Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from the pub...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 242 Guests

Just back from the pub...

This thread currently has 19,345 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
March 17, 2018, 8:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

. Guy is anew Manager who quite rightly has tried out some different players and formations. .

I'm not sure who 'Guy' is but if he has tried out different players how come you go on to slate his selection of Matt Collins and Clarke and how come reports from those who attended today call it 'hoofball' and 'same old' or 'no change' in respect of tactics and formation and more inportantly perhaps lack of effort.

If he is to be any good to us Jolley has to produce with what he has got. Surely he was employed primarily to keep us up, not to create a team for the National League. Lets hope he can do it.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 97
louth_in_the_south
March 17, 2018, 8:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,682
Gold Stars: 96
Gtfc are in the position they are because of 1 reason .

The man at the top .

He should never have appointed Slade .

But he did .

Then he didn’t back him in the summer .

Then he made slade get the main assets off the wage bill .

Then he tried to blag the fans with a BS PR statement about backing slade  

Then we fell off the cliff

Then he panicked and sacked slade

Then he hoped for a miracle

Now we’re looking at another relegation to non league under his tenure .

Enough is Enough Fenty

Start packing your bags you’re a failure

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 97
Cayman_mariner
March 17, 2018, 8:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +483
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Gtfc are in the position they are because of 1 reason .

The man at the top .

He should never have appointed Slade .

But he did .

Then he didn’t back him in the summer .

Then he made slade get the main assets off the wage bill .

Then he tried to blag the fans with a BS PR statement about backing slade  

Then we fell off the cliff

Then he panicked and sacked slade

Then he hoped for a miracle

Now we’re looking at another relegation to non league under his tenure .

Enough is Enough Fenty

Start packing your bags you’re a failure

Louth, you missed out the bit about blaming ITV Digital.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 97
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 8:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Cayman_mariner

Louth, you missed out the bit about blaming ITV Digital.

And p1ssing away the Omar money

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 97
friskneymariner
March 17, 2018, 8:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Just show the character of the man,when the going gets tough he disappears.

Mr Fenty if you had one ounce of integrity you wold make a statement accepting responsibility for our current position.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 97
LH
March 17, 2018, 8:35pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,509
Gold Stars: 173
Well, I reckon we’re copulated but while we’ve still got a chance I’ll back them. The short space of time in which we conceded the goals really killed it. What a fine job Slade and ‘the club’ have done with recruitment this season, eh?

Got to say Lincoln are streets ahead of us in most respects now. I hope ‘some people’ are sitting at home wondering why Lincoln’s fanbase is probably 10-20 years younger than ours as an average, why their ground is full despite achieving no more thus far than we did last season etc etc.

That said there was some odd stuff about them. Firstly the mosaic was impressive - although maybe a bit imperial Japan - but what was that banner about? You’ve been better than us three seasons in the last eight - the shadow is near enough non-existent. What was that hideously overweight div in front of the 617 lot doing with a town shirt? Thanks for the money for buying it but your interpretive dance could do with some work because it wasn’t clear what was going on.

Lastly yes they have got big crowds and fair play to them for attracting them back but they were fairly quiet for the majority of the game. I was expecting big things really and it would have been good if we hadn’t have been so excrement so we could have had a bit of singing contest or whatever. After the game I experienced an odd atmosphere among their fans.

Coming out of BP you come across real salt of the earth type people, swearing, occasionally arguments and disagreements etc. Coming out of the ground amongst their fans today I could have been in Tescos. Nothing I heard then would indicate football fans to me. We are a completely different type of person to them generally. I prefer our hardier, more partisan way.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 97
AndyGTFC
March 17, 2018, 8:39pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
Same game as always. Wasn't really a fan of the team but to be fair, it's the same old story whoever we play. Started off alright, capitulated when we conceded and then it became a nothing game because we create naff all.

Lincoln were bang average today but probably had one of their easier afternoons of the season. Worrying times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 97
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 8:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from LH
Well, I reckon we’re copulated but while we’ve still got a chance I’ll back them. The short space of time in which we conceded the goals really killed it. What a fine job Slade and ‘the club’ have done with recruitment this season, eh?

Got to say Lincoln are streets ahead of us in most respects now. I hope ‘some people’ are sitting at home wondering why Lincoln’s fanbase is probably 10-20 years younger than ours as an average, why their ground is full despite achieving no more thus far than we did last season etc etc.

That said there was some odd stuff about them. Firstly the mosaic was impressive - although maybe a bit imperial Japan - but what was that banner about? You’ve been better than us three seasons in the last eight - the shadow is near enough non-existent. What was that hideously overweight div in front of the 617 lot doing with a town shirt? Thanks for the money for buying it but your interpretive dance could do with some work because it wasn’t clear what was going on.

Lastly yes they have got big crowds and fair play to them for attracting them back but they were fairly quiet for the majority of the game. I was expecting big things really and it would have been good if we hadn’t have been so excrement so we could have had a bit of singing contest or whatever. After the game I experienced an odd atmosphere among their fans.

Coming out of BP you come across real salt of the earth type people, swearing, occasionally arguments and disagreements etc. Coming out of the ground amongst their fans today I could have been in Tescos. Nothing I heard then would indicate football fans to me. We are a completely different type of person to them generally. I prefer our hardier, more partisan way.

Good post LH I believe the guy with the Town shirt was Matt Rhead's body double.

Their bubble will burst one Saint Danny & Nicky leave for bigger things, which inevitability they will.

BTW I never realized what a moaning tw@t Danny Cowley is, as time he was jumping around like a "competitive" dad at a kids game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 97
LH
March 17, 2018, 9:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,509
Gold Stars: 173
Almost forgot: the sniffer dog at the gate jumped on me today. I was wearing my farmer rig of a wax Barbour and a flat cap that I usually wear on the fields with the dog. The handler pulled me to one side for a search to which I said “it’ll be dog treats”. He replied “oh yeah, that old chestnut”. Search revealed I was carrying three carrier bags and - you guessed it - dog treats. The security team have had Lincoln’s pants down if they’ve convinced them they are using trained dogs as properly trained dogs would ignore treats and only respond to pyro or drugs.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 97
lew chaterleys lover
March 17, 2018, 9:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Good post LH I believe the guy with the Town shirt was Matt Rhead's body double.

Their bubble will burst one Saint Danny & Nicky leave for bigger things, which inevitability they will.

BTW I never realized what a moaning tw@t Danny Cowley is, as time he was jumping around like a "competitive" dad at a kids game.

Yes that was very noticeable. The Cowleys took charge of the the pre match warm up. Both brothers ran the game from the touchline, and have obviously instilled into their players how to manage a game, by slowing it down at the right times, to press home any advantage. They were the main crowd cheerleaders and seemed to be in complete control of the club from top to bottom.

Good luck to them I say, although it would get on my nerves pretty quickly if the manager was jumping about like that all the time.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from the pub...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.