April 1, 2018, 12:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 30
RonMariner is not far off with my views on who to keep
I'd add RHJ to that list
Collins, Clarke and Davies will be gone and those under contract he doesn't want will be offered out or be paid up IMO

I think Jolley will go for hungrier, younger players - including non league - and he has a good knowledge of U23s having been boss of Burnley U23s

Next season's squad will bear no resemblance to this year's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
April 1, 2018, 12:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
Players will have to live within 1 hour of by.does that mean dannY Collins won't be here next year?

Let's hope not, he looks good on the ball but off the ball he's declining. He's nearly 38 I think.
Reply: 11 - 47
April 1, 2018, 12:30pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
The only new approach that will work for many is a complete change of leadership and direction.

I'll accept no less. He's had 14 years, I've had enough and I want him out. I will not go next season if he is involved in any way as it's a waste of time.
Reply: 12 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 1, 2018, 12:40pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 75

I'll accept no less. He's had 14 years, I've had enough and I want him out. I will not go next season if he is involved in any way as it's a waste of time.

I ask this just out of curiosity though - would you rather the club had Fenty who has money but spends it on the wrong things or someone else who has no money at all to spend on players?

I’m not saying I disagree at all about Fenty and his 14 years of crap but money matters especially to get decent players to come to the back of beyond. The words ‘rock’ and ‘hard place’ spring to mind.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
dapperz fun pub
April 1, 2018, 12:54pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82

I ask this just out of curiosity though - would you rather the club had Fenty who has money but spends it on the wrong things or someone else who has no money at all to spend on players?

I’m not saying I disagree at all about Fenty and his 14 years of crap but money matters especially to get decent players to come to the back of beyond. The words ‘rock’ and ‘hard place’ spring to mind.

With his money it’s hardly going great is it ?
The whole club needs restructuring from top to bottom , to many ex players and deadwood  involved in all areas from playing to commercial. We need fresh eyes on all of it non of which fenty would agree with so yes fenty out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 47
mariner91
April 1, 2018, 12:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261

How many times does this need to be stated. HE DOES NOT SPEND MONEY. He hasn't for years. Check the accounts, he has put no money into the club for donkey's years but has cost the club untold millions throughout his tenure.

There is absolutely no reason why a club that gets our gates (even this season's and they're down from last year) cannot be sustainable at this level. There are plenty of well run clubs that have no sugar daddies, get lower gates than we do and are out-performing us in virtually every way. It would need the right people in charge, with an actual plan to how we're going to move forward not just hoping for some "football fortune" and cutting costs at every opportunity. Not to mention that I reckon there'd be a significant increase in attendances in the short term if Fenty left. I know people who won't go whilst he's in charge and I'm sure just about everyone who posts on here does or at least know people who wont' go for much longer with him still pulling the strings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
chipsandgravy
April 1, 2018, 12:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,609
Gold Stars: 37
Regardless of what league we are in next season I will not give this current leadership any more of my hard earned money. The mistakes that have been made by them border on utter and complete incomptency and would not exist in any other serious business.
Only a complete change at the top and a wholesale change in attitude and direction would get me back on board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
Bigdog
April 1, 2018, 12:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

John Fenty hasn't put any money into the club for years and hasn't got the inclination to do so in the future. He spends the club's income. I'd rather someone else, wedged or not, allocate the income streams from the fans and the EFL much more skilfully than JF has ever done and a someone who the fans can believe in and promote a feeling of togetherness, not the constant us and them pesky fans..

Whatever happens, the groundswell of a completely fresh start won't go away, there isn't an ounce of appetite or goodwill left for a JF led GTFC..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
oldun
April 1, 2018, 12:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I think we can expect to see some younger fitter players with more pace. However I hope we can find a few experienced heads for the spine of the team, centre defence, centre mid and up top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
DocDock
April 1, 2018, 1:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +235
Gold Stars: 3

Accrington Stanley seem to manage ok on a budget far less than ours. Fenty’s had 14 years of being in charge and we’ve got worse in that time. If that meant several seasons of gradual improvement but playing in a lower league, with a board who have the nous of how to run a football club then i would be fine with that.

I too will not go back to Blundell park next season if we get relegated and Fenty is still in charge, Even if we somehow scrape to safety he needs an exit plan of when he’s leaving. Call it “Fexit”, if you will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next season - new approach

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.