16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Dan
February 28, 2018, 12:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from bawarmy

If we're dropping down to Isthmian league level, Gavin Rose at Dulwich Hamlet is doing incredible things on no budget. His aspire academy takes youth players who have been dropped by the bigger London clubs, and gives them a second chance at football. Notable successes include Erhun Otzumer, now at Walsall and this year Reise Allassani is making waves and attracting offers from above

The standard of football is actually very good, played on the ground and better to watch than town this season.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldnā€™t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 152
horsforthmariner
February 28, 2018, 12:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,611
Gold Stars: 9
Sol Campbell worries me - would be a worse than Newell appointment. But Fenty is a Tory and so is Campbell so it could be possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 152
Mighty_Mariner
March 2, 2018, 12:40pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Sol Campbell confirms he has been interviewed for the job and is now awaiting a decision.

Taken from the telegraph this morning.

Sol Campbell has given an update on his application for the Grimsby Town job.

Speaking at the London Football Awards last night, the former Arsenal defender confirmed he had spoken to the club about the vacant managerial position - now heā€™s waiting to see if heā€™s been successful.

ā€œItā€™s up to them now,ā€ Campbell said. ā€œThey are probably talking to other people, naturally.

ā€œAnd if they give it to me, Iā€™ll be ecstatic; if they give it to someone (else) Iā€™ll be over the moon.

ā€œGood luck to whoever gets it but I have to keep on going, thatā€™s all you can do really.

ā€œIā€™ve spoken to Oxford and spoken to Grimsby Town so Iā€™m going to see what happens.ā€

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 152
psgmariner
March 2, 2018, 12:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
He's odd.

Private Message
Reply: 133 - 152
jock dock tower
March 2, 2018, 12:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
If he gets it I think it'll be a roller coaster of a ride for him, the club and the fans. Think the culture of Grimsby and it's environs might be more than slightly alien to him, but if he's prepared to roll up his sleeves and do a job he'll hopefully be as capable as any other applicant.

Just imagine the following scenario. Less than two months into the job, big falling out between him and JF, and Sol buys the club out of the spare change in his pocket, and gets the chance to do something remarkable......and does it. His stock rises - and he must see Grimsby as a stepping stone - we keep ourselves in the Football League and we maybe get a decent team for next season to play out Sol's vision.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 152
Northbank Mariner
March 2, 2018, 1:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from jock dock tower
If he gets it I think it'll be a roller coaster of a ride for him, the club and the fans. Think the culture of Grimsby and it's environs might be more than slightly alien to him, but if he's prepared to roll up his sleeves and do a job he'll hopefully be as capable as any other applicant.

Just imagine the following scenario. Less than two months into the job, big falling out between him and JF, and Sol buys the club out of the spare change in his pocket, and gets the chance to do something remarkable......and does it. His stock rises - and he must see Grimsby as a stepping stone - we keep ourselves in the Football League and we maybe get a decent team for next season to play out Sol's vision.

Whatever you are smoking, i will have some please....talk about optimism...you`re glass isn`t half full, it is positively brimming over..
Cannot see Campbell coming this far north of the Watford gap, what he has done is clever if not a little back handed,
I am sure, even if offered the job he will turn it down with some excuse how it "just wasn`t quite the role" for him, but what it has given him is the air time to put his face out there in an ever increasing market place as clubs sack their under performing managers before the end of the season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 152
ginnywings
March 2, 2018, 1:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Think that's Carlsberg rather than Sol.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 152
chaos33
March 2, 2018, 1:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Seriously, what boxes does Campbell tick?
Any? Compare him to some other linked names, especially someone like Jolley with a top coaching qualification, extensive experience, player connections, an articulate, knowledgeable presentation style  etc and it's ludicrous that we even bothered to interview him. Campbell wouldn't have made my short list.
If he is appointed I will be apoplectic. What in earth is the club faffing about at?!?!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 152
RoboCod
March 2, 2018, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from chaos33
Seriously, what boxes does Campbell tick?
Any? Compare him to some other linked names, especially someone like Jolley with a top coaching qualification, extensive experience, player connections, an articulate, knowledgeable presentation style  etc and it's ludicrous that we even bothered to interview him. Campbell wouldn't have made my short list.
If he is appointed I will be apoplectic. What in earth is the club faffing about at?!?!

At the moment we're (possibly) using him and his name to promote our managers job. He's (hopefully) using us and our job to get his name out there.
All harmless fun.

If this is not the case and he ends up here then I'll be signing up to A.A (Apoplectics Anonymous) with you.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 152
chaos33
March 2, 2018, 2:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Yes that did occur to me. You better be right!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 152
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sol campbellšŸ˜­

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.