Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from the pub...
Users Browsing Forum
CrannyMariner and 366 Guests

Just back from the pub...

This thread currently has 19,343 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
March 18, 2018, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
I didn't think you actually played that bad, but I was not sure what, as a team you were trying to do. No pattern or style of play. Playing for set pieces, and long throws..

Thought your lad that played more centrally up front had a decent touch, but the black fella up front and your left back were two of the worst professionals I have seen. Your keeper might be a decent shot stopper but, wow, his kicking.

You will stay up though. Mainly I think because Chesterfield won't claw back the points..
Going to need to perform miracles in the summer though I think to stay up next year.

I had a really good look at Matt (the lad up front you mention) yesterday, when all hope of a positive result had gone. It was quite comical in a bizarre sort of way just how bad he is. He cannot seem to run properly, almost like he is running on tip toes, and doesn't seem to have any balance.

His touch is practically non existent and never seems to be anywhere near the goal. Something badly amiss there, he cannot have been this bad all his career, surely?  
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 97
chelseacity
March 18, 2018, 11:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
That Matt & Hooper would struggle to get into a local Sunday league team, they must be the worst so called Pro's i have ever seen in 55 years of watching GTFC & other football teams.  I would suggest throw all caution out of the window & pile everyone forward & attempt to score 3 goals in the remaining games, failure to do so could well see us relegated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 97
arryarryarry
March 18, 2018, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116

I had a really good look at Matt (the lad up front you mention) yesterday, when all hope of a positive result had gone. It was quite comical in a bizarre sort of way just how bad he is. He cannot seem to run properly, almost like he is running on tip toes, and doesn't seem to have any balance.

His touch is practically non existent and never seems to be anywhere near the goal. Something badly amiss there, he cannot have been this bad all his career, surely?  

I was very surprised Jolley took Cardwell off and left that clown up front as our only striker.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 97
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 18, 2018, 4:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was very surprised Jolley took Cardwell off and left that clown up front as our only striker.

Said exactly the same to my brother when the teams came back out. Not the answer for our goal scoring problem but the only forward we have who gives 100% all the time and can actually control and hold the ball up is Vernon. Maybe Vernon and a more mobile player like Cardwell/Jackson would give us better options.

However, still need a midfield capable of creating something for the forwards to feed off and the only available option that has not been tried is McAllister so the mystery surrounding him continues. Think we need Clifton more central and whilst Summerfield remains injury I would play Woolford before Berrett simply because he is a better footballer. We could then do with a rejuvenated Dembele or DJ to give us width and pace.

On a positive note think Hall-Johnson is showing potential and had great run and cross in the first half. Given we were told by MJ he wanted athletic players his substitutions were a surprise but I accept he is probably searching for a formula that probably does not exist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 97
Tommy
March 18, 2018, 6:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Just watched the highlights properly on the YouTube channel.

After the 2nd goal Collins gives Clarke a bit of advice on what he should have done and then glanced over at him again not looking best pleased with him.

So much wrong with the defending on all the clips were Lincoln were attacking. And i dont just mean the defence.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 97
friskneymariner
March 18, 2018, 6:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
After watching the highlights,it appears the same old problem everybody back behind the ball  defending as soon as it is cleared goes to one of their players who just puts it back into the mix.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 97
RoboCod
March 18, 2018, 7:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Sounds like we need a good communicator at the back to compliment Collins, with boundless energy and never say die attitude.
Someone like Pearson

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 97
dapperz fun pub
March 18, 2018, 7:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from RoboCod
Sounds like we need a good communicator at the back to compliment Collins, with boundless energy and never say die attitude.
Someone like Pearson

But slade told us at the fans forum Clark was better than Pearson

If only we had Shaun back you bald headed illegitimate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 97
RoboCod
March 18, 2018, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

But slade told us at the fans forum Clark was better than Pearson

If only we had Shaun back you bald headed illegitimate

You lose trust in solid trustworthy central defenders, you lose trust!

Very surprised to learn Keates has left Wrexham, doing well in 4th place. Want to come back Shaun?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 97
Bigboy
March 18, 2018, 9:11pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +158
Quoted from Tommy
Just watched the highlights properly on the YouTube channel.

After the 2nd goal Collins gives Clarke a bit of advice on what he should have done and then glanced over at him again not looking best pleased with him.

So much wrong with the defending on all the clips were Lincoln were attacking. And i dont just mean the defence.

Exactly time and again Clarke gets pulled out of position and easily beaten. This time he went wide into full back territory, was beaten so easily and of course wasn't in the middle to defend the cross which was put away with ease. That's what Collins was upset about. Clarke does not set a good example as captain.
And this thing having all players back for corners? Too many is bad - the penalty area is a sea of bodies which unsights the keeper and a shot from outside the area is almost certain to be deflected - exactly what happened for the first goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from the pub...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.