jimgtfc
March 24, 2018, 3:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Sounded like a young naive lad who was hi jacked by a prepared clever journalist to me. At the minute he's obviously not sure what league we will be in. Might not be sure if Town will want to keep him and under a new manager not sure how he fits in to that. I'm not quite sure what else we can expect. At least he's not kissing the badge with crossed fingers.

Not for me. Evaded every question, didn’t sound happy here at all.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
jonnyboy82
March 24, 2018, 3:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
We have an option anyway dont we ? So tough titties what he thinks or wants , if we sell him then anything above 100k  would be decent for us as he is only potential material atm.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
VinnyGTFC
March 24, 2018, 3:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from jimgtfc

Not for me. Evaded every question, didn’t sound happy here at all.

The only thing he really evaded was which clubs were interested. He tried not to say too much but probably said more than he should. My son is not much younger than him and he would make £1000 in his back pocket sound like it was the worst thing in the world. You might be right but I wouldn't read too much into it I don't think
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
jimgtfc
March 24, 2018, 3:21pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

The only thing he really evaded was which clubs were interested. He tried not to say too much but probably said more than he should. My son is not much younger than him and he would make £1000 in his back pocket sound like it was the worst thing in the world. You might be right but I wouldn't read too much into it I don't think

Yeah maybe so, just hope he’s fully committed for the next 8 games at least.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
ginnywings
March 24, 2018, 4:08pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Perhaps that's why his form has dipped? Once serious interest in Bogle started, he went off the boil and his head was elsewhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
itsnotcoditshaddock
March 25, 2018, 7:54am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quoted from jimgtfc

Yeah maybe so, just hope he’s fully committed for the next 8 games at least.

Based on that interview I would say he couldn’t care less about GTFC and is just ambling to the end of the season. Should be dropped.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
March 25, 2018, 8:02am
Guest User
He needs to get some crosses in the box instead of a thousand stepovers. If the ball isn't in there, we won't ever score. What he does after May I don't really care at the moment.
Reply: 26 - 38
Jarmo.Is.God
March 25, 2018, 9:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
His off the ball movement is his main downfall.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
arryarryarry
March 25, 2018, 9:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 113
I've been a big fan of Dembele as he offered something different to what we had but have to say some of his performance yesterday was pretty poor and to be honest he does look like a player who doesn't want to be here.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
Bigdog
March 25, 2018, 9:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I'm going to try and defend the kid a little bit with a few unproven theories..

Right up until the Fans Forum the whole division was raving about him. Between then and the Morecambe game when he got injured was only a few short weeks of a dip in form for him along with the rest of the team. He says it's taken him this long to get his back 100% but his confidence is low and he needs to get back to where he was earlier in the season. Since he's been available to play after his injury he's been in and out the team and the team has been pants anyway.

It could be a lack of confidence in his back injury being fully healed..

It could be his performances are symptomatic of the whole mood at the club..

It could be that he's one of the lowest paid players at the club but its biggest asset and he's looking at players on four times as much as him lumbering around the pitch..

It could be that he didn't like how the club treated some of the players over the season..

It could be the fact that JF proudly said they can wait right until the end of the season before triggering the extra year on the contract. You know, keeping the lad on the lowest wages possible til the last minute to keep costs low rather than rewarding him with some fine performances by giving him a couple or three hundred quid pay rise to give him a spring in his step and feel valued..

It could be that he thinks the whole club is a basket case and he just wants to get out asap..

It could be he questions the club's ambition when selling off our better players in the January transfer window..

It could be a multitude of things that's affecting a young kid's performance in his first season at a professional football club. You can't say it's been a perfect environment for the lad..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.