Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 235 Guests

I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....

This thread currently has 7,065 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
March 3, 2018, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Can anyone ever remember a time when GTFC fans would have been thrilled with the appointment of a manager with no experience of managing in English league football?

The 9 months of Slade have ripped the guts out of any positivity created by a promotion that's less than 2 years ago. It begs the question to the board ' WTF were you thinking?'

Good luck Michael - you've got one hell of a job in front of you, completely created by the board's previous appointment.
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
March 3, 2018, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Can anyone ever remember a time when GTFC fans would have been thrilled with the appointment of a manager with no experience of managing in English league football?

He does have experience of managing in England, he was the manager of Burnley's under 23s

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
GrimRob
March 3, 2018, 6:29pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
What about Brian Laws?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 47
RonMariner
March 3, 2018, 6:59pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,671
Gold Stars: 226
Bournemouth fans could have said the same thing about Eddie Howe when he was appointed when they were in L2 below us. That didn't work out too badly for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
MuddyWaters
March 3, 2018, 7:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,239
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from RonMariner
Bournemouth fans could have said the same thing about Eddie Howe when he was appointed when they were in L2 below us. That didn't work out too badly for them.

As I say Ron, not knocking him one bit. Consider where we were a year ago though and look what damage has been done since.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
headingly_mariner
March 3, 2018, 7:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
I'm hoping he will do fine and the board will have lucked in.

He's pretty much untried and there's no much chance he'd have got another job in the league at the minute. We are totally desperate and have had to take a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
grimsby pete
March 3, 2018, 7:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
We need a miracle worker to stay up and if we do then Jolley is that man,

Most people quite rightly saying we have to beat Barnet and Chesterfield to have any hope plus Port Vale next week,

Well we have only won 4 home games up to now so to win 2 or 3 of our last 5 will be a miracle.

Good luck Michael you will need it mate.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
RonMariner
March 3, 2018, 7:18pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,671
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

As I say Ron, not knocking him one bit. Consider where we were a year ago though and look what damage has been done since.

I think we can all agree he has a massive job on.

I am not sure we can stay up with the players we have available. The squad needs almost a total  clear out and start again from scratch. It may be that the rebuild will happen in the conference rather than L2. I hope not, but Slade and Wilkinson have destroyed our prospects. the pair of them should never darken out doors again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
lew chaterleys lover
March 3, 2018, 7:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from RonMariner

I think we can all agree he has a massive job on.

I am not sure we can stay up with the players we have available. The squad needs almost a total  clear out and start again from scratch. It may be that the rebuild will happen in the conference rather than L2. I hope not, but Slade and Wilkinson have destroyed our prospects. the pair of them should never darken out doors again.

Every manager has struggled under Fenty. He is the only constant in the whole sorry saga and until he goes we will always struggle.

If Jolley performs a miracle and keeps us up, which I doubt bearing in mind the players he has inherited, Fenty will take the plaudits and the heat will be off him until the next time. He might even be carried shoulder high from the pitch at FGR.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
TwoLeftFeet
March 3, 2018, 7:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Fault is in the boardroom penny pinching has cost our club with the results we are seeing and if it costs us our league position....
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I'm not knocking Michael Jolley but.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.