4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
March 22, 2018, 10:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Anyone catch his interview with Humberside tonight?

Just caught a bit of it where he said there had been interest from some Championship and Premiership teams in the January window but felt it was the right time to stay.

Private Message
headingly_mariner
March 22, 2018, 10:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
If he hits a bit of form now he’s fit it could really help us stay up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
lukeo
March 22, 2018, 10:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,345
Gold Stars: 142
What a load of cobblers. No way near that standard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
chaos33
March 22, 2018, 11:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Given that he is completely unproven at L2 level - having a couple of promising moments in a game every 3 weeks not really being enough to establish credibility at any level, I'd be utterly astonished if any Championship or Premiership club was prepared to sign (and play) him on that basis.
Sure he looks to have great skill (at times). He has flashes of exciting and technical promise but how many times has he turned a game? Run a game? How many goals in L2? How many assists? Relatively speaking, he's done nothing in the game yet.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
ginnywings
March 22, 2018, 11:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from lukeo
What a load of cobblers. No way near that standard.

Not now, but potentially he is, and lot's of teams buy potential when it's still relatively cheap. Still only 21 and hasn't played 2 dozen games yet in his career. He was definitely being scouted and looked the part for a couple of months. It all caught up with him a bit as it so often does with young players at the beginning of their careers. Depends how he now develops.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
denni266
March 22, 2018, 11:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Good player when things come off, sadly that is not very often ,, does too much and runs more in too trouble and ends up giving ball away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
Tommy
March 22, 2018, 11:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from ginnywings

Not now, but potentially he is, and lot's of teams buy potential when it's still relatively cheap. Still only 21 and hasn't played 2 dozen games yet in his career. He was definitely being scouted and looked the part for a couple of months. It all caught up with him a bit as it so often does with young players at the beginning of their careers.

^ Fair assessment ^

It could also be that teams from a higher level might think he'd excel playing in a better team in a better division.

Even when he was in good form earlier in the season, he still didn't receive the ball in the opposition half, facing the opposition goal.

You could argue he's partly responsible for that. But you could also argue that we are not a team that dominate possession or can consistently progress controlled possession up the pitch in order to get players on the ball in the final third with suitable support around them.

Yeah he's inconsistent with decision-making as all players at this level probably are, particularly young players. But he does have some ability on the ball and could flourish in a team suited to his strengths. That team could well be us next season?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
KingstonMariner
March 23, 2018, 12:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think he's more likely to prosper with better players around him. Both in terms of receiving the ball and having someone to pass it on to. And also because he'll learn more. No sure who in our squad he could learn from. Davies maybe?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 38
Kris2
March 23, 2018, 12:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
He has a ton of potential and I think he's the type who will realise it. If he has better coaching and better players around him then he'll excel I'm sure. Still a young  player a team could pick up cheap and then loan him out for a season so he gets more games. I think in a couple of years of getting experience he'll be a really good player.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
jonnyboy82
March 23, 2018, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I like the lad i really i do and feel he could go to the championship but am afraid the lad is living off a few decent games the beginning of the season .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.