Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from the pub...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 236 Guests

Just back from the pub...

This thread currently has 19,340 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
chicaneuk
March 17, 2018, 6:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Sorry guys - turning on the manager TWO WEEKS into the job is just unfathomable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 97
lukeo
March 17, 2018, 6:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
Imps and Grimsby fans, what was the atmosphere inside the ground like? I miss a good local Derby.. Hope their wasn't to much hastle or trouble,  I've only seen 1 video which wasnt much, couple people bouncing, 1 punch thrown. Hope it went well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 97
sam gy
March 17, 2018, 7:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from chicaneuk
Sorry guys - turning on the manager TWO WEEKS into the job is just unfathomable.

It’s just flipping boring.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 97
sam gy
March 17, 2018, 7:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from sam gy

Who would you have gone with, Vernon or Hooper?

No answer on this one yet, but to my mind they were the only other forwards available for selection today.

Basically our squad is very bad, it’s no use slagging off our brand new manager. I’m not convinced any other selection would have done any better today.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 97
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 7:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Ipswin

He's going to do intercourse all. And can we afford to give him a transfer window, we'll be in the bloody Conference again by then

I thought the new manager supposed to be coming in to save us from relegation, that's why every fornicator was whining and moaning about how long it was taking to appoint someone. This bloke is is not going to do that in fact he's going to do nothing different to what Wilko could have done if he had been left in charge until May

Sure blame Slade all you like, it probably is all down to him, but Jolley isn't going to make any difference whatsoever but suddenly people appear to be prepared to accept relegation because 'he's new' and we have to 'give him a chance'

Put it how you like if we go down he's failed just like Wilko would probably have done, nothing has changed

girl private

What a complete load of sh1te!

Did you go today?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 97
Maringer
March 17, 2018, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from chicaneuk

Nah, just messageboard syndrome. People get worked up when reading the same stuff again and again on forums. Where you'd once have had  moan with your mates at the pub and forgotten about by the next day, you can now spend all night reinforcing whichever mood has taken you.

That said, even if we don't ultimately stay up, I'd expect to see a decent improvement before the end of the season, because otherwise, what's the point in making the change?

In Jolley's defence as regards his selection of the usual suspects, I doubt there are many managers who would come in and no select their most experienced players who have hundreds of appearances at a higher level between them. Not to mention that we're not exactly packed with alternatives who look like they might make much of an improvement.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 97
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 7:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Impish2

No gloating from me, a game played in terribly windy conditions. The main difference for me is we coped better with the wind when we were against it than you did. I didn't think Town were that bad but we were def more clinical.

I'd definitely agree especially with the bit in bold, apart from Lincoln having better players than us in many parts of the pitch today they also have a couple of  things in spades that we lack - confidence and belief. They are a club on the up based on some solid investment and a robust plan we are a rudderless shambles ATM on and off the pitch.  

I did worry when I saw the selection but up until the 1st goal we did o.k. then a 10 minute collapse did for us. Even going in at 3 -1 we didn't/don't have the legs to come out and generate and tempo and in the final 3rd in front of goal we look like 6 years old kids with no positional sense crowding around the ball and just snatching at it.

I get MJ has nothing to work with and is still finding his feet but unless they where injured I'm not sure why he took off Cardwell ahead of Matt and RHB to add the anonymous Rose alongside the even more anonymous Berret. Though I would say McSheffery looks like he still has a little bit left to give and if Fox can get fitter he'd be one for next season,

Woolford, Clarke and Collins perfectly illustrate that there are too many players in this team that are either too old or not good enough and inevitably   will take us down, a few weeks ago when I hadn't faced up to reality I spouted I could do another non league stint, now though as it approaches reality I'm not sure.

UTM!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 97
Ipswin
March 17, 2018, 7:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What a complete load of sh1te!

Did you go today?

Of course I flipping didn't which is why I have made no comment whatsoever on individual players

I comment merely on remarks from those who were unfortunate enough to be there, that absolutely nothing had changed, there was a high degree of hoofball and little else. No sign of anything different tactics wise and apparently little extra effort despite the new managers motivational skills

I appreciate he is stuck with a shite squad which he can't do much about signings wise but he has been employed to change things in areas he can affect and to keep us in this league. So far he shows no sign of achieving either and if he doesn't he will have done nothing Wilko couldn't . Of course if he fails he will be able to blame Slade in fact I suspect we will be blaming failure on Slade for as long as Fenty blames the ITV cash fiasco

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 97
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 17, 2018, 8:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from Ipswin

He's going to do intercourse all. And can we afford to give him a transfer window, we'll be in the bloody Conference again by then

I thought the new manager supposed to be coming in to save us from relegation, that's why every fornicator was whining and moaning about how long it was taking to appoint someone. This bloke is is not going to do that in fact he's going to do nothing different to what Wilko could have done if he had been left in charge until May

Sure blame Slade all you like, it probably is all down to him, but Jolley isn't going to make any difference whatsoever but suddenly people appear to be prepared to accept relegation because 'he's new' and we have to 'give him a chance'

Put it how you like if we go down he's failed just like Wilko would probably have done, nothing has changed

girl private

Ipswin you are just a twit who Fenty summed up perfectly. Guy is anew Manager who quite rightly has tried out some different players and formations. Maybe he is a bit brighter than you, not flipping difficult, and come those crucial fixtures he will have a better idea of his preferred team.

Positively he makes changes and tries to influence a game much more so than other Managers, the big negative is his selection of Matt who is clueless & I honesty think Hooper and Cardwell may prove a useful partnership.

Today’s game emphasised our big problem which is Clarke & Collins, they are so slow in speed and thought that that we continually come under pressure when it’s not justified. No creativity no forward with any form of presence and if Jolley keeps us up he should win Manager of the year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 97
Hagrid
March 17, 2018, 8:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,387
Gold Stars: 532
Id like to add how the intercourse did woolford miss from 2 years in the 1st half. Easier to score and he hit the post
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from the pub...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.