight and desire from someone with his talent. There are players who would take a game by the scruff of the neck and drive a team on but Dembele absolutely melted from December. Plenty of tricks in his locker, none as impressive as the disappearing trick he managed after Christmas.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 117
darren9
June 5, 2018, 2:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
Doubt we’ll get much of a fee. The player wants away and we haven’t developed him as a player. But any fee has to help with recruitment.

Despite him having the talent I echo most peoples sentiments that I’m not that bothered that he won’t be playing for us next season. He didn’t seem to have much end product and if he doesn’t want to be here then there’s no point in fighting it.

He can go and he’ll be replaced. I’d rather see max Wright progress in his position.

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.