4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
March 23, 2018, 2:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,505
Gold Stars: 185
He's certainly got a lot of skill with the ball at his feet, but a lot of improvement is required in his general game before he can be thinking about playing at a higher level. His small and slight stature is going to count against him because he's not really quick in the way that some small players are - SWP for example.

Biggest thing he needs to do for me is improve his first touch a great deal and then work on his overall gameplay because he should really be looking for the pass much more often than he does. If the opposition know you're going to try and dribble past them every time you get the ball, you're too predictable - let the ball and your teammates do more of the work and keep them guessing.

Hopefully, we'll stay up this season and then sign some better midfielders so he gets the chance to receive the ball in more advanced areas of the field where he can do some damage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
Chrisblor
March 23, 2018, 4:19pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,811
Gold Stars: 234
I don't see how he's any better than someone like Dom Vose at this point. In fact you could argue that Vose offered much more end product than Dembele, and he's now slumbing it in a conference relegation fight.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
TheCodfather1966
March 24, 2018, 1:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
This is laughable, Dembele is not even playing well for us, he has no chance of playing in the Championship or Premier.  He is bog standard at best and so over rated in my opinion.  Would he have got into a successful Buckley team............  not a chance....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
promotion plaice
March 24, 2018, 2:57pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Just heard the Dembele interview on Hullberside.........doesn't sound like he will be here next season  

We need to make sure we get a fee for him if we can.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Mighty_Mariner
March 24, 2018, 2:59pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
What did he say Promotion Plaice?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
Mighty_Mariner
March 24, 2018, 3:00pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Also, don't we have an option on his contract for next season? So if MJ wants him here, then he will be!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
jimgtfc
March 24, 2018, 3:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Just heard the interview on RH, didn’t sound committed to the club one little bit. Sounded to me like he wanted out in January, also seemed like he doesn’t want the club to extend his deal and I highly doubt he’ll be here in August no matter what league we end up in.

Also regarding the Prem/Championship interested, I wonder wether they were Scottish teams. He’s played up there and if that clause hasn’t been activated then they could’ve approached him from January 1st onwards to sign him on a pre contract agreement in July.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
gtfcmd
March 24, 2018, 3:02pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +210
Gold Stars: 3
he obviously thinks he better than what he is probably shrewsbury bound money talks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
promotion plaice
March 24, 2018, 3:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
What did he say Promotion Plaice?

He was evasive on nearly every question put to him and seemed to be controlled by his agent.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
VinnyGTFC
March 24, 2018, 3:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +126
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from jimgtfc
Just heard the interview on RH, didn’t sound committed to the club one little bit. Sounded to me like he wanted out in January, also seemed like he doesn’t want the club to extend his deal and I highly doubt he’ll be here in August no matter what league we end up in.

Also regarding the Prem/Championship interested, I wonder wether they were Scottish teams. He’s played up there and if that clause hasn’t been activated then they could’ve approached him from January 1st onwards to sign him on a pre contract agreement in July.

Sounded like a young naive lad who was hi jacked by a prepared clever journalist to me. At the minute he's obviously not sure what league we will be in. Might not be sure if Town will want to keep him and under a new manager not sure how he fits in to that. I'm not quite sure what else we can expect. At least he's not kissing the badge with crossed fingers.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.