Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 321 Guests

I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....

This thread currently has 7,064 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
headingly_mariner
March 4, 2018, 12:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
I was in the stand in utter disbelief that the man causing our problems was being paraded as a hero. He's still here and making the same mistakes that took us out the league the first time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
louth_in_the_south
March 4, 2018, 12:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
I’m such an attention seeker that I’ve brought this back to everyone’s attention if that makes sense .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
louth_in_the_south
March 4, 2018, 12:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
After watching that video again all I can say is thank fook there is only 1 John fenty

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
OllieGTFC
March 4, 2018, 8:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Tell me i am wrong but didn’t the board say we will be quality signings when Slade was in charge ? Maybe MJ will get the better players in for good value for money, you never know he might turn to overseas players

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Mrs Doyle
March 4, 2018, 8:34am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I sit in the main stand and often hear one big loud-mouthed goon above all others that goon on the board.

Next season I will be moving away from the mouth of the Humber.

Sits there giving it big to the opposition managers if only he could hear his own voice or maybe that is the problem arrogant prat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
Bigdog
March 4, 2018, 9:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
If we had to get rid of our best players in January, it only goes to show that there isn't enough investment or forward thinking in the boardroom. First instinct always is to cut costs rather than explore how to increase income or investment to accommodate the cost of talent we need to move forward. It is a fact that GTFC can only have successful seasons in non league when the cloth is cut to JF's pocket or methodology, and even then it's down to having one of the largest incomes based on fan contribution. Half the clubs in League One operate on gates of less than 5k, never mind all but a handful in League Two. The club is bankrupt of cash and bankrupt of ideas to effect a radical change. Part of me still thinks that JF doesn't want to get out as much as he protests. Hopefully over time MJ will completely refresh the playing side. To build on this exciting appointment, I hope the board don't sit on their laurels and press ahead as promised to address the shortcomings of the club on the non playing side..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
RoboCod
March 4, 2018, 9:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
After watching that video again all I can say is thank fook there is only 1 John fenty

Yeah but we really showed Bournemouth that day. How to survive, learn lessons, bond together and move onto bigger, better things. Where are they now eh?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
Rodley Mariner
March 4, 2018, 10:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
It feels to me like the decision has been made that there will be no further investment. We don't seem to have the budget you'd expect for a club who sold a player for £1million just over a year ago. At a guess was a decision made in Jan to cut costs to attempt to break even on the basis of dwindling attendances and no cup runs? Would explain the reticence to sack Slade and perhaps driven by a false perception of safety.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
mariner91
March 4, 2018, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
It feels to me like the decision has been made that there will be no further investment. We don't seem to have the budget you'd expect for a club who sold a player for £1million just over a year ago. At a guess was a decision made in Jan to cut costs to attempt to break even on the basis of dwindling attendances and no cup runs? Would explain the reticence to sack Slade and perhaps driven by a false perception of safety.

It'll be interesting to see how much money is taken out by directors this season...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
Rodley Mariner
March 4, 2018, 10:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I don't think there will be much to take will there? No Wembley, negligible player sales income, no cup runs, dwindling attendances. I wonder if it's more a case of not having to prop up a loss and see loans increase?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.