Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 263 Guests

I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....

This thread currently has 7,063 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
March 3, 2018, 7:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
I’ll never forget the sight of fenty being carried around the pitch at Bournemouth thinking he was billy big time . All I was thinking was you’re a t.wat .

And I still think that

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 47
Cambs Mariner
March 3, 2018, 7:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from RonMariner

I think we can all agree he has a massive job on.

I am not sure we can stay up with the players we have available. The squad needs almost a total  clear out and start again from scratch. It may be that the rebuild will happen in the conference rather than L2. I hope not, but Slade and Wilkinson have destroyed our prospects. the pair of them should never darken out doors again.

The board are the ones who appointed them. It is there bad decisions over the years that have dragged this club down to this level. 3 of the directors have put next to sodomist all into the club. They along with the one who has put money into the club. the decision maker have ripped the heart out of the club I love. I will never forgive them for this. The day they leave this club will be the day that GTFC will be able to look forward until then these idiots will carry on destroying the club. It feels like it is deliberate to me.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 47
MuddyWaters
March 3, 2018, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Cambs Mariner

The board are the ones who appointed them. It is there bad decisions over the years that have dragged this club down to this level. 3 of the directors have put next to sodomist all into the club. They along with the one who has put money into the club. the decision maker have ripped the heart out of the club I love. I will never forgive them for this. The day they leave this club will be the day that GTFC will be able to look forward until then these idiots will carry on destroying the club. It feels like it is deliberate to me.

Nothing to add - the day that Fenty, Day, Marley & Chapman have nothing to do with running GTFC cannot come soon enough.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 47
Davec
March 3, 2018, 9:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Come on then come clean, who on here carried Fenty shoulder high at Bournemouth?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 47
March 3, 2018, 9:23pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Can anyone ever remember a time when GTFC fans would have been thrilled with the appointment of a manager with no experience of managing in English league football?

The 9 months of Slade have ripped the guts out of any positivity created by a promotion that's less than 2 years ago. It begs the question to the board ' WTF were you thinking?'

Good luck Michael - you've got one hell of a job in front of you, completely created by the board's previous appointment.

Paul Hurst

Reply: 14 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
March 3, 2018, 9:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Davec
Come on then come clean, who on here carried Fenty shoulder high at Bournemouth?

Not me I was in the stands shaking my head in disbelief. Not at the fans who were joyous, but in Fenty in putting himself in that position. That one instance tells you all you need to know about the mindset of the man.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 47
Tommy
March 3, 2018, 9:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Can anyone ever remember a time when GTFC fans would have been thrilled with the appointment of a manager with no experience of managing in English league football?

The 9 months of Slade have ripped the guts out of any positivity created by a promotion that's less than 2 years ago. It begs the question to the board ' WTF were you thinking?'

Good luck Michael - you've got one hell of a job in front of you, completely created by the board's previous appointment.

Possibly not, but every time the job is vacant there's dozens of people on here and social media clamouring for people like Disley, McDermott, Stockdale, B.Davies, Collins etc etc.

So there will have been plenty delighted had people like that got it.

For me, whether they've managed in the Football League is not as important as the man you're getting.
What's his playing philosophy, coaching philosophy, mindset, man management, what's he like as a coach, can he set a team up to win a game, is he tactically clever and able to implement ideas, etc etc.

If you think someone's good at the above, is it important that he's managed in England before?

Jolley might excel at all those things I've mentioned. He might not. But there's probably plenty of Managers we could've appointed with FL experience who might fall short in several of the areas I mention.

We'll see.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 47
HertsGTFC
March 3, 2018, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Tommy

Possibly not, but every time the job is vacant there's dozens of people on here and social media clamouring for people like Disley, McDermott, Stockdale, B.Davies, Collins etc etc.

So there will have been plenty delighted had people like that got it.

For me, whether they've managed in the Football League is not as important as the man you're getting.
What's his playing philosophy, coaching philosophy, mindset, man management, what's he like as a coach, can he set a team up to win a game, is he tactically clever and able to implement ideas, etc etc.

If you think someone's good at the above, is it important that he's managed in England before?

Jolley might excel at all those things I've mentioned. He might not. But there's probably plenty of Managers we could've appointed with FL experience who might fall short in several of the areas I mention.

We'll see.

If memory serves me right he has either an A Licence or a pro Licence so he’ll know how to build session plans and coach, he also talked about environment on that Sheffield TV thing so he clearly recognises the importance of how it feels to be a Town player. Looking at the clip where he talks through how his side beat Malmo he thinks about game plans and set up.

We’ll see if he has the skills to build a side on a small budget and the emotional intelligence to influence hungry and honest players to sign for GTFC

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 47
RichMariner
March 3, 2018, 11:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
Quoted from Davec

Can you see yourself in this video? Plenty to cringe at!

[youtube]o2hLCh-sBpA[/youtube]

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 18 - 47
ginnywings
March 3, 2018, 11:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548
Can't watch that video. The sick bucket is in the shed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.