This thread currently has 9,106 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
March 25, 2018, 9:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
All of what BigDog said. I'm just hugely disappointed that Dembele and a fair few others tbf haven't appeared to have gained a massive spring in their step after Slade was shown the door.

An unbelievably shallow pool of talent and professional attitude, making unattached clubless players with little match sharpness look an attractive alternative. How can that be  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
HertsGTFC
March 25, 2018, 11:01am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
My view on Dembelle?

Get him signed on the option thing and then sell him on. He was good for the first 3 months but has done very little since.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
Rick12
March 25, 2018, 11:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Dembele if he wants to I feel could play championship.Has a lot of ability and I still remember him at Coventry first home game of this season.Stood out from the first moment he touched the ball.I thought he was class.

As for his dip in his performances.Probably knows he can do do better than league 2 and certainly wont be with us if we are relegated.He probably does have his head turned by better offers which his undoubted ability merits .Personally cant blame him as football is a business and he has to do what is best for himself and his family.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
arryarryarry
March 26, 2018, 1:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from HertsGTFC
My view on Dembelle?

Get him signed on the option thing and then sell him on. He was good for the first 3 months but has done very little since.    

Most of our players have done very little since.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
promotion plaice
March 26, 2018, 1:49am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from HertsGTFC
My view on Dembelle?

Then let his wonderful agent find him another club.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
Mrs Doyle
March 26, 2018, 4:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To be fair if he had better players around him he would be more effective. Teams have the luxury of putting two or even three players on him due to our impotent midfield and attack. Thought Summerfield was helping him a lot but where is Summerfield is he injured still??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
Mrs Doyle
March 26, 2018, 4:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Approval: +4,859
To be fair if he had better players around him he would be more effective. Teams have the luxury of putting two or even three players on him due to our impotent midfield and attack. Thought Summerfield was helping him a lot but where is Summerfield is he injured still??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
Jarmo.Is.God
March 26, 2018, 8:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Dembele is a young lad extremely low on confidence.

His quick feet and fast driblbing use to get us past 2-3 men and then win a free-kick.

But now he gets past 1, ends up on his @rse, and thats it.

Also, when we dont have the ball, we almost have 10 men on the pitch, he does nothing to help us out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
arryarryarry
March 26, 2018, 9:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Dembele is a young lad extremely low on confidence.

His quick feet and fast driblbing use to get us past 2-3 men and then win a free-kick.

But now he gets past 1, ends up on his @rse, and thats it.

Also, when we dont have the ball, we almost have 10 men on the pitch, he does nothing to help us out

I think saying 10 men is clutching at straws.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.