Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from the pub...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 289 Guests

Just back from the pub...

This thread currently has 19,346 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 9:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
The other thing that p1ssed me off today was that fukin air raid siren every time they got a set piece or a corner.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 97
Gaffer58
March 17, 2018, 9:17pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33

Yes that was very noticeable. The Cowleys took charge of the the pre match warm up. Both brothers ran the game from the touchline, and have obviously instilled into their players how to manage a game, by slowing it down at the right times, to press home any advantage. They were the main crowd cheerleaders and seemed to be in complete control of the club from top to bottom.

Good luck to them I say, although it would get on my nerves pretty quickly if the manager was jumping about like that all the time.

If we were in a playoff place I would let the manager walk round his touch line area in a mankini, thank goodness it's not fatty Evans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 97
louth_in_the_south
March 17, 2018, 9:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Cayman_mariner

Louth, you missed out the bit about blaming ITV Digital.

Oh yeah sorry .

Then he lived off the itv digital failure for 15 years

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 97
mariner83
March 17, 2018, 9:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from LH
Almost forgot: the sniffer dog at the gate jumped on me today. I was wearing my farmer rig of a wax Barbour and a flat cap that I usually wear on the fields with the dog. The handler pulled me to one side for a search to which I said “it’ll be dog treats”. He replied “oh yeah, that old chestnut”. Search revealed I was carrying three carrier bags and - you guessed it - dog treats. The security team have had Lincoln’s pants down if they’ve convinced them they are using trained dogs as properly trained dogs would ignore treats and only respond to pyro or drugs.

If that's the same one I saw going in, it came up to me and let me scratch it behind the ears   cute but I don't think it was a bona fide sniffer dog.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 63 - 97
Grantley
March 17, 2018, 9:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Stewards were awful today. Telling us to sit in our seats 70 minutes before KO, as it would cause ‘chaos’ otherwise. Just generally being nit-picky, with showing tickets after every toilet trip.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 97
Mrs Doyle
March 17, 2018, 9:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from chicaneuk
Sorry guys - turning on the manager TWO WEEKS into the job is just unfathomable.

DONT APOLOGISE  CHICANEUK FFS It is unbelievable the amount of shat SOME of you lot spout on here.

The guy has only just got in the job he knows nothing about the players and has no time to experiment yet you have already condemned him.

Sometimes I think Hurst was right this club is so toxic inside and outside.

"All town are we"???  UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 97
HertsGTFC
March 17, 2018, 9:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228

Yes that was very noticeable. The Cowleys took charge of the the pre match warm up. Both brothers ran the game from the touchline, and have obviously instilled into their players how to manage a game, by slowing it down at the right times, to press home any advantage. They were the main crowd cheerleaders and seemed to be in complete control of the club from top to bottom.

Good luck to them I say, although it would get on my nerves pretty quickly if the manager was jumping about like that all the time.

Cowley looked like a 4th Division Klopp at times today, what p1ssed me off was the ref being sucked in by their players (Rhead) going down with what looked like head injures when Town got a break on, the Rhead one was shocking but a few of the tried it. Their players do that because they have been told to I'm afraid.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 97
Grimbiggs
March 17, 2018, 10:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
We haven't managed to beat Crewe, Morecombe, Port Vale or any other relegation struggler in recent months, why all of a sudden do people expect us to beat a team who's been around the play-offs all season, whether they're local rivals or not?....outcome was pretty much certain this afternoon before we even kicked a ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 97
moosey_club
March 17, 2018, 10:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226

a manager trying to manage the game...fancy that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 97
Mariner93er
March 17, 2018, 10:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
There were times today were clifton was looking around at pros nearly 20 years older than him, shaking his head in disbelief at how excrement they were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 97
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back from the pub...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.