Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 117 Guests

Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)

This thread currently has 21,161 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
June 5, 2018, 2:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 9
Bet it will be undisclosed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 117
Townee82
June 5, 2018, 2:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +87
To lightweight , couldn't cope with a strong challenge and after all the trickery didn t have the speed to leave the opponent behind , but very entertaining to watch in spells .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 117
forza ivano
June 5, 2018, 2:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,205
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from diehardmariner
I feel I should be more disappointed by this than I actually am.

His interviews with Humberside before the Coventry game in March pretty much confirmed that he/his agents had ideas a bit of their stations so this request hasn't really come out the blue.

As a club we've every right to feel a bit cheesed off having pulled a player from the scrapheap and given him a platform to perform on.  However, this also another example of a mistake made in the operational running of the club.  Everything I've read/seen/heard leads to the belief that Dembele was on a very basic contract here, something that you would expect from a first-year professional.   However within a few weeks of the season starting Dembele was a mainstay of the side, probably one of the first names on the team-sheet in fact.  You can't expect to keep someone on a wage that suggests they're a fringe player (at best) and then pin the hopes of the team on them and then get miffed when they say they want to head elsewhere.

That's not about money being the main motivator, it's about rewarding appropriately.  Dembele didn't turn into a bad player overnight, he was overplayed and probably got drunk off being the lowest paid player in the changing room.  As a 21-year-old, no doubt with an agent in his ear promising the world, he's going to have his head turned when there's no offer on the table here.  He was outstanding those first ten games, that seems to have been forgotten.  I'm not sure teams figured him out as such, they just figured us out and realised by doubling up on him they nullified our attacking threat.  

Properly managed, properly rested, properly coached and properly rewarded could have seen Dembele a better and happier player.  We'll never know but we didn't really try did we!

I think Jolley would have brought his game on an awful lot and got him shining again.  But he doesn't to be here so there you go.  

Lot of good points in there.
Don't think I'd be too interested in staying around if I was regarded as one of the best players but was being paid little more than minimum wage.
Only played in half the games under jolley s regime so you do wonder as to how upset m j will be over losing him especially when he knows there will be a fee that he could use to good effect.
Couple of other points.if jolle y wasn't that fussed about him maybe we only offered the bare minimum in the new contract?
We don't know how happy dembel  is.minimum wage,pokey little flat in cleethorpes ,agent doing his job, finding you a better deal.you d be stupid not to go with it.He's 21 and only just got into the pro game.He's got to take every chance he gets. Might even be someone like motherwell, double the money, chance to play in cup finals, Europe etc. and be close to his family.
I suspect mj didn't really 'fancy' him. If we get a decent fee and add on clauses then I'd wish him the best of luck and thank him for the only bits of skill shown by any gtf c player in the last 12 months. Hope he makes a success of things
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 117
LH
June 5, 2018, 2:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,528
Gold Stars: 173
I wonder if we’ll see any more news today to complete the ‘bathtub’ effect? Start high, bring everyone down to a low before bringing it back up to a high again.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 117
Les Brechin
June 5, 2018, 2:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
The player from the first half of last season is one hell of a player and should go far. However he's not one for showing any fight when it's needed and hardly played a part in our improved form at the end of the season.

If he's had his head turned by his agent then so be it but the lad certainly needs to get his act together when things aren't going well.

At least we should get a half decent fee for him if he does move on with a decent sell on clause IF he does go on to fulfil his early potential.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 117
promotion plaice
June 5, 2018, 2:41pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,076
Gold Stars: 198

Any cheap Dembele Town shirts for sale on ebay yet ?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 117
fiveallive
June 5, 2018, 2:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Good riddance to Dembele in his time here he never improved his finishing and could never cross a ball.

Best thing to do is get him out ASAP.

If we can get Ginnelly I think he is a better player anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 117
promotion plaice
June 5, 2018, 2:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,076
Gold Stars: 198
Quoted from fiveallive
Good riddance to Dembele in his time here he never improved his finishing and could never cross a ball.

Best thing to do is get him out ASAP.

Ginnelly has signed for Walsall.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 117
RonMariner
June 5, 2018, 2:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from fiveallive

Afraid not. He signed for Walsall today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 117
Rick12
June 5, 2018, 2:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Iam sorry to hear this but he is only protecting his own back.Club would do the same.

Thinks he can do better than us and get paid more which his undoubted ability has potential to do .

Good luck to him.

A joy to watch

Thanks Dembele

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 117
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele Transfer Request (Merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.